War Room Debate League- Who's Gonna Debate The Wall?!

I want in on any of the hardcore left-wing talking points: BlackLiesMatter, LGBTQFUMFERS, white privilege, etc...

I think white privilege is the better topic because it encompasses BLM.

I don't know who is up for debating the other side with you, but I want to see this.

What are you talking about?

"By.measuring the change in votes you would be measuring who made the better argument."
- How so? How is this true? All it shows is who got more votes. Let's live in the fucking real world and be just a little honest.

Well, no shit. You are not the OP where this whole shit was propose. Why the fuck do I have to read your post.
How about reply and tell me what I should know, then I am going to give the same answer I just gave to Bernie's cuck cage.

You are being obtuse.

"Is healthcare a human right?"

let me at em
This one should definitely be one of the early debates, and may end up getting done more than once. It needs to be be proposed more narrowly.

Personally, I don't really see it. Where can it go? I know there's a long history of these arguments, and a lot of brilliant people have taken a shot at it, but it mostly seems like word games hiding logical fallacies or break down into the subjective.

I prefer the God debate because it tends to be more conceptual analysis as opposed the bags of shitty evidence that usually get compared in outright political debates. Though my specific comment was more directed at the face-off between two debaters I enjoy reading.

It's a different style of argument, but the skills required to piece together the God argument and articulate it cogently are transferable to other, more empirical arguments. When someone sucks at arguing about God I usually assume they're going to suck at arguing about most things.

If nothing else we'll get some points of disagreement down to the nitty-gritty details that we can refer back to in later threads (assuming there's going to be some kind of archive of the best debates).

After all, as I think @Thurisaz mentioned, the other popular arguments in the philosophy of religion (about where morality comes from and such things), can largely be reduced to whether a belief in God is rational or not.

In other news, I thought I saw @meauneau say in another thread that he doesn't think science gets us closer to the truth, I wonder if he'd defend that argument in a full-fledged debate.

I find the lack of faith in the ability of the judges to objectively score the debates incredibly amusing so far. It doesn't surprise me at all that so many around here want to pretend that criteria for good writing and argumentation don't exist, or that they're somehow imperceptible because of the all-consuming shroud of "bias".

Last edited:
I'd rather you see debate this than judge it.

Let the kids have their fun. Maybe you and I can take up some sort of sequel afterward.

Oh! I'd also like to see @Forkfoot debate feminism and someone debate vegetarianism/veganism from some political angle, maybe @AgentSmecker. And we might need to have a libertarianism bracket or round-robin or something.

Last edited:
Debate Topic: Trump, Lizard or Nephilim?

It's a different style of argument, but the skills required to piece together the God argument and articulate it cogently are transferable to other, more empirical arguments. When someone sucks at arguing about God I usually assume they're going to suck at arguing about most things.
Such a strange thing to say, when arguments for God require absolutely embarrassing presupposition. All wiggling that follows is under a cloud of shame.

Such a strange thing to say, when arguments for God require absolutely embarrassing presupposition. All wiggling that follows is under a cloud of shame.

Not always, in my experience (embarrassing being relative, of course). But my comment includes those arguing against the existence of God as well, which requires some tricky maneuvering of its own.

pointless
the libs are gonna vote libs coz cucks of a feather flock together
and the conservatives are going to vote for each other because we are right
Those aren't the only people that exist. Most people don't even vote. Get out of your bubble, the world is out there.

Not always, in my experience. But of course my comment includes those arguing against the existence of God as well, which requires some tricky maneuvering of its own.
I'll be tickled if I ever read a plausible model for a god (that I haven't written). Just plausible, not even probable. Until then it's always going to be a handicapped match, no matter how skillfully the apologist wiggles.

I'll be tickled if I ever read a plausible model for a god (that I haven't written). Just plausible, not even probable. Until then it's always going to be a handicapped match, no matter how skillfully the apologist wiggles.

Well then I look forward to judging your supposed victory lol.

Back