Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

The best in Highland Lard.

on-greylock.jpg

Mod Note: This thread is for a general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click insert quote, and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Odd Note:
"

Is it like this
In death's other kingdom
Waking alone
At the hour when we are
Trembling with tenderness
Lips that would kiss
Form prayers to broken stone.

"
― T.S. Eliot

“Time to go down to the basement for some more hauntingly delicious Count Chocula cereal!”
― Count Chocula

Damn these move fast.

Gambling stories...

What's the most you've won gambling, anything from poker ,to sports bets, craps slots, etc

Sherdog, the last bastion of free speech

th

Gambling stories...

What's the most you've won gambling, anything from poker ,to sports bets, craps slots, etc

Won $20 or $50 way back in the day when Chavez lost and the dude didn't pay me because he didn't agree with the decision. Might have been the last time I bet with money I wasn't trying to lose.

Won $20 or $50 way back in the day when Chavez lost and the dude didn't pay me because he didn't agree with the decision. Might have been the last time I bet with money I wasn't trying to lose.

Damn, Randall was an 18-1 underdog. Good call, and the guy totally should have paid. I assume by the amount that you gave him even odds.

Damn, Randall was an 18-1 underdog. Good call, and the guy totally should have paid. I assume by the amount that you gave him even odds.

Actually I think that had already happened, based on when I worked with this guy and having just checked Julio's record. Was there anything controversial about the subsequent losses to Oscar? Maybe the dude just told me to suck it and my brain made up that he had an excuse. :oops:

I definitely got stiffed. It's the last time I bet money with the intention of collecting.

Gambling stories...

Nothing crazy, lots of little 4 figure days playing cards. I think story one I never told, I was in Reno playing at Atlantis (I think) a long time ago, and almost got into a round robin douche tournament of fist fights between me, some middle eastern guy, and some hefty guy.

What happened in the hand was middle eastern guy bluffed all in against me and hefty guy. The board had 3 Jacks, a King, and a blank. I had a full house because I paired the King. So I'm facing middle eastern guy's all-in (I had more than enough $ to cover his bet) with hefty guy left to act behind me (he had more $ than me, which means if I call middle eastern guy there's a big chance that hefty guy puts me all in for a few hundred $ more). I was spending some extra time thinking through the hand, and I would have called for sure, but hefty guy does something that is super-fucking out of line- he folds his cards before I act, because he's mad that I'm taking so long. Basically, that gave me a super easy call against middle eastern guy, because I know I won't get raised.

So naturally, ME guy is super pissed (and rightfully so) at hefty guy and they start going at it, getting in each others' faces and start pushing and getting handsy. I can't keep my nose out of fights so I'm trying to keep them apart. The floor manager & crew comes over and tries to chill things out and figure out what happened. Everyone calms down and I tell my side of the story about the poker hand, how hefty guy fucked up the hand for us, and I wasn't really nice about it. Hefty guy then gets pissed off at me and comes at me like he's gonna do some hefty man things to me, so I'm ready to throw down, and ME guy gets in between us (lol). More floor people come over and chill us out. We work that out and everything was cool, I thought.

Then a few minutes later, ME guy throws a few hundred at me and doesn't say anything. Just rudely tosses hundred dollar bills at me like I'm supposed to know what to do. I'm like, "uh..." and he finally barks at me that he's buying chips from me. I was like "shouldn't you buy them from the dealer?" Apparently, that set him the fuck off, so now me and ME guy are jibber jabbin' and working up the fight adrenaline, one of us tells the other to fuck off and before I know it we're standing up again. Floor guys have to fucking come back over again (they should have tased all three of us) and I want to go outside to fight in the parking lot, but my money's on the table and the parking lot is a really long walk, so it would have been soooooo awkward walking out of the poker room, across the floor, up the stairs, over the overpass, down the stairs, and into the parking lot...yeah.

Fat guy then starts pleading with us to stop because he's like, emotionally sensitive at this point, and me too- I'm feeling like "What the fuck is even happening?!" and I just want to sit down. We didn't get kicked out but we left the poker room, and I end up having a nice time shooting the shit with ME guy and all ends well. That was a pretty weird experience, very low rent lol, with three dudes all trying to fight each other and also trying to break things up.

Nothing crazy, lots of little 4 figure days playing cards. I think story one I never told, I was in Reno playing at Atlantis (I think) a long time ago, and almost got into a round robin douche tournament of fist fights between me, some middle eastern guy, and some hefty guy.

What happened in the hand was middle eastern guy bluffed all in against me and hefty guy. The board had 3 Jacks, a King, and a blank. I had a full house because I paired the King. So I'm facing middle eastern guy's all-in (I had more than enough $ to cover his bet) with hefty guy left to act behind me (he had more $ than me, which means if I call middle eastern guy there's a big chance that hefty guy puts me all in for a few hundred $ more). I was spending some extra time thinking through the hand, and I would have called for sure, but hefty guy does something that is super-fucking out of line- he folds his cards before I act, because he's mad that I'm taking so long. Basically, that gave me a super easy call against middle eastern guy, because I know I won't get raised.

So naturally, ME guy is super pissed (and rightfully so) at hefty guy and they start going at it, getting in each others' faces and start pushing and getting handsy. I can't keep my nose out of fights so I'm trying to keep them apart. The floor manager & crew comes over and tries to chill things out and figure out what happened. Everyone calms down and I tell my side of the story about the poker hand, how hefty guy fucked up the hand for us, and I wasn't really nice about it. Hefty guy then gets pissed off at me and comes at me like he's gonna do some hefty man things to me, so I'm ready to throw down, and ME guy gets in between us (lol). More floor people come over and chill us out. We work that out and everything was cool, I thought.

Then a few minutes later, ME guy throws a few hundred at me and doesn't say anything. Just rudely tosses hundred dollar bills at me like I'm supposed to know what to do. I'm like, "uh..." and he finally barks at me that he's buying chips from me. I was like "shouldn't you buy them from the dealer?" Apparently, that set him the fuck off, so now me and ME guy are jibber jabbin' and working up the fight adrenaline, one of us tells the other to fuck off and before I know it we're standing up again. Floor guys have to fucking come back over again (they should have tased all three of us) and I want to go outside to fight in the parking lot, but my money's on the table and the parking lot is a really long walk, so it would have been soooooo awkward walking out of the poker room, across the floor, up the stairs, over the overpass, down the stairs, and into the parking lot...yeah.

Fat guy then starts pleading with us to stop because he's like, emotionally sensitive at this point, and me too- I'm feeling like "What the fuck is even happening?!" and I just want to sit down. We didn't get kicked out but we left the poker room, and I end up having a nice time shooting the shit with ME guy and all ends well. That was a pretty weird experience, very low rent lol, with three dudes all trying to fight each other and also trying to break things up.
I just spent a solid couple minutes laughing at this

Fat guy then starts pleading with us to stop because he's like, emotionally sensitive at this point,

455px-The_Gong_Show_Chuck_Barris_1976.jpg

Nice trip down memory lane here. Had no clue Chong wrote something that charted for Motown. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back