WAR ROOM LOUNGE V17: The Stuff Under Your You-Know-What

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody need 50 cases of natty delivered on a Wednesday night?

ZQ6PkbO.jpg

Nice. I used to be into woodworking when I was a kid, except I was a D&D nerd so it was all swords and shields and shit like that. I had to use my dad's jig saw and chisels, though. I've seriously been thinking of getting into it again for a pastime.

Highly reccomend it. This saw is on the cheaper end at 92 bucks out the door, and as you can see, it does the job nicely.

I learned you can do compound cuts leaving you with a 3d image. I think I'm gonna make chess pieces with a real ornate chess board/storage box as my first big project. Also interested in those real fancy gfather clocks

what do you guys think of the Jon Jones verdict? 15 months retroactive???? While Machida got 18??

If the negative press and misinterpretations are something he consciously invited then no reason they should bother anyone else. It not stopping the game is irrelevant.

They can't? Why not? They make me dress a certain way. Sit in a certain chair. Determine if facial hair is allowed. Check my blood for drugs or alcohol. Maintain a driver's license. Behave respectfully toward customers. What in the law prevents them from requiring that I stand silently for a couple minutes on occasion? Especially when the alternative can be construed as showing disrespect towards the customers and sponsor. Since the 1st only applies to government you must be citing something in employment law?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...-president-cant-ken-paulson-column/703492001/
http://www.thebowenlawgroup.com/blo...-an-employee-to-stand-for-the-national-anthem

Bro. Props for your actual career minded focus and stuff. I couldn't do that lol.

Bro. Props for your actual career minded focus and stuff. I couldn't do that lol.

They dangle that pension out there so it's hard to not keep coming back. :(

Full disclosure though, I don't follow the facial hair policy at all. :eek::D

EDIT: PS, I'd chuck it all to move to New Orleans and write jokes for you.

what do you guys think of the Jon Jones verdict? 15 months retroactive???? While Machida got 18??

Ethically, it's absolutely reprehensible.

Fuck ethics, though. Jones/DC 3, baby! The Dog needs more DC gifs!

They dangle that pension out there so it's hard to not keep coming back. :(

Full disclosure though, I don't follow the facial hair policy at all. :eek::D

EDIT: PS, I'd chuck it all to move to New Orleans and write jokes for you.

Lol naw. The world needs both types of people. Grass is always greener. I wonder about your lifestyle a few times, and having a solid future and life must be baller.

I'm too much of a social loner to really be able to do traditional style adult ass work, not to say I don't feel extremely lucky to live the life I lead but Hawaii with sweet ass guns and a cool place to live is baller as fuuuuuuck.

I wonder about your lifestyle a few times, and having a solid future and life must be baller.

I sit in a room by myself all day and don't really enjoy the work. So you have all the fun while I have all the security. Yeah, grass is definitely greener.

Jones ain't got time for that no drawing bum. It's all big money fights for the MMA God. Brock first. He can steal that payday from DC.

Nah, DC earned that payday. Jones has to beat Gus and then he can claim big money fights.

Let's try to have fewer, not more, meaningless terms polluting our discussions.
Brought this here because it was a non-sequitur to the thread it was in but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your proper use of "fewer" instead of the much more common misuse of "less".

I guess language is an evolving thing but I see otherwise intelligent people making this mistake so often it's become accepted. Right up there with "irregardless" .

Just a pet peeve, carry on folks.

Its bullshit, especially since this isn't the first time he's fucked up. Should've at least got two years like Werdum if not more. Definite hacism against da Brahzilians

But at the same time @HereticBD has a point, it'll be neat to see Jones comes back. Especially if it means we finally get to see him lose.

I sit in a room by myself all day and don't really enjoy the work. So you have all the fun while I have all the security. Yeah, grass is definitely greener.
I just hate authority. I can work for people if I respect them and take pride in what I do. Like my job right now is baller but I've been in jobs I just hated especially corporate. The problem is it takes me forever to quit. There are still people at Whole Foods who legit think I set the rotisserie on fire on purpose.

Nah, DC earned that payday. Jones has to beat Gus and then he can claim big money fights.

That's not how it works in the UFC. Cheaters prosper. DC will now have to fight Jones to earn his payday with Brock, and Brock will get to sit on his ass waiting for his totally deserved title shot.

Last edited:
I just hate authority. I can work for people if I respect them and take pride in what I do. Like my job right now is baller but I've been in jobs I just hated especially corporate. The problem is it takes me forever to quit.

Speakin' my language.

Its bullshit, especially since this isn't the first time he's fucked up. Should've at least got two years like Werdum if not more. Definite hacism against da Brahzilians

But at the same time @HereticBD has a point, it'll be neat to see Jones comes back. Especially if it means we finally get to see him lose.

Penalties are directly proportional to pay days apparently.

Edit: That should probably be "inversely proportional". The bigger the pay days you provide, the smaller the penalty you get.

I guess language is an evolving thing but I see otherwise intelligent people making this mistake so often it's become accepted. Right up there with "irregardless" .

Have at it.

<This7>

Irregardless of them not understanding the meaning of the word "inconsistent," you think they'd be more aware just how poor their argument really is.

<28>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back