Wanderlei Silva shoves and scares Chael Sonnen during staredown

Chael behaved in a similar manner when Wanderlei got in his face right before the infamous brawl on TUF Brazil, he doesn't seem to like physical confrontations much.

From what I recall Chael double leg'd him with ease ?

That's besides the point. Chael is quick to crack jokes on Wanderlei but when they are face-to-face he gets all sheepish and tries to deescalate the situation. I don't believe he's afraid though, he just doesn't like getting into fist fights outside of the cage if it can be avoided.

he was exactly the same in their original confrontation in the van, Chael sat quietly while Wanderlei said that someone would beat the shit out of him if he didn't watch his mouth

A black dude representing Hot97 asked Chael and Wand "what do you see is the ch__k in each other's armor?" He intentionally chose the word "ch__k" instead of crack or slit.

Why did he have to use an offensive word when there was no need for it and Scott Coker (Asian American) was present?

Seriously?
Slit might also be offensive if there were any women present
Crack might imply they're on drugs
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: is the appropriate word

That's besides the point. Chael is quick to crack jokes on Wanderlei but when they are face-to-face he gets all sheepish and tries to deescalate the situation. I don't believe he's afraid though, he just doesn't like getting into fist fights outside of the cage if it can be avoided.

I think he's uncomfortable because he is doing, and always has been doing, pro-wrestling style antics. I don't believe Chael really has had a beef with anyone on his end. It's all showmanship and hype and it worked because it transformed his career and notoriety. But guys like Wandy take the shit dead serious so you are definitely creating a potentially awkward scenario when you come face to face with the person.

he was exactly the same in their original confrontation in the van, Chael sat quietly while Wanderlei said that someone would beat the shit out of him if he didn't watch his mouth

well, to be fair, Chael did have a very smug shit-eating grin on his face when Wandy said "you don't know Brazil." And he followed it up with, "that's not entirely true. I've been to Brazil." A pretty smart ass comment that he definitely would not have made if he was intimidated.

Wand was scared, that's why he had to push Chael away.

Chael kept his distance because he didn't want a brawl on stage. They will be locked in a cage together here soon so I highly doubt Chael had any fear when Wanderlei love tapped him on the chest....let's be real here, we've seen harder shoves from Wanderlei before, and Chael took a shoulder to the chin from Anderson so I'm sure he couldn't care less.

Chael, the guy who took prime Anderson Silva to the brink is scared of old ass shot Wand? LMFAO at this point a leaf would crack Wand's chin.

Wand is washed up, but since when does Wand have a glass chin? Stann and Franklin and Cung hit pretty hard and they couldn't crack it.

Chael is just there for the paycheck, his effort against Tito was disappointing.

Why would he?

Guys that can legally kick the crap out of each other and get paid for it are the last people who should be getting into street fights.

It will happen.

I like Mitrione so no problem.
But Sonnen deserves to be killed slowly over months with a plasma cutter and only caloric intake being the twice daily slices coming off of his extremeties.

Jesus Christ dude. Get some help.

This fight is going to suck. I expect another pathetic showing by Chael.

Back