War Machine and how he could have prevented getting a life sentence.

I have more respect for guys like wr who do bad things n own up to it, then guys who pretend to be sorry just for a lighter sentence

I have more respect for guys like wr who do bad things n own up to it, then guys who pretend to be sorry just for a lighter sentence
Except he didn't own up to it.

The simple fact it went to trial meant he didn't own up to it.

Except he didn't own up to it.

The simple fact it went to trial meant he didn't own up to it.

Maybe “own up” wasn’t a good word

I have more respect for a guy who’s honest n doesn’t pretend he’s sorry, than a guy who says he’s sorry just to get lighter sentence

Meh. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy imo. Fuck em

Maybe “own up” wasn’t a good word

I have more respect for a guy who’s honest n doesn’t pretend he’s sorry, than a guy who says he’s sorry just to get lighter sentence
I've seen a judge jump bail from the recommended $15,000 between the State and defense to $25k cause the defendant was laughing during the reading of PC (assault 1 with a DV tag and assault 2 strangulation charges).

Reason for lifting bail? "Your attitude dictates to me how likely I am to think you will take these seriously. You laughing at reading of PC where you are accused to have almost strangled someone to death and tried stabbing the person later indicates you aren't taking this serious"

Had WM not been such a flippant douchebag in court the sentence probably wouldn't have been as harsh.

He nearly beat Christy Mack to death.

Proof:

lvwarmachine8n-3-web.jpg

Damn, he kicked the shit out of her.

Looks like Marquardt's leg after fighting Tarec..

People seem to forget he did jail time for felony assault years prior to beating Mack. Then he went fugitive and ran from the law.

As for the assault, he cut her with a knife and the only reason she managed to escape further harm was that he went looking for a sharper knife (that IIRC he wanted to use to "rape" her with).

People ITT want to say "no permanent damage" but not only is there a TON of permanent damage emotionally, but he was going to do much more than he did.

Anyone that thinks he got a harsh sentence needs to picture their mother/wife/gf/daughter in Mack's place and THEN decide if he got too harsh a punishment.

If it was up to me he'd have gotten the death penalty. There's no re-rehabilitating him and why should I and other tax payers have to pay to house and feed him? Either we need to start utilizing the death penalty a lot more, or prisoners need to be put to work to pay for the costs they generate. Maybe we need to bring back the chain-gangs, hard labor, and make prison truly something people will avoid.

I agree. He's a psychopath. I don't like the death penalty for something like this, but I would not like to see him out of prison ever. If they let him out in 36 years, if C Mack is still alive, I'd bet even money he finds her and kills her.

He had no chance. Neck tattoos, mma fighter, calls himself War machine, attractive female victim, white knight cucked feminist judges, yeah.

He's right where he belongs.
This. Guy is clearly not trust worthy enough to be in public with his volcano like emotional responses. And has the commited violent crime to back the claim. The end result of the beating he laid on her definitely felt like he was trying to inflict as much pain and fear as he could. And if that's how your mind works then sorry you do not belong in free society.

War Machine was his own worst enemy... beginning with his name change. He did have the opportunity to be a success but repeatedly could not control his rage. He is now professing he has found religion and is 'happy' with his sentence.... which I highly doubt. There will be further chapters to this story likely with more violence by WM... the prisons are not places to heal but are rather places filled with harsh realities and lots of unhappy people.

really tragic case
It's a common coping mechanism for those who face lengthy sentences. They can't change the outcome, so they negotiate a kind of acceptance of their day in, day out predicament. Otherwise, there's no reason to stay alive. It's a stages of mourning type thing.

The jail house convert mentality is also common. When your options are few, you'll start finding reasons to fall in love with anyone who might care. You see this in people in rehab. Their self confidence is in the shitter, and they don't feel worthy of love, so they start chasing any kind of love.

Of course, WarMachine is the type that the minute he got out of prison, he would shed his prison skin, and go back to terrorizing the public.

I remember a thread years ago titled “Was Machida Better Than Anderson Silva?” and everyone, including me, thought it said “War Machine Better Than Anderson Silva?”

Honestly I feel like the bitch probably set him up wasn't she texting I love u too him while in bed with that dude so just shows she playing games no wonder war machine exploded still not right to do tho but damn

at least in America you pay for your crimes with time, in Canada its a joke.
For example a native women in my city drunk drove killed a family of 4. she was wasted
3 times legal limit.

got 10 years, served 3 months and was released to a healing lodge to smoke up every day.

in America she'd prolly get 4 life terms!

to top it all off the government is going after the bars that served her!
what a mess
America is full of the same stories, and you don't always pay for your crimes. You pay someone to help you avoid prison, and those odds increase, or decrease with the cost of your attorney.

Many prominent figures never paid for their crimes, and many of them harmed a greater number of people.

Back