Want PED's out of the sport? Give cheaters the Lance Armstrong treatment

"Using PEDs to fight against a clean opponent is essentially bringing a weapon to a fist fight"

Are you completely out of your mind? I can bet my house on it that at least half of Daniel Cormier oponnents were on PEDs during their fight and he won anyway. If you hit someone clean on the chin and you weight like 200 pounds there is no fucking way PEDs will make him invincible to being knocked out.

Also statement that PEDs will give your oponnent brain damage is retarded. Did anyone measured how much PEDs affect power of punches? They did not.

<CroCop1><{Joewithit}><{cruzshake}>

If you are good enough you will win anyway. Also you can hide most of ped use so it doesnt really matter. We live in chemical world and there is no way to change it.

Only way to cut down on cheating is to offer money for snitching

He got a reduced sentence because he provided/agreed to provide doping information on other athletes and or suppliers. That doesn’t mean he’s innocent.
That's only part of why he got a reduction

"The independent arbitrator found that Jon Jones was not intentionally cheating in this case, and while we thought 18 months was the appropriate sanction given the other circumstances of the case, we respect the arbitrator's decision and believe that justice was served,"

Innocent

04_289_225303978827781971491585262.7141-1024x538.jpg

That is cheating, but I don’t know if I’d classify it in the same category as drugs.

Drug testing was being targeted directly and deliberately by USADA and the UFC because of a huge problem in the sport. I think the towel trick, although it is cheating, is on the same level as a fighter throwing a rabbit punch, or anything else that has not been practiced. It is more akin to taking advantage of a specific circumstance, but has not been a long planned, or well thought out.

I know Jones’ fans will claim “cheating is cheating” in order to lump both fighters conveniently into the same category, but I don’t think it’s of the same caliber.

"The independent arbitrator found that Jon Jones was not intentionally cheating in this case, and while we thought 18 months was the appropriate sanction given the other circumstances of the case, we respect the arbitrator's decision and believe that justice was served,"

Innocent

Lip Service to save face. Like I said you took the conclusion at face value.

No one else has ever been given the benefit of the doubt when they were unable to provide a tainted supplement.

Let me ask you a question; On what grounds did the independent arbitrator conclude that Jones did not intentionally cheat?

Innocent
Ignorance is not innocence. For that matter, why does Jones keep mistakenly taking shit?

No one else has ever been given the benefit of the doubt when they were unable to provide a tainted supplement.
Because Jones's circumstances are unique
Passed random, failed scheduled w/ trace amounts, passed another random...Leading them to believe something was ingested accidentally
why does Jones keep mistakenly taking shit?
Because he's a wild boy that likes to party

True. Cycling is 100% clean now thanks to "the Lance Armstrong treatment" of one Lance Armstrong. It was also very fair since nobody else cheated Lance competed against. Just like in MMA where only a few bad apples use PED's and most at the top are clean.
Good thread

Completely agree. If you get caught while being on roidz, the entirety of your UFC record before the failed test gets wiped. This will make the actually skilled scumbags think twice before they stick needles in their ass.

And how exactly will that accomplish anything? What does the fighter's record really matter? It doesn't affect their pay.

The Tour de France banned Armstrong for life. The only true threat a sanctioning body can have in MMA is pay and banning.

This whole "wipe out their UFC record!" is a joke.

Hit them where it hurts, stiffer fines and longer bans (or permanent).

I absolutely RESPECTED DC.... Until this Cheating Tactic...

When I saw I immediately went to my bathroom stood on the scales and then rested my hands on the sink

MUTHERFUKR..... 5 LB GONE... you can actually regulate How Much You want to Lose. He had to be careful enought to just enough and NOT 5.lb.

Shameful

Needless to say The Glow of DC. Left... But... I ,like an idiot, Let it slide in my mind as " Well ,,,he isn't PED'ing or EYEfuknPoking..

Now ....................FUK-EM...HE IS ALSO A TACTICAL EYEPOKER ALA SCUMSUCKER JJONES...

Stipe deserves an immediate rematch....Stipe,,imo was winning UNTIL being massively eyepoked(DC buries his finger up to the 2nd digit and even injured his finger.)

Fuk the UFC

God Bless The Honest Fighters... YOU GUYS ARE FIGHTING AGAINST ODDS STAKED AGAINST YOU BY THE UFC...

Calm down Tony Ferguson.

And how exactly will that accomplish anything? What does the fighter's record really matter? It doesn't affect their pay.

The Tour de France banned Armstrong for life. The only true threat a sanctioning body can have in MMA is pay and banning.

This whole "wipe out their UFC record!" is a joke.

Hit them where it hurts, stiffer fines and longer bans (or permanent).
Well, my reasoning is that wiping a fighter's record would really hurt those who actually care about their legacy. Imagine Anderson "The Steroid Spider" Silva's UFC record getting wiped, I'm pretty sure he would be upset about that. I'm not saying that should be the only punishment, I'm saying it would be an effective form of punishment combined with whatever else they usually do: stuff like suspensions and so on.

Anyone who wants PEDs out of the sport is stupid.

This is Cagefighting, you dimwits on here need to stop acting as if you really “care” about these guys as human beings or whatever n saying “NO PEDS ALLOWED, IT CAN SERIOUSLY HURT SOMEONE!”

PED usage has never led to anyone being killed in MMA and it’s only led to stronger, faster, better fighters, who recover quicker.

You guys think its amazing when someone fights 2-3x in a year. Back in the PED days, guys would fight 4-6 times in a year. Why would you want to see your favorite fighters, fight less? Or get injured more frequently?

PED usage should be allowed. I’m watching two people bash their brains in for my entertainment. I’d prefer it if they all had 6 packs too.

Well, my reasoning is that wiping a fighter's record would really hurt those who actually care about their legacy. Imagine Anderson "The Steroid Spider" Silva's UFC record getting wiped, I'm pretty sure he would be upset about that. I'm not saying that should be the only punishment, I'm saying it would be an effective form of punishment combined with whatever else they usually do: stuff like suspensions and so on.

Anderson Silva cares about his legacy? He lied in public about taking a "tainted sex enhancement drug". Lol, what does that say about his legacy.

This is pretending ufc is all of mma

That is cheating, but I don’t know if I’d classify it in the same category as drugs.

Drug testing was being targeted directly and deliberately by USADA and the UFC because of a huge problem in the sport. I think the towel trick, although it is cheating, is on the same level as a fighter throwing a rabbit punch, or anything else that has not been practiced. It is more akin to taking advantage of a specific circumstance, but has not been a long planned, or well thought out.

I know Jones’ fans will claim “cheating is cheating” in order to lump both fighters conveniently into the same category, but I don’t think it’s of the same caliber.

Different morality applied for cheating

Lol
Sherdog

yes because it has really cleaned up cycling drug use.

oh dear

You already lost me at the title. Do you really think the “Lance Armstrong treatment” has cleaned up the sport of cycling? It’s the most PED ridden sport of all time.

I wish they would just legalize PEDs accross the board, since it seems like all athletes, with very few exceptions, want to use them. I’ll never understand why the fans are so adamant about banning PEDs in spite of the athletes. If PEDs were legal across the board it would no longer be cheating and it would save us all a lot of headaches.

Back