1. Next UFC Strawweight title challenger, Jessica Andrade joins us TODAY(April 28th) for a LIVE Q&A at 12:00 PM EST! Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

War Drums Start Beating on Iran?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Orgasmo, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Orgasmo Black Belt

Orgasmo
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39649683

Are neocons in Washington trying to get back to their original game plan that got derailed by unexpected high cost in Iraq?

2. Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom

Anung Un Rama
    It's such a dishonest and hypocritical comparison it's impossible to take seriously. The MSM will run with it though.

1. Iran is a self sufficient country. They have resources. They also have no desire to project force like a brat who hasn't taken its court ordered meds.

2. The ME is their region.... we are the invaders who have killers over a million innocent people, knocked the region off its axis, and have blatantly and unapologetically targeted and threatened Iran with war since 2001. Meanwhile Iran hasn't started a war in 200 years.

deviake, Werdun, Fanu and 17 others like this.
  3. Falsedawn build or destroy

Falsedawn
    Ah, NK, so is Iran gonna go nuclear?

That's curious.

https://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2017/04/270315.htm

"This letter certifies that the conditions of Section 135(d)(6) of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (AEA), as amended, including as amended by the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015 (Public Law 114-17), enacted May 22, 2015, are met as of April 18, 2017."

4. Boost6 Yellow Card

Boost6
    US will fall hard if they enter Iran.

That will be one hell of a grave.

5. o'dubhlaoich Red Belt

o'dubhlaoich
    Huh? Really? Iran?

6. mr.bigglesworth Yellow Card

mr.bigglesworth
    Has everybody forgotten the Shah? I'm surprised we're going on 70 years without a war against Iran. Somethings gotta give with this constant Iran/Israel tension.

Thing is, Iran aren't a ragtag group of haji bitches. I mean they absolutely won't win but they sure as hell won't lose either.

What's hilarious when reading Tillersons dogshit quote is that literally every bad thing he says about Iran is factually applied to Saudi Arabia.

Juventud, KantoTerror, jk7707 and 9 others like this.
  7. Luger I got penetrated by a 9 inch Johnson

Luger
    Israel has been trying to stir some shit up for a while.
    I would not be surprised if the USA would follow their lies.
    Is normal.

8. 2DUM2TAP Red Belt

2DUM2TAP
    On top of a Mountain punch dancing my rage away
    That is one of the most amazing displays of American hubris I have ever seen.... I think Iran's interests in the region "Trump" the American ones considering they actually live there.

deviake, Werdun, Fanu and 8 others like this.
  9. lfd0311 Gold Belt

lfd0311
    Wesley Clark is a bitter, crazy old man who started talking like this shortly after nobody cared that he ran for President. He's still lashing out like a spoiled child all this time later.

MadSquabbles500 likes this.
  10. lfd0311 Gold Belt

lfd0311
    ROFL

11. AGGAMEMNON66 -----------Villain-----------

AGGAMEMNON66

Yeah, Iraq tried to say the same shit back in the 90's. We ended up needing like, a week and 10,000 troops to beat them.

Conventional war? Nah, no one in the world wants that with the US. Not right now anyways.

99escobar likes this.
  12. Z28LS1L98 Orange Belt

Z28LS1L98
    I can hear the drums beating. Nvm its just Jumanji playing on tv

Undying Poster likes this.
  13. Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom

Anung Un Rama
    And yet...

14. Concrete Whale Double Yellow Card

Concrete Whale
    Lol @ Neocons thinking they can bully Iran and North Korea with Russian/Chinese backup the way they have been getting away with things against isolated low-end Third World countries.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MadSquabbles500 likes this.
  15. Fawlty Silver Belt

Fawlty
    I'm not hearing the Iran drum beat. We've continued existing policy, which is looking at terrorism sponsorship and the nuke agreement. Iran is holding their end of the nuke agreement, though they are pushing it a bit with missile systems. They're clearly sponsoring terrorism. Our approach here is sanctions and frequent reevaluation. Good. I'm happy with where Trump admin is on Iran. No war drums, but not taking any shit from them. I don't see how this is a problem- we cannot afford (the world cannot afford) to take eyes off Iran.

Strychnine likes this.
  16. lfd0311 Gold Belt

lfd0311
    Nothing he said was profound. People are treating it like it was. Prior to the invasion of Iraq it was pretty apparent we would be going after North Korea and Iran once we were done in Iraq. Do you remember the "Axis of Evil" talking points? That wasn't idle chatter. We just never expected to get bogged down in Iraq. And of course the reason we've been so focused on the ME is oil. Is there anyone who heard that and was blown away?

17. lfd0311 Gold Belt

lfd0311
    Yeah dude. We're so intimidated by Russia that our Liberals were trying to start a war with them....

18. Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom

Anung Un Rama
    And Libya, Syria, and Somalia?

Gas121 and Luger like this.
  19. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    USA cant attack Iran. Would turn into a Shia versus Sunni war across the entire Middle East region at best. Worst case is that it unites the Shia and Sunnis.

Irans reach in the Middle East is by design to counter any USA military aggression towards it.

Luger likes this.
  20. lfd0311 Gold Belt

lfd0311
    We very nearly went to war with Syria when we invaded Iraq. People seem to forget that. There were Syrian military units fighting around Baghdad. We warned the Syrian Government to get them out immediately or there would be war between us and Syria. Had we wanted to go to war with Syria, we'd have done it right then and there. As for the other two, are there always plans being made up to invade other countries in the event we need them? Yes. Becuause that's what proffesional military officers do. They come up with a plan for things when we don't need it, so that in the event we do need it, we don't suddenly have to come up with the plan. Libya had been a throne in our side for years, and Somalia was seen as a national embarrassment by the old school conservatives that made up the Bush administration. So I absolutely believe that plans were made up for the invasions of those countries. But there was no way any actual compotent General or High ranking politician thought for a second that we could invade and topple 7 countries, to include the likes of Iran and North Korea, in 5 years.