WAR ROOM LOUNGE V14: Moor of the Saim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Levi: Hey Cleon, by God I think we finally have a candidate who will stick up for regular folks like us in Washington.

Cleon: Oh really? What's his name?

Levi: Greefus Scuzbug, IV.

Cleon: Wait, didn't he sell your Daddy the broken farm equipment that kilt him?

Levi: Heh heh, like Daddy always said, better dead than Democrat.

Cleon: Ha! Y'all said it.

♥ rural 'merika

I sincerely hope that the 2020 election comes down to Trump and Warren. It's a joy to watch her destroy greedy, incompetent 1-percenters.

A Trump vs Warren matchup would be a dream come true for my side. Trust me, you guys don't want that.

Anyone watched those old documentaries, The World at War and The Cold War?
While the narratives are the sort of shallow overview you'd expect from a TV documentary (compared to reading any halfway decent book on the material), they really do have some excellent interviews with key figures which make them worth watching.
I've had them on in the background while I'm working this week and it's been very interesting.
I wonder about the producers though, because the Cold War series is relatively neutral up until it starts to deal with South America. At which point it becomes extremely critical of the US (ie Interview of a CIA guy saying all the civilians shot in the Allende coup, "were bad people" interposed with the widow of Victor Jara talking about his last moments. Similarly an interview with a McCarthy era CIA agent talking about how the democratic elections of left-wing leaders were all communist conspiracies, interspersed with a KGB agent of the time saying the USSR didn't even have diplomatic relations with these particular South American groups). Fair enough the episodes covered are no doubt amongst the worst of the US cold war sins, but the sudden shift seemed like it might be personal.

Anyone watched those old '90s documentaries, The World at War and The Cold War?
While the narratives are the sort of shallow overview you'd expect from a TV documentary (compared to reading any halfway decent book on the material), they really do have some excellent interviews with key figures which make them worth watching.
I've had them on in the background while I'm working this week and it's been very interesting.
I wonder about the producers though, because the Cold War series is relatively neutral up until it starts to deal with South America. At which point it becomes extremely critical of the US (ie Interview of a CIA guy saying all the civilians shot in the Allende coup, "were bad people" interposed with the widow of Victor Jara talking about his last moments. Similarly an interview with a McCarthy era CIA agent talking about how the democratic elections of left-wing leaders were all communist conspiracies, interspersed with a KGB agent of the time saying the USSR didn't even have diplomatic relations with these particular South American groups). Fair enough the episodes covered are no doubt amongst the worst of the US cold war sins, but the sudden shift seemed like it might be personal.

I won't pretend to be impartial, but it's always been very hard for me to render any understanding of America's Cold War-era involvement in Latin America that doesn't cast the US as a villain. It seems like you really have to go balls deep on the "but muh Soviet evil" paranoia to even attempt to justify the US's actions.

I won't pretend to be impartial, but it's always been very hard for me to render any understanding of America's Cold War-era involvement in Latin America that doesn't cast the US as a villain. It seems like you really have to go balls deep on the "but muh Soviet evil" paranoia to even attempt to justify the US's actions.

Yeah, I wouldn't say it was an inaccurate portrayal at all, just markedly different to the rest of the series. I mean they spent almost no time at all on the atrocities under Mao for instance. They remained very neutral in the coverage of Communist China, but rather than stick with a similar political overview for central America, they go with the deaths of Victor Jara and Oscar Romero and have very unsympathetic interviews with the US political figures involved.
I'd say they were also more sympathetic (although still highly critical obviously) in their treatment of Brezhnev and the Russians during the '68 invasion of Czechoslovakia.
The interviews with Castro are great though (not just on Latin America, but also Africa).

Edit: Reading through the writers' bios, I figure O'Shaughnessy wrote the Latin American episodes. Which would explain it. Friend of Allende.

So is @waiguoren revealing that his whole account was a troll and he's leaving the WR for good or is it just the weird sexual stuff and the white nationalism? Or is it something more limited?

Dream on Jackie Boy. We all know who the uncrowned bet champion is. I'm coming for that undisputed title.

I had the whole peanut gallery trolled thoroughly for 48 hours. Trolling is only one of my many talents.

I've never expressed white nationalist views here, that's just your narrow-mindedness acting up again. This is one of the more foolish tendencies of yours; like the SPLC, you prefer labeling people in broad strokes. Nuance be damned, GWB-style. If one prefers a more restrictive immigration policy, Jackie says he is a "white nationalist". Outside of the adoring eyes of the War Room Lounge Peanut Gallery, it makes you look like a fool. Maybe that's why you hang out here so much---insulating yourself from criticism.

"Jokes on you guys! I was only pretending to be retarded!"
Bad look, duder. Bad look lol. I mean, it's your only option, so I understand, but still.
This smells like embarrassment over being trolled.

But seriously, you can take the "sexually liberated" attorneys. Go wild.

You know folks, if there's one bit of wisdom I've picked up in all my years it's that no one is EVER "just kidding".

Besides that's a bad out wai, you'd have been better off copping to digging submissive little-girl boys than copping to being a troll, ouch man.

I like you, so please don't veer off into galoot territory here.

Most of the preferences I expressed are my own. Were I younger, unmarried man, I would certainly not pursue Jackie's attention whore. I would definitely pursue the female whose photo I posted. If you think that mere fact makes me a likely pedophile, then most men in the world are suspected pedophiles. Most of the world's men are in Asia, and I promise you the vast majority would prefer the 20-something I posted to the 20-something Jacke posted. You're in the minority. It's fine to be in the minority, but to delude yourself into thinking you're in the majority is just sad.

Again, I exaggerated some things to rile up the Peanut Gallery. It was good fun.

This smells like embarrassment over being trolled.

But seriously, you can take the "sexually liberated" attorneys. Go wild.
Oh somethin smells alright
Damn, dawg
You got yerself in a pickle here, no doubt, and I get the only way to try and save face is to plead trolling. The way to avoid this in the future is to qualify from the start, rather than springing the ol "you've fallen for my deliberate retardation trap!" card.

Oh somethin smells alright
Damn, dawg
You got yerself in a pickle here, no doubt, and I get the only way to try and save face is to plead trolling. The way to avoid this in the future is to qualify from the start, rather than springing the ol "you've fallen for my deliberate retardation trap!" card.
What pickle did I get myself into? I'm quite happy with everything I posted.

What's more dangerous to your health, exposing the Clinton's or exposing pedophiles?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-45195756

South Africa has been gripped by the mysterious death of former police officer Mark Minnie, just a week after he revealed horrific details about an alleged paedophile ring in the once-feared white-minority government that portrayed itself as being made up of devout Christian men.

Minnie, 58, was found with a bullet to his head, but many people are refusing to believe the police version - that he took his own life at the farm of a friend near the coastal city of Port Elizabeth.

"The fact that the suicide note was found doesn't necessarily mean he wrote it willingly. I mean he could've written it under duress. The fact that he shot himself with someone else's pistol already raises questions," investigative journalist and author Jacques Pauw told South Africa's radio 702.

I really hope I never happen upon evidence of shit like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back