Want To Know What A $2500 Glock Looks Like?

Tama

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Salient Arms International Tier 1 Glock. So they're finally customizing Glocks the same way they customize 1911s. The price is shocking, but so is the performance and reliability of the pistol.

No thanks lol, I'm perfectly fine with my stock Glock 17.

Hideous. I don't have a problem with the price as most will. If you can afford it then go for it. I'll be buying a Dan Wesson Valor as a Christmas present to myself and while that is still $1k less than the Glock in the video I'm sure plenty of people would call me an idiot. That said at least the higher end 1911s actually look good. This thing is just ugly:icon_chee

Never understood why you would take a sub $500 gun and then dump 2 grand in it. Maybe if you shoot competitively for a living.

Its a competition pistol. Nice for people prefer semi auto. I would NEVER pay that for a pistol though

I'll admit, the trigger and the perfect fitting breech made me question the quality of my G17 (can't believe I never noticed that before). The only bone I really have to pick with this pistol are the sights. The rear sights aren't even painted! You'd think for $2500 you'd at least have night sights.

Although I do like the contrasting gold look and the cut outs In the slide, I personally think Glocks are ugly in general. Now give me a custom HK or Sig, and I'm willing to negotiate.

I'll admit, the trigger and the perfect fitting breech made me question the quality of my G17 (can't believe I never noticed that before). The only bone I really have to pick with this pistol are the sights. The rear sights aren't even painted! You'd think for $2500 you'd at least have night sights.

Although I do like the contrasting gold look and the cut outs In the slide, I personally think Glocks are ugly in general. Now give me a custom HK or Sig, and I'm willing to negotiate.

Not having night sights doesn't mean they aren't quality sights. I have several guns that have all black Warren tactical sights on them and I really like them.

post-2955-0-28972500-1388629262.jpg

t6en.jpg

a1773221c124bcf77f09f7fbe740a69b.jpg

tumblr_mrwr5vZ9ca1rv2gk5o1_500.jpg

148984_604671116229224_144104356_n.jpg

ff1cef59a5bf01ae5a1de88341ab7442.jpg

I don't do competitions so my 8 glocks stay stock except for sights.

On the subject of sights, I actually prefer non night sight sights. I like plain steel sights.

I'm like that too, although I do replace the triggers on my compacts and sub-compacts with the smooth trigger.

For sights I like a front night sight and a rear white dot sight on my carry gun.

I don't do competitions so my 8 glocks stay stock except for sights.

On the subject of sights, I actually prefer non night sight sights. I like plain steel sights.

I'll admit, the trigger and the perfect fitting breech made me question the quality of my G17 (can't believe I never noticed that before).

Don't question the quality of your G17, due to the breech fit and trigger....

The original Glock was designed as a military sidearm, being able to withstand all kinds of abuse, which it does. The loose fitting tolerances contribute to that reliability. Dropping in a barrel, that results in a tighter fit, will probably lead to malfunctions. Sure, it leads to slightly better "accuracy", but the gun was intended to go through battle where center mass is all that's needed and keep trucking on, not a competition gun.

Sure, the Glock pistol doesn't have a 1911 trigger, but most polymer pistols don't anyway, and you can always customize it to your fitting. I don't mind the stock trigger at all, for the range or concealed carry.

Side note: I can see those large windows cut into the slide will only result in faster slide wear. It's not a Beretta 92FS, it's Glock lol.

I've done both IDPA and 3 Gun with my stock class Glock 19 (3rd gen). Hundreds of competition rounds as well as hundreds of static fire and drill rounds spent without so much as a single Type 2 to show for it.

Why would I spend another $2K? I could just get a G34 and have the trigger modified if I wanted a Glock for Limited class USPSA. And I'm obviously not going to build off a Glock for open class. So...what's the point?

Back