Wandy, Fedor or Minotauro, who had the greatest legacy in Pride?

I strongly disagree. It may have been that way for those that thought UFC was MMA in it's entirety, but not for fans of the sport who actually followed the sport & not just a promotion. I thought the defeats of Sylvia & Arlovski was just UFC fans' introduction to Fedor....finally seeing the whether or not the legend was real. But the legend was already in existence. Do you remember how they promoted Fedor for those fights? They were the ones who started the GOAT talks more publicly & used the term "Baddest Man on the Planet" repeatedly. Only time I ever heard it used more was during Mike Tyson's reign. All of the accolades stemmed from his stint in PRIDE. You can't promote someone as "one of the greatest" for beating 2 guys that you're currently promoting him to fight (meaning they hadn't fought yet). So if beating Tim & Arlovski is "Part of what made Fedor one of the greatest," then why was Affliction promoting Fedor as The Greatest Fighter of All-Time beforehand?

He was the undefeated heavyweight champion of Pride, the number one MMA organisation of the world. Of course they were going to praise him. He deserved it rightfully so to be promoted as such. I'm trying to look at the bigger picture in terms of name value that Fedor has when you compare it to Nogueira and Wanderlei.

And while Wandy fought in another weightclass, he like Noguira seem to have fought more opponents with name value than Fedor did in his Pride run.

Sakuraba exposed the Gracie Myth in MMA which was huge at the time.

Sakuraba propelled PRIDE in to the golden age of MMA.

Sakuraba proved his p4p legacy (no one is even close).

No one can compare.

Everyone else came later on what he built.

Wand raped him... THRICE :D their first fight was in 2001, the Gracie killing streak was in 2000, so you can't say he wasn't in his prime or washed up or whatever

1.fedor
2.minotauro
3.cro cop
4.wanderlei
5.shogun
6.rampage

this is the alpha male order of PRIDE history.

Out of those 3;

Fedor
*Cro Cop (he should be here)
Wanderlei
Nogueira

As others have said, Sakuraba, Shogun, and Gomi are right in the mix as well.

1: Fedor
2: Wandy
3: Sakuraba
4: Big Nog
5: Cro Cop
6: Gomi
7: Shogun
0: IGOR FUCKING VOVCHANCHYN

Out of those 3;

Fedor
*Cro Cop (he should be here)
Wanderlei
Nogueira

As others have said, Sakuraba, Shogun, and Gomi are right in the mix as well.

I like that... def have to put cro cop in there

I dont discredit him. he's top 5 of all time

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and all, but you and Auz are the 2 biggest Fedor haters/discrediters on this entire forum.

How can anyone put Nog above Fedor?

LOL

Well if we're counting just Pride, and NOTHING BEFORE OR AFTER IT. To be fair that was the question, Nog had over 20 fights in Pride, Fedor had just 15. That might be part of it. The legacy runs deep for both really. Two all time greats at HW.

Fedor because of his undefeated streak
Wand for his MW (205lb) domination and amazing fights
Nog for his HW run second only to Fedor
Shogun for his MW run and looking like Wand's successor

Well if we're counting just Pride, and NOTHING BEFORE OR AFTER IT. To be fair that was the question, Nog had over 20 fights in Pride, Fedor had just 15. That might be part of it. The legacy runs deep for both really. Two all time greats at HW.

he had more pride fights but fedor destroyed him in his prime and took his title!

no way could you say nog>fedor

but still Fedor raped him twice when they were both in their prime, even if he had only these two fights in Pride that still makes him unarguably the better of the two...

then who cares about the number of fights, legacy doesnt mean having the biggest number of fights or akira shoji and saku make the top 3, and Heath herring is pretty close...

To me Legacy is based on the impact you had on the sport and in the organisation, and fedor is second to none, noone had that same aura of invicibility that he had, Wanderlei had big troubles against arona, hunt and cro cop, it was obvious the torch was passing to SHogun, while fedor seemed to never flinch, he was as dominant when he entered pride than when he left, Wandy on another hand was going downhill since 2005

he had more pride fights but fedor destroyed him in his prime and took his title!

no way could you say nog>fedor

I didn't say Nog was, was just answering the previous poster as to how someone might come to that conclusion. Personally I don't put to much value in this #1 HW of all time #2 HW of all time business, because they're both amazing fighters and BOTH are legends. End of story. And without Nogueira you wouldn't have Fedor's great legacy. If Nogueira wasn't the fighter he is/was, Fedor wouldn't be so great in retrospect. Takes two to tango.

but still Fedor raped him twice when they were both in their prime, even if he had only these two fights in Pride that still makes him unarguably the better of the two...

then who cares about the number of fights, legacy doesnt mean having the biggest number of fights or akira shoji and saku make the top 3, and Heath herring is pretty close...

To me Legacy is based on the impact you had on the sport and in the organisation, and fedor is second to none, noone had that same aura of invicibility that he had, Wanderlei had big troubles against arona, hunt and cro cop, it was obvious the torch was passing to SHogun, while fedor seemed to never flinch, he was as dominant when he entered pride than when he left, Wandy on another hand was going downhill since 2005

I didn't say Nogueira was better than Fedor, refer to previous post.

And Wanderlei's 27 > Fedor's 15 imo. He had trouble against physically bigger guys? Okay? He weighed anywhere from 186 to 203 in Pride days, CroCop was 225 and Hunt was.... lord.... I don't see any shame in getting beaten by guys 3x your size especially when one was easily #3 HW of the day.

Back