WAR PLATINUM MIKE PERRY

@Myrddin Wild and @Karnage let's take away all the hype for a second, what are your guys' thoughts on a realistic path to the title for Mike Perry?

Assuming he beats Ponzi and faces Till, then what?

I could get behind a title shot for Till or Perry so long as one of them gets starched. If it's not a particularly impressive victory another top 10 fight should be enough for a title shot imo.
Suppose Perry wins against Ponz and Till-Perry gets booked. If the winner doesn't get a TS immediately, he might face Wonderboy in a title eliminator. They won't book Woodley-WB 3 right away I guess. So that might be one way.

Another way it might play out is that they book Till-WB without waiting for the Perry-Ponz winner. Or WB goes up to MW. Or Woodley fights GSP.

All I know is that we can't trust Dana.

Suppose Perry wins against Ponz and Till-Perry gets booked. If the winner doesn't get a TS immediately, he might face Wonderboy in a title eliminator. They won't book Woodley-WB 3 right away I guess. So that might be one way.

Another way it might play out is that they book Till-WB without waiting for the Perry-Ponz winner. Or WB goes up to MW. Or Woodley fights GSP.

All I know is that we can't trust Dana.
Would be a damn shame for either guy to lose a boring UD to Thompson, but that's also jumping a bit far ahead.

Hopefully GSP's plans are revealed soon too, if he's not coming back I think the UFC could definitely get away with booking Perry-Till for a title shot sooner rather than later if GSP is out of the picture.

What's the consensus for the next WW title shot anyways, Lawler vs. RDA?

Would be a damn shame for either guy to lose a boring UD to Thompson, but that's also jumping a bit far ahead.

Hopefully GSP's plans are revealed soon too, if he's not coming back I think the UFC could definitely get away with booking Perry-Till for a title shot sooner rather than later if GSP is out of the picture.

It should be Lawler vs RDA. Although I doubt they don‘t make Woodley-GSP if they get the chance.

The WW division is an insane shark tank. I used to be a huge fan of the MW division, but WW is just crazily stacked with old and young talent.

@Myrddin Wild and @Karnage let's take away all the hype for a second, what are your guys' thoughts on a realistic path to the title for Mike Perry?

Assuming he beats Ponzi and faces Till, then what?

I could get behind a title shot for Till or Perry so long as one of them gets starched. If it's not a particularly impressive victory another top 10 fight should be enough for a title shot imo.
Good Morning~

Pokesy & then Till would work... but I wouldn't mind one more in there. Also, consider that this is only Lawler's 2nd fight since losing to T.Wood... so while it's possible that he could get a shot after beating RDA... I like the idea of him getting at least one or two more.

So for Mr. Plat.... lets go Pokesy, Till, Lawler, T.Wood.

I'm in no hurry to rush Plat into a title shot personally. On one side of it is that it's a bird in the hand & take it if it's offered. On the other, he gets more & more dangerous & has been showing improvement in every UFC fight so far... especially that big transition to being more technical just before the Jouban loss. So the longer he waits, the better his chances of winning the belt, imo.

By the way, the resistance calls it BS that Plat was going through a Major transition during that Jouban fight... but that's the reason he lost. He went too technical... but then he found a better mix in his next 2 fights.

It's totally obvious if you just spend a bit of time to watch tape. All one has to do is watch that & his fight before & after it to know that it's true. It also came out of Plat's mouth before the Jouban fight that he was making a transition to being more technical because he realized he couldn't make it to the top while getting hit so much.

So I don't mind letting it all continue to work out, but at the same time... he does seem to have a nice blend of brawler vs. technical going on all ready... so I'm fine with a quick shot as well.

Last edited:
Please put your money where your mouth is and close this line for me some more. I'll agree to put 4k on Ponz straight up if you put 300 on Perry. We can trade bet slips. Let me know.
Aahaha betting 4k on mma hahahahah

"In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can." - Platinum Mike Perry

Any of the nation attending Saturday? I would but it’s my birthday. And I have 2 DUI’s. Hey oooooooooooooooo.

i want him to win and then fight darren till. like seriously got a boner when they jawed at each other after till's fight against cowboy.

Fighters like Platinum are why I watch mma. Hoping to be a fan of both after the fight.

You are, man. A Platinum prophet. Spread the word of the GOAT!

Can’t add you to the big chat because of the member limit they introduced recently.

Can’t make a new chat either because of that.

I‘ll hook you up when that changes.
There's a membership fee now bro.
If the fee is watching pokezibibio get ktfo on saturday on Fox then I'll be paid in full this weekend

His best weapon:

Gunnar-Nelson-Eye-gouge.png

I hope the ref does his job on Dec 16.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/...loss-to-santiago-ponzinibbio-due-to-eye-pokes

Gunnar's team expected that the comisson overturns the loss.
Ponz "beat" Nelson by first blinding him, making Nelson unable to defend the incoming KO shots.

I've never wished ill will on a fighter before, but I hope Perry hurts him real bad.

Win or lose Mike Perry is the most entertaining fighter on the roster today

I would even call him The renaissance man over Paul Felder ( somebody needs to shoop that movie cover)

FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM FIGHT WEEK

Back