War Room Lounge V20: Halloween Awareness: Dispatches Blast Yo Ass from a Pumpkin Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's a pretty good one. I'd put it in his second tier for me.
I agree
Which is kind of impressive considering how weird some of the books from that era got
I lives me some Stephen King, but The Dark Half was pretty ungainly

Christ, Gerald's Game was damn near unreadable
So uncomfortable

I'd put Pet Cemetery somewhere around Salem's Lot, Carrie, Cujo, Christine, and The Talisman.

The Shining, The Stand, IT, and Misery are a cut above everything else.

There's a lot of crap accumulating at the bottom.

I'd put Pet Cemetery somewhere around Salem's Lot, Carrie, Cujo, Christine, and The Talisman.

The Shining, The Stand, IT, and Misery are a cut above everything else.

There's a lot of crap accumulating at the bottom.
For me, The Stand and IT are all by themselves at the top. Second tier is Misery, The Shining, Pet Cemetary, and Cycle of the Werewolf(I know this one is a silly choice, but that book has a special place in my heart).

you cunts have all forgotten the face of your father

For me, The Stand and IT are all by themselves at the top. Second tier is Misery, The Shining, Pet Cemetary, and Cycle of the Werewolf(I know this one is a silly choice, but that book has a special place in my heart).
Heh, don't feel bad, I still love Eyes Of The Dragon and he wrote that for his little niece or something.

The Long Walk, The Running Man , The Stand and The Shining are my favorites as far as novels go. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon needs an honorable mention.
His best stuff imo is in novella or short story form, though, Cain Rose Up being my all time favorite.

Not a fan of the trailer for Pet Sematary - although I do love me some john Lithgow

Meh, it looks ambitious, at least directorally. And that's basically all that you can ask for when it comes to remakes imo.

Also, the first Pet Sematary, like most of King's screen adaptations, was fucking terrible.

Yeah, that's a pretty good one. I'd put it in his second tier for me.

Never a fan of his books. I've read a few and wasn't super impressed.

Most of the movies based on his books suck too. Misery was the best imo in terms of execution, followed by The Shining and The Green Mile.

Meh, it looks ambitious, at least directorally. And that's basically all that you can ask for when it comes to remakes imo.

Also, the first Pet Sematary, like most of King's screen adaptations, was fucking terrible.

Most of the movies based on his books suck too. Misery was the best imo in terms of execution, followed by The Shining and The Green Mile.
There are a lot more movie adaptations than you might think
Most of them are bad, but the good ones are really really good.

Ahem...Shawshank Redemption?

Isn't Stephen King supposed to suck or something?

Stand By Me

Lawnmower Man.

Seriously, I don't know WTF was up with that. King's story isn't remotely similar to the movie. Like, it would be like calling Inside Man and adaptation of Bel Canto.

Anybody else like 11/22/63?

I hadn't read a King book in a really long time before that one, and aside from the ending I really enjoyed it. Very different kind of story for him, and I thought he did a great job building the early 60's.

Lawnmower Man.

Seriously, I don't know WTF was up with that. King's story isn't remotely similar to the movie. Like, it would be like calling Inside Man and adaptation of Bel Canto.

Didn't even know that was a King adaptation. Movie scared the shit out of me as a kid

Didn't even know that was a King adaptation. Movie scared the shit out of me as a kid

I only saw it because I was a big King fan at the time. The original short story was creepy af. But then the movie was some kind of virtual reality bullshit.

I only saw it because I was a big King fan at the time. The original short story was creepy af. But then the movie was some kind of virtual reality bullshit.

Wait, Lawnmower Man was an actual book/movie?

I thought you were making a joke, like that Family Guy joke about King making a book about a killer desk lamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back