WAR ROOM LOUNGE V11: Now With More

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always baffles me how the "English" at the time of like King Alfred fought the Vikings cause my brain is always like "the Vikings with Ubbe, Ivar, and the other famous ones during that like 200 year period are Danish but weren't the Saxons originally from the same area?"
There’s where the dreaded “white culture” is more important than race. Where the bloodlines were originally from is irrelevant when you consider how different the Christian English culture was from the Pagan Viking culture.

“White culture” of course being as meaningless and vague as “Asian culture.” Palestinians and Mizrahi Jews in Israel are surely closer in ethnicity and culture than most, but somehow it hasn’t stopped contentions. Similar to the history of Irish and English. Religion can cause much greater rifts than ethnicity.

Take it from me as a historian, bud: this shit is complicated almost to the point of nonsense if you don't have sources of information that are based in quality scholarship and effectively communicated. People trying to make broad statements about "European culture" to take ownership of narratives are a blight.

It's awesome to see another historian here. Whats your area of study?

There’s where the dreaded “white culture” is more important than race. Where the bloodlines were originally from is irrelevant when you consider how different the Christian English culture was from the Pagan Viking culture.

“White culture” of course being as meaningless and vague as “Asian culture.” Palestinians and Mizrahi Jews in Israel are surely closer in ethnicity and culture than most, but somehow it hasn’t stopped contentions. Similar to the history of Irish and English. Religion can cause much greater rifts than ethnicity.
It annoys the shit out of me how little my dad cares about his family's history given the region at least his parents were born in are so fucking cool and history rich.

I'm sitting here thinking about it and realized that's always the perception I've had too and can't for the life of me figure out why that is. Is part of it Hollywood and how the super rich mobsters always had cigars or is it something else?

Probably Hollywood depicting rich fucks as cigar smokers. That and most of us not knowing too many in real life.

That post sounded similar to what @Trotsky was saying about how race-mixing can improve overall genetics by lowering depression in whites and heart disease in blacks. I was always taught sickle-cell was more common in black males.

It's awesome to see another historian here. Whats your area of study?
Heck yeah it is.
Native history, specifically Federal Indian Education policy. MA work is focused around 2 particular boarding schools in Oregon. I came up through Indian Ed so it was a very natural path. How about you?

That post sounded similar to what @Trotsky was saying about how race-mixing can improve overall genetics by lowering depression in whites and heart disease in blacks. I was always taught sickle-cell was more common in black males.

Starts there. He articulates the view that the fault line in politics isn't ideological but racial, and that there are biological reasons for it. Explicitly white nationalist stuff. I don't believe you can read through the thread and deny that (and I don't think he'd deny it either--he's defending it rather than saying that it's a misreading).

And combine that with stuff like this:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a...oy-middle-class.3787173/page-5#post-142422115

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...in-one-sentence.3776015/page-8#post-142026209

I would have figured that explicit racism and advocating murdering people for their political beliefs would be where he loses you, but you've disappointed me before with how far you're willing to take tribalism.

BTW, watching the right's descent reminds me of a scene in Lisa's Wedding, where Marge and Homer and watching TV in the future, and Marge says:

You know, Fox turned into a hardcore sex channel so gradually, I didn't even notice.

Applies to the Nazi-ification of the right in America.

Last edited:
Heck yeah it is.
Native history, specifically Federal Indian Education policy. MA work is focused around 2 particular boarding schools in Oregon. I came up through Indian Ed so it was a very natural path. How about you?

That's fucking awesome. If you can send me any interesting articles or book recommendations about that I would appreciate it since I haven't read too much about that aspect in the U.S.

I got my MA in Modern History with a specialty in Latin American History. I research public policies too, but I like focusing on crimes (especially political crimes and how they're defined).

That's fucking awesome. If you can send me any interesting articles or book recommendations about that I would appreciate it since I haven't read too much about that aspect in the U.S.

I got my MA in Modern History with a specialty in Latin American History. I research public policies too, but I like focusing on crimes (especially political crimes and how they're defined).
Oh I definitely can, bruh. I'll hook you up when i'm not mobile pwnt.
Latin American history was always one of my sub-interests, which was probably natural for an Americanist. He's not a modernist, but did you ever read anything by Haskett?

Oh I definitely can, bruh. I'll hook you up when i'm not mobile pwnt.
Latin American history was always one of my sub-interests, which was probably natural for an Americanist. He's not a modernist, but did you ever read anything by Haskett?

Sweet. Thanks for the hook up. If you are interested in Latin American history lmk. I've got some cool books on native land rights in Colombia, Mexico, and Chile. I am not sure. What's his full name and what does he research?

When you're in court and an 18 year old is charged with rape of a child and the victim is 2 months away from turning 16....

Starts there. He articulates the view that the fault line in politics isn't ideological but racial, and that there are biological reasons for it. Explicitly white nationalist stuff. I don't believe you can read through the thread and deny that (and I don't think he'd deny it either--he's defending it rather than saying that it's a misreading).

And combine that with stuff like this:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a...oy-middle-class.3787173/page-5#post-142422115

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...in-one-sentence.3776015/page-8#post-142026209

I would have figured that explicit racism and advocating murdering people for their political beliefs would be where he loses you, but you've disappointed me before with how far you're willing to take tribalism.

That's a long thread and I've read it. I remember thinking he was walking the line in order to make his points. Clearly you inferred more from it than I did. My recollection of his point about racial fault lines was that part of the reason we have racial differences today is the long history of dividing up into groups where both genes and beliefs were shared and developed in different ways from group to group. I'm no anthropologist, and that doesn't sound outlandish to me. It certainly doesn't indicate a belief in genetic superiority of one group over another. I think he would argue cultural superiority and inferiority, but that's a core part of politics. If we didn't think one think one way of doing things was better than another then there wouldn't be arguments over shit like segregation, gay marriage, taxation, the ACA, etc.

You just linked up two posts about intolerance toward communism. That's a belief system, not a race. And guess what. Everyday your money is spent on killing people with undesirable political views. Don't recall you having a history of anti-government violence posts. Pretty sure you applaud the Civil War.

Way to cap your post with a cheap personal swipe. It's that kind of thing that validates @sub_thug's assessment of you. But as for me personally, I see violence as a last resort and would like there to be as many options out there as possible for people of different viewpoints who desire different ways of life. That's why I advocate for the option of secession. Do you? If not, will you advocate violence against any state attempting to get out from under the control of the others?

That's a long thread and I've read it. I remember thinking he was walking the line in order to make his points. Clearly you inferred more from it than I did.

I would say that you're straining to avoid acknowledging my uncontroversial point. Racial groups vote different for biological reasons, thus non-whites have to be blocked or removed from the country. That's the claim, no?

You just linked up two posts about intolerance toward communism.

The first one says that helicopters are a good alternative to shooting liberals on site. A reference to the practice of dropping enemies of Pinochet off of helicopters. I said combine the two points. He's arguing for murdering non-white Americans, right?

That's a belief system, not a race. And guess what. Everyday your money is spent on killing people with undesirable political views. Don't recall you having a history of anti-government violence posts. Pretty sure you applaud the Civil War.

So in your view actively advocating murdering people for political disagreements is no worse than paying taxes or opposing slavery?

Way to cap your post with a cheap personal swipe. It's that kind of thing that validates @sub_thug's assessment of you.

Yes, I'm a horrible monster because I think it's bad to kill people for political disagreements. You're defending a guy who wants to murder me.

But as for me personally, I see violence as a last resort and would like there to be as many options out there as possible for people of different viewpoints who desire different ways of life. That's why I advocate for the option of secession. Do you? If not, will you advocate violence against any state attempting to get out from under the control of the others?

I support your right to leave America, absolutely. In fact, start a Go Fund Me for it, and I'll contribute.

Last edited:
I would say that you're straining to avoid acknowledging my uncontroversial point. Racial groups vote different for biological reasons, thus non-whites have to be blocked or removed from the country. That's the claim, no?

The first one says that helicopters are a good alternative to shooting liberals on site. A reference to the practice of dropping enemies of Pinochet off of helicopters. I said combine the two points. He's arguing for murdering non-white Americans, right?

So in your view actively advocating murdering people for political disagreements is no worse than paying taxes or opposing slavery?

Yes, I'm a horrible monster because I think it's bad to kill people for political disagreements.

I support your right to leave America, absolutely.

Delicious absorption. Keep secreting my beautiful flesh...

Sweet. Thanks for the hook up. If you are interested in Latin American history lmk. I've got some cool books on native land rights in Colombia, Mexico, and Chile. I am not sure. What's his full name and what does he research?
He's a mega OG in Mayan study. I might just hit you up. I actually have sone time to read this summer.

Is that @Greoric's claim? If it is, it wasn't in the specific posts you linked. I sure as Hell ain't digging through a thread with hundreds of posts in order to substantiate your position. Post his quotes that matter.

Those memes don't look to be taken seriously and neither communist nor liberal is a race. Looks to me like you're just conflating and misrepresenting if you think those three posts add up to him believing in removing non-whites from the USA.

After that it appears you didn't want to address my points so I snipped.

Conservative snowflake. lol at defending America.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/roy-moore-vows-defend-america-213024998.html

Moore said he was invited to Washington, D.C., earlier this year to “receive an award for my strong support of Israel in commemoration of her 70th anniversary as a nation.”

Moore said other than expenses, he was not paid for the appearance. He said he “did not know Sacha Cohen or that a Showtime TV series was being planned to embarrass, humiliate, and mock not only Israel, but also religious conservatives such as Sarah Palin, Joe Walsh, and Dick Cheney.”

He then went after Cohen directly.

“I don’t need Sacha Cohen to tell me who America is, but I can tell him that America is a proud Nation which sprang from humble beginnings and a strong belief in God, virtue, and morality,” he said. “As an American, I would never hide my identity and deceive others only to mock and ridicule them as this Showtime Series is designed to do.”

Moore then suggested he might take legal action against Cohen and the Showtime network, while alluding to his other controversial lawsuits against women who have accused him of sexual misconduct.

“I am involved in several court cases presently to defend my honor and character against vicious false political attacks by liberals like Cohen. If Showtime airs a defamatory attack on my character, I may very well be involved in another.”

He then compared the possible legal battle with his stint in the military during the Vietnam War.

“It’s been a long time since I fought for my country in Vietnam. I’m ready to defend her again!” he wrote.

Hmmm. I'd say White Men Can't Jump or Bull Durham. Raging Bull is probably the most acclaimed, and it is damned good. Chariots of Fire has a couple of great moments. I bet I'm overlooking a lot. I prefer the Karate Kid to Rocky. Kingpin also deserves consideration.

Posts like this make me wonder why we ever quarreled.

Karate kid is one of my all time favorites films.

Kingpin is in my top 5 comedies

For the longest time I thought my dad's side of the family was simply Czech and Romanian.
In actuality?....
His mom's side: mixture of gypsy and people that settled the area around Bucharest and worked with Vlad the Impaler during that time period.

His dad's side? Jesus fuck... part is from Hungary, part is from the northern coast of France that moved inland during the Viking age BECAUSE of Viking incursions and another portion didn't show up till Rollo "became" French and moved inland himself.

And that's only based on what Romania and the Czech's could dig up for me given the Soviets fucked up a ton of the records.

It always baffles me how the "English" at the time of like King Alfred fought the Vikings cause my brain is always like "the Vikings with Ubbe, Ivar, and the other famous ones during that like 200 year period are Danish but weren't the Saxons originally from the same area?"

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back