Wanderlust Gi

Test response (sorry for thread hijacking man!) I'm unable to start a new thread because 'You have insufficient privileges to post here', even though I've posted new threads in the past...... what's up with that?

Test response (sorry for thread hijacking man!) I'm unable to start a new thread because 'You have insufficient privileges to post here', even though I've posted new threads in the past...... what's up with that?

White belts cant create threads anymore. Rule change.

Lame. Would've been nice if they'd grandfathered in white belts in good standing.

How many posts to get out of white belt status?

Says the weight of the gi is 2.5lbs. But doesn’t say if that is the A1 or the A5.

Claims to use the lightest but strongest material but doesn’t mention any details about how it is made. If it wasn’t for a reviewer (which all sounded kind of suspect), we wouldn’t have even known the pants was ripstop.

My opinion:
You can buy an unknown brand that isn’t very good at explaining why they have the ultimate travel gi that weighs 2.5lbs.

Or

Buy a known brand gi that weighs 4-5lbs. In fact some established brands have lightweight gi’s around 3lbs also, btw. The 1.5lbs to 2.5lbs isn’t going to ruin your travels.

Says the weight of the gi is 2.5lbs. But doesn’t say if that is the A1 or the A5.

Claims to use the lightest but strongest material but doesn’t mention any details about how it is made. If it wasn’t for a reviewer (which all sounded kind of suspect), we wouldn’t have even known the pants was ripstop.

My opinion:
You can buy an unknown brand that isn’t very good at explaining why they have the ultimate travel gi that weighs 2.5lbs.

Or

Buy a known brand gi that weighs 4-5lbs. In fact some established brands have lightweight gi’s around 3lbs also, btw. The 1.5lbs to 2.5lbs isn’t going to ruin your travels.
Very good points. I did listen to the owner of Wanderlust on a podcast. ( its a local chicago based company) and he explained a little more about the gi. Said you can wash it in a hotel sink or tub and it'll hang dry over night, it rolls up small enough to fit basically in a purse, but is durable enough for everyday training. I know their site sucks and they really don't sell themselves well on it. The podcast is what got me interested

Very good points. I did listen to the owner of Wanderlust on a podcast. ( its a local chicago based company) and he explained a little more about the gi. Said you can wash it in a hotel sink or tub and it'll hang dry over night, it rolls up small enough to fit basically in a purse, but is durable enough for everyday training. I know their site sucks and they really don't sell themselves well on it. The podcast is what got me interested

Cool, fair enough. I’d still like to know the technology he uses that is so different than other brands. $175 isn’t too bad of a price if it does everything he claims.

It's Pakistani GARBAGE. Straight trash

^^^
Not gonna lie you’re avatar reduces your credibility with that one...

What makes this gi so special for travel? Does it have hidden pockets?

Back