War Path: 285-lb Rumble Calls Out Timid Jon Jones for HW Initiation

Rumble vs. Jones at HW

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Despite his sudden and somewhat surprising retirement from mixed martial arts (MMA), it appears fight fans have not seen the last of former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight title contender, Anthony Johnson.

Well, so long as Jon Jones is around.

That’s according to manager Ali Abdelaziz, who is convinced “Rumble” and his newfound affinity for bodybuilding will make his Octagon comeback in a heavyweight showdown opposite Jones at some point in 2019 (or beyond).

“Anthony Johnson is 285 pounds right now, he wants to come back as a heavyweight,” Abdelaziz told ESPN’s Ariel Helwani. “He misses the sport and says he will come back to fight someone like Jon Jones. He’s resting his body. He’s having fun. He will fight again for sure, 100 percent.”

. . .

A hasty move up to middleweight yielded little fruit, so the former World Series of Fighting (WSOF) slugger kept heading north.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/11/6/...-wants-ufc-heavyweight-comeback-jon-jones-mma

Next stop, 265 pounds? Prob require yet another massive weight cut!

I always thought Rumble would starch Jones

Jones made friends with him to try and prevent it

If Jones was too scared to fight anyone at HW, hell will freeze over before he fights Rumble at HW!

Oh god yes please!

Rumble blasting jones head into the nose bleed seats would be a real treat.

If Jones was too scared to fight anyone at HW, hell will freeze over before he fights Rumble at HW!
Lmao
People will clamor to anyone in the desperate hope they can beat Jones

Jones just knocked out the heavyweight champ, who easily beat Rumble

Juicehead would probably be even MORE 'enhanced' than Rumble is right now for that one.

I always thought Rumble would starch Jones

Jones made friends with him to try and prevent it
"I always thought Rumble would starch Jones"

This an embarrassingly fucking retarded statement

Sorry to be so harsh, but that's the PED GOAT bro, you really think Anthony fucking Johnson would beat him? He headkick ko'd DC bro, don't let your hate for Jones blind you.

"I always thought Rumble would starch Jones"

This an embarrassingly fucking retarded statement

Sorry to be so harsh, but that's the PED GOAT bro, you really think Anthony fucking Johnson would beat him? He headkick ko'd DC bro, don't let your hate for Jones blind you.
AJ is a legit problem for Jones. Jones got touched up by Gustaf's boxing, and while he fared well against Texeira, Rumble is the most powerful guy he will ever have fought

Rumble just wants it to be fair when him and Jones fight, that's why Rumble started his own cycle months ago.

yes remove weight limit for rumble. LETS GO PRIDE. ufc is a joke.

I wonder how Jones would do against someone with almost as much Anabolic Steroids in their system as he's always fought with.

Probably wouldn't do very well at all.

yes remove weight limit for rumble. LETS GO PRIDE. ufc is a joke.

No need to remove the weight limit. AJ can cut 20 pounds to make 265 ... if anyone can cut weight, it's Anthony Johnson.

Jon is a bum but Rumble would gas in 20 seconds if he fought at even close to the weight he’s at now.

Jon would just take him down and submit him.

Jones would have to avoid the initial first round onslaught and then he would absolutely dominnnnaaatttte RUmble on the ground and submit him with ease.

I wonder how Jones would do against someone with almost as much Anabolic Steroids in their system as he's always fought with.

Probably wouldn't do very well at all.

yea right dude, rumble is juiced like lesnar rn but scarier

Great news.

I hope he comes back man

Lmao
People will clamor to anyone in the desperate hope they can beat Jones

Jones just knocked out the heavyweight champ, who easily beat Rumble

And Rumble starched Gus, who arguably beat Jones.

Back