WAR ROOM LOUNGE V14: Moor of the Saim

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like flash anger, you know. It comes out of you so fast that you can't even tell grab the reigns. I'm afraid of my self.

giphy.gif

This contest is like a beauty queen pageant. So much fun. ?1?

@HomerThompson & @Fawlty

If you two, the artist formerly known as @Senri, and yours' truly were locked in a three-hour bus-ride with @Quipling driving, who comes out smiling the most, the least, and why? Yes, full-bar and herbacious delights. :cool:
Three hours with booze? I think I'd be okay. But that's borderline for when things start becoming a major bummer. I want to make sure Quipling drinks enough to lower his bus-crashing-on-purpose inhibition in case Senri, uh, starts migrating into the nexus. Homer strikes me as the type who will repeatedly say that he "loves you, man" when sauced. Which I think is a wonderful characteristic in a person. I think you would make some short speeches about how well the bus seats work as couches.

Here's a sentence that I want to get out of my head, and into yours:

Coming awkwardly with prostitutes who have not yet accepted the fact that they are prostitutes.

lol there were worse movies in playing in my head for a while today. I wonder if all this resentment inside is the real me? that would be fucked....

I can't imagine what people that have to beat addictions to opiates like heroin or ampthetemines like meth, go through with their detox.

This is merely uncomfortable, and I'm pretty sure my discomfort has likkle-girl muscles compared to their ordeal so I kind of fel shame at of being a bit of a suck.

I've worked with addicts in the past , and did some side-work at a homeless shelter a few time last year but they've always been dry or at least never that high in front of me. Back in my raver days (Big Up the Parkdale Massive!!!) coming down of esctacy after a three day stomp might make me weepy and frail, but oranges and gaterade and muscle relaxants generally did the trick

Anybody ever see a friend or anyone go through a real major withdrawal from a hard drug like coke or heroin or even booze? The best I can imagine it is from what I watched from movies like Requiem for a Dream and Basketball Diaries.

Here's a sentence that I want to get out of my head, and into yours:

Coming awkwardly with prostitutes who have not yet accepted the fact that they are prostitutes.

I don't like that at all

They all look terrible from what I’ve seen (withdrawals). I’ve seen seizures from booze and some prescription withdrawals. Herion and the like involves a lot of vomiting from what I’ve seen. Meth is just... idk people can seem cooked for forever after sometimes

Nothing crazy, lots of little 4 figure days playing cards. I think story one I never told, I was in Reno playing at Atlantis (I think) a long time ago, and almost got into a round robin douche tournament of fist fights between me, some middle eastern guy, and some hefty guy.

What happened in the hand was middle eastern guy bluffed all in against me and hefty guy. The board had 3 Jacks, a King, and a blank. I had a full house because I paired the King. So I'm facing middle eastern guy's all-in (I had more than enough $ to cover his bet) with hefty guy left to act behind me (he had more $ than me, which means if I call middle eastern guy there's a big chance that hefty guy puts me all in for a few hundred $ more). I was spending some extra time thinking through the hand, and I would have called for sure, but hefty guy does something that is super-fucking out of line- he folds his cards before I act, because he's mad that I'm taking so long. Basically, that gave me a super easy call against middle eastern guy, because I know I won't get raised.

So naturally, ME guy is super pissed (and rightfully so) at hefty guy and they start going at it, getting in each others' faces and start pushing and getting handsy. I can't keep my nose out of fights so I'm trying to keep them apart. The floor manager & crew comes over and tries to chill things out and figure out what happened. Everyone calms down and I tell my side of the story about the poker hand, how hefty guy fucked up the hand for us, and I wasn't really nice about it. Hefty guy then gets pissed off at me and comes at me like he's gonna do some hefty man things to me, so I'm ready to throw down, and ME guy gets in between us (lol). More floor people come over and chill us out. We work that out and everything was cool, I thought.

Then a few minutes later, ME guy throws a few hundred at me and doesn't say anything. Just rudely tosses hundred dollar bills at me like I'm supposed to know what to do. I'm like, "uh..." and he finally barks at me that he's buying chips from me. I was like "shouldn't you buy them from the dealer?" Apparently, that set him the fuck off, so now me and ME guy are jibber jabbin' and working up the fight adrenaline, one of us tells the other to fuck off and before I know it we're standing up again. Floor guys have to fucking come back over again (they should have tased all three of us) and I want to go outside to fight in the parking lot, but my money's on the table and the parking lot is a really long walk, so it would have been soooooo awkward walking out of the poker room, across the floor, up the stairs, over the overpass, down the stairs, and into the parking lot...yeah.

Fat guy then starts pleading with us to stop because he's like, emotionally sensitive at this point, and me too- I'm feeling like "What the fuck is even happening?!" and I just want to sit down. We didn't get kicked out but we left the poker room, and I end up having a nice time shooting the shit with ME guy and all ends well. That was a pretty weird experience, very low rent lol, with three dudes all trying to fight each other and also trying to break things up.

I have my fair share of poker room conflicts...

I have one hilarious one I've shared before . When I get back to the office I'll try to find it

Rough night, but i think it's downhill running from here on in.

Erodagan has been asking for this shit for a while now, juicing that coup to consolidate power like he's angling for a Sultanate type of governance.

Fuck him and his final form. It's about time he got a likkle slap.

Turkey's on-again, off-again proposal to buy Russian missile defenses, for example, shows how the country has frequently courted over-the-line behavior much to the anger of NATO.

If Turkey bought Russian missile defenses, Russia would get a window into NATO's first line of defense. With the US's trillion-dollar F-35 stealth jet coming online specifically as an effort to defeat Russian defenses in the case of war, this represents a hard red line, and Congress has acted accordingly by banning the sale of F-35s to Turkey.

@Fawlty

this is probably my favorite incident:

So I was playing 8-16 Texas Hold em, nothing too serious. I mean, not chump change, but you can relax playing this compared to No-Limit or 20-40 Blinds.

Poker rooms in in the greater Seattle area are very diverse. This is like the one place where white people are in the minority.

Anyway, at my table is black American (I’m using this term, “black American” to avoid confusion in this story), an Ethiopian and an indian guy and some other players.

I’m a social guy, especially when I drink. So I’m chatting up with the black American, we are talking about girls, boxing, sports, etc…really cool guy.

Anyway, in this one hand, I fold…so it’s just heads up between the black American, and Ethiopian. The Ethiopian guy whom I’ve played with numerous times, really nice guy, for some reason is perturbed by this black American. The Ethiopian guy bluffs, and gets called by the black American. The black American starts to talk shit, and celebrating…

I’ll break the rest down in dialogue format:

Black American: Fu*k yea, I knew you were lying!

Ethiopian: Shut up and just play your cards.

BA: man, I gotcha…you need to go back to your country. Go back to Africa!

Ethiopian: Africa is a continent, not a country. But your people wouldn’t know that.

BA: whatever…go back to Somalia.

Ethiopian: I’m Ethiopian.

BA: Whatever man, you fresh off the boat! Go back home! You fresh off the boat!!

Logicalinsanity: (trying to keep the peace), oh you’re Ethiopian, where abouts? Addis Abba?

Ethiopian: Yes, I’m from there.

LI: Yea, that’s the only city I know in Ethiopia, LOL.

Ethiopian: yea, at least you know your geography. His people (pointing at black American), they don’t know geography.

BA: man, you fresh off the boat, did you come here with like all your family, and your 20 kids?

Ethiopian: At least we take care of our children. Your people don’t.

Indian guy: STOP IT, STOP IT! I DIDN’T COME HERE TO HEAR THIS RACIST SHIT!! THAT IS RACIST!!

Ethiopian: why are you upset? I wasn’t talking to you.

Indian Guy: I DON’T CARE. THAT’S RACIST…RACIST SHIT!!.

Long story shit, I got to sit in on some good ole fashioned racism being hurled both ways.

@Fawlty

this is probably my favorite incident:

So I was playing 8-16 Texas Hold em, nothing too serious. I mean, not chump change, but you can relax playing this compared to No-Limit or 20-40 Blinds.

Poker rooms in in the greater Seattle area are very diverse. This is like the one place where white people are in the minority.

Anyway, at my table is black American (I’m using this term, “black American” to avoid confusion in this story), an Ethiopian and an indian guy and some other players.

I’m a social guy, especially when I drink. So I’m chatting up with the black American, we are talking about girls, boxing, sports, etc…really cool guy.

Anyway, in this one hand, I fold…so it’s just heads up between the black American, and Ethiopian. The Ethiopian guy whom I’ve played with numerous times, really nice guy, for some reason is perturbed by this black American. The Ethiopian guy bluffs, and gets called by the black American. The black American starts to talk shit, and celebrating…

I’ll break the rest down in dialogue format:

Black American: Fu*k yea, I knew you were lying!

Ethiopian: Shut up and just play your cards.

BA: man, I gotcha…you need to go back to your country. Go back to Africa!

Ethiopian: Africa is a continent, not a country. But your people wouldn’t know that.

BA: whatever…go back to Somalia.

Ethiopian: I’m Ethiopian.

BA: Whatever man, you fresh off the boat! Go back home! You fresh off the boat!!

Logicalinsanity: (trying to keep the peace), oh you’re Ethiopian, where abouts? Addis Abba?

Ethiopian: Yes, I’m from there.

LI: Yea, that’s the only city I know in Ethiopia, LOL.

Ethiopian: yea, at least you know your geography. His people (pointing at black American), they don’t know geography.

BA: man, you fresh off the boat, did you come here with like all your family, and your 20 kids?

Ethiopian: At least we take care of our children. Your people don’t.

Indian guy: STOP IT, STOP IT! I DIDN’T COME HERE TO HEAR THIS RACIST SHIT!! THAT IS RACIST!!

Ethiopian: why are you upset? I wasn’t talking to you.

Indian Guy: I DON’T CARE. THAT’S RACIST…RACIST SHIT!!.

Long story shit, I got to sit in on some good ole fashioned racism being hurled both ways.
Was always fun when people would have arguments and get on tilt. I had this game in Wendover, NV of all places, $1-2 No Limit and there was an insane amount of money at the table for 1-2, average stack way over 1k. Probably the deepest I ever played in terms of big blinds. People were straddling to $16 pretty much every hand, you had to make it like $100 to go if you wanted to push anyone out.

So naturally, the few good players were fucking drooling. If you caught some cards it would be easy to walk off with 5k+. I was just being low key and looking for a spot, and this drunk kid on my left starts making fun of the worst player at the table. A guy to my right kept thinking it was me talking shit about the fish, because he kept hissing at me to shut the fuck up lol. I'm trying to let him know it's not me- it's the drunk kid, but he doesn't believe me, so we're trying to have this really quiet argument so the fish doesn't hear.

Then the drunk kid on my left cracks my Kings and Aces in almost back to back hands, and I'm rebuying into this circus of a fucking game while I'm pissed about the drunk kid, and pissed at the guy next to me who thinks I'm talking shit about the fish. The drunk kid is very amused by all of this. Finally the fish leaves, but the table is still really good so it's no big deal as far as I'm concerned. Then my accuser raises his voice so the whole damn table can hear, and starts lecturing me about scaring off the fish. He just wouldn't fuckin' believe me that it was the drunk kid, and the drunk kid is practically rolling on the floor laughing at this point, holding most of my money and a lot of the fish's money.

And the table just died after that. No more straddling, some big stacks left the table, nobody was playing crazy, just a dead ass $1-2 No Limit table that isn't seeing flops. It was a goddamn trainwreck lol.

Last edited:
TO piggy back on LI I hear the racism insult hurled back and forth between people all the time.

There's a couple black dude's that come into the bar I'm a door guy at the two nights a week I work mostly cause I'm there and I've always treated them with respect and played along with their sarcasm so they give my bar business and bring friends.

Anyways, both of them in the span of two nights were (and I paraphrase): "bruh, you a cool cat and you're not completely white but not black either. I feel comfortable saying you my *insertTHATwordhere*"

One of them was like "what's up my *insertTHATwordhere*" the next night and this white Western girl goes fucking APESHIT about it. Was lulzy.. My response was a "what's up brother" or something thereabouts and she mistook it for me saying *insertTHATwordhere* and went ballistic.

I play black jack and craps because I'm a can. But one week I came back from Vegas up about $7k after expenses (hotel, food, etc). I'm Hawaiian so we stay downtown on the cheap and all but still, I was impressed with my luck haha. Downtown Vegas is the 8th Hawaiian island, bullehs.

Sure. With weed.

Movies, walks in the parks, writing fiction, listening to beats, cooking, fucking, even shitposting on sherdog. It's embedded in my life for a while.

But I did it to myself so it's better if I stop kvetching lol

Just gonna think about the six grand a year I'll save from not smoking if I can slay this last DependancyDragon.
That's rough. I know how it is, when you've been on it for a bit you come to associate it with all your favorite activities because you tend to smoke while doing them to enhance the experience and then thinking about those activities makes you want to smoke. For me the best strategy to stay away from it is to read because reading is one thing I enjoy more sober and in the long run its more fulfilling then other activities I spend my time on.

lol stretch

Calling tall people Stretch is something that never stops being funny imo

EDIT: I was thinking Lurch. But Stretch is also funny. It's a phonetic thing.

They're so cheerful when they say it too.

But after the billionth time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back