Wandy, Fedor or Minotauro, who had the greatest legacy in Pride?

The thread is about who had the greatest legacy in Pride. Not about who is the best known to some tapout shirt wearing just bleed'er.

It's fedor, and it's not close.

In Pride? Wanderlei had the best legacy. Imo. And it's very close. :icon_neut

Zuffa dominates the market, and make it a point to erase him from history. Over time, he won't be known unless fans keep him in the mix, but when he starts to get discredited more and newer fans never learn his name or just know what Dana has said about him, he won't last as a legacy. Not that I want that, that's just how it works.

I didn't know who he was, until recently (by fan standards). I had never heard him mentioned. I looked into it myself. And after doing the research I see his skill and he was very impressive. But to the every day, watch UFC when it comes on fan which is a large portion of MMA's fanbase whether people like it or not, Fedor doesn't exist basically. It's not right, seeing as he helped build the sport and is part of what makes it great but it's the truth.

No man, no. The UFC could not erase Frank Shamrock.

Your personal experience and a couple of your buddies is not as big a deal as you want it to be.

Zuffa dominates the market, and make it a point to erase him from history. Over time, he won't be known unless fans keep him in the mix, but when he starts to get discredited more and newer fans never learn his name or just know what Dana has said about him, he won't last as a legacy. Not that I want that, that's just how it works.

You are again confusing the world and the USA.

Anyone who doesn't put wand at # 1 spot doesn't know what they are talking about.

Nobuyuki Sakakibara: "Wand was Pride."

1. Wanderlei
2. Sakuraba
3. Fedor

wanderlei was the definetion of pride no doudt about it. but when your talking legacy you have to go with the man that fought in prides toughest division, fedor in heavyweight. imo

Your personal experience and a couple of your buddies is not as big a deal as you want it to be.

Please... don't do that lol that annoys me so much I can't even explain it.

It seems to pop up everywhere. If the every day fan does mention Fedor it's usually negative. :icon_sad:

That's like saying JJ has grater legacy than Chuck Liddell.

uh? Fedor has as much wins as Wanderlei, and I'm counting UFC fights when Wand was well used by the UFC while Fedor was barely fighting once a year, by saying stupid things like that you're just loosing any credibilty, comparing fedor's 40 fights to Jon Jones 18 fights is stupid...

BTW JJ has 17 wins, chuck 21 so bad choice of a comparision, JJ is not far from egaling then surpassing Liddell

They're doing a very good job trying, you have to admit that. Tito vs. Shamrock is one of the most overlooked fights when people come up with great fights.

It's not close, unhappily. Fedor spend 9 years of his life without a defeat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Wand get 4 years without a loss.

I'm pretty sure Zuffa dominates the market worldwide hun. :icon_neut

true but we're talking about who had the greatest legacy in Pride, meaning when Pride was around, when people knew who he was, you can't use Wandy accomplishments in the UFC to make the point that he had a better legacy IN Pride

yeah NikkiNversleep, seems we both had our blue belt today ;:D

true but we're talking about who had the greatest legacy in Pride, meaning when Pride was around, when people knew who he was, you can't use Wandy accomplishments in the UFC to make the point that he had a better legacy IN Pride
Even then, I'd give it to Wandy, maintaining a 22 win streak, 6 years undefeated, Pride MW GP champion, had arguably the biggest fanbase, etc.

they don't though; they just have the high dollar markets

Was that suppose to be funny? :icon_neut

In Pride? Wanderlei had the best legacy. Imo. And it's very close. :icon_neut

Yeah, the thread is about Pride. Wanderlei lost to Hendo, Arona, Hunt, and Cro Cop. While Fedor never lost. Wanderlei is a legend, and a warrior but there is a reason Fedor is considered the GOAT, and that's because is what he did in Pride.

No losses > four losses

Anyway we can agree to disagree, but Wandy embodied more the Pride spirit, but talking about getting the Job done inside the ring, Fedor was unmatched, it's like saying Diaz has a better legacy than GSP, Diaz probably embodies more that " just bleed" image that UFC had for years ( and still has for a lot of people) but GSP's legacy is unmatched at least at WW

It's not really questionable - Fedor had the greatest legacy. Wand is a legend, but Fedor was undefeated while Wandy lost against Arona, Hendo, Crocop and Hunt (those that I can remember). Wandy would never say no to a fight even though he's at a great size disadvantage. Still, Fedor was undefeated and the #1 HW in the world for a long, long time. So, based on your list I'd say:

1. Fedor
2. Wandy
3. Nog

Yeah, the thread is about Pride. Wanderlei lost to Arona, Hunt, and Cro Cop. While Fedor never lost. Wanderlei is a legend, and a warrior but there is a reason Fedor is considered the GOAT, and that's because is what he did in Pride.

No losses > three losses

Okay so he lost to a few HWs while he was a MW? I don't see how that impedes his legacy whatsoever. As for Arona, that was when Arona was considered very dangerous and one of the best at that weight. And if you only lose to one person of your own weight while dominating for 6 years and always bringing the fight? Not so bad either, losses will be a part of everyone's legacy. Shogun lost the fight to Hendo but no doubt in years to come that fight will be remembered as one of his greatest. Wouldn't you say so?

Fedor beat a lot of people, but there were a lot of problems be it with scheduling or whatever that prevented other fights from taking place that would've added to his legacy. No doubt he was the best HW in Pride but I still feel like Wanderlei's legacy reigns in Japan.

non sense, fedor kicked Nog's ass, so just for that your ranking is useless... and fedor faced almost everyone Nog faced and punished them so bad

Who gives a shit if Nog lost to Fedor he fought the highest level of competition while Fedor's competition sucked except Nog and Cro Cop.

Hendo beat Fedor in the first round. So is he over Fedor in the GOAT rankings according to you?

Nog > Hendo > Fedor?

Back