Wanderlei Silva calls out Vitor Belfort: 'He got lucky in the first fight. I will beat you up'

Who wins?

• Total voters
Vitor had his chances to meet Wandy in pride, he couldn't get through other fighters to earn his shot at top dogs like Wandy/Shogun.

Yes this is correct as Vitor vs henderson in pride was basically a number one contender match to fight wand for the strap. Hendo won and the rest is history.

Yes this is correct as Vitor vs henderson in pride was basically a number one contender match to fight wand for the strap. Hendo won and the rest is history.

Don't forget about Pride Total Elimination 2005. Vitor had his chances, he just couldn't beat a quality opponent in Pride.

[QUOTE="QueenVitor, post: 134996539, member: 510749"]2003 Vitor KO’s 2003 Brazilian tank abbot, yes. And Tristar Vitor decisions 2003 Wand.

Welp that's enough of quoting this moron. Shertards gonna shertard.[/QUOTE]
18722665_471073736574222_6738381676822396928_n.jpg

Vitor had his chances to meet Wandy in pride, he couldn't get through other fighters to earn his shot at top dogs like Wandy/Shogun.

Vitor started out 4-0 in Pride(Discounting his infamous dive against the Yakuza superstar) With the last win of that run being against Heath Herring in 2001, the same year Wand became LHW champ. Vitor certainly was deserving at that point in time although he went back to the UFC for some reason. He only fought 2 other guys in Pride after that in grappling-heavy matches.

Who did Wand defend his title against around that time in 01? A can called Tamura who was on a 3 fight losing streak before that titleshot, I shit you not. Check out the records. Wand also fought 2 other cans, and then defended against another can called Kanehara who was 15-9, and then went 1-12 after Wand lol. You want to have some comedy just check out Silva's early Pride record. So don't try to tell me Wandy only fought "worthy challengers".

Vitor started out 4-0 in Pride(Discounting his infamous dive against the Yakuza superstar) With the last win of that run being against Heath Herring in 2001, the same year Wand became LHW champ. Vitor certainly was deserving at that point in time although he went back to the UFC for some reason. He only fought 2 other guys in Pride after that in grappling-heavy matches.

Who did Wand defend his title against around that time in 01? A can called Tamura who was on a 3 fight losing streak before that titleshot, I shit you not. Check out the records. Wand also fought 2 other cans, and then defended against another can called Kanehara who was 15-9, and then went 1-12 after Wand lol. You want to have some comedy just check out Silva's early Pride record. So don't try to tell me Wandy only fought "worthy challengers".

Vitor was back in the UFC a few months after Wandy won the strap. He didn't fight in Pride again for another four years, as you said. I don't know what the deal there was. When he came back, he had an opportunity in the Pride MW Grand Prix, but he was destroyed by Overeem. Wandy may have fought cans, but he also fought guys who were better than Vitor at the time. He certainly wasn't ducking him.

Vitor was back in the UFC a few months after Wandy won the strap. He didn't fight in Pride again for another four years, as you said. I don't know what the deal there was. When he came back, he had an opportunity in the Pride MW Grand Prix, but he was destroyed by Overeem. Wandy may have fought cans, but he also fought guys who were better than Vitor at the time. He certainly wasn't ducking him.

Vitor ended that winning streak around may 2001 I believe, and a couple of months after that Wanderlei won the title. Vitor was then in contract negotiations that didn't go well so he left to the UFC later on in 2002. There was a lot of time for Wand to seek out a rematch against Belfort at that time. Instead of fighting like 5 total cans in the meantime, most of them titlefights, maybe he should have pushed for a rematch against Belfort since he always wanted it, and Pride FC could have kept Belfort by offering him a hyped up rematch against Silva for the title in 2001/02. Why all of this failed, you tell me.

So yes you were out of bounds earlier when you claimed Vitor wasn't worthy for a titleshot against Wand. You forget about the early 00s before Vitor's family tragedy happened.

Double knockout of these two hypocritical douchebag chuckleheads is the only acceptable outcome.

Vitor ended that winning streak around may 2001 I believe, and a couple of months after that Wanderlei won the title. Vitor was then in contract negotiations that didn't go well so he left to the UFC later on in 2002. There was a lot of time for Wand to seek out a rematch against Belfort at that time. Instead of fighting like 5 total cans in the meantime, most of them titlefights, maybe he should have pushed for a rematch against Belfort since he always wanted it, and Pride FC could have kept Belfort by offering him a hyped up rematch against Silva for the title in 2001/02. Why all of this failed, you tell me.

So yes you were out of bounds earlier when you claimed Vitor wasn't worthy for a titleshot against Wand. You forget about the early 00s before Vitor's family tragedy happened.

I mean, I know Mirko was very green in MMA at the time, but Mirko was without a much, much scarier opponent at that point than Vitor...

Could PrideFC have kept Vitor by offering him a Title shot? I have no idea what was going on behind the scenes there, I'm not going to pretend I do either. Either way, Vitor was gone. He should've came back for the 2003 MW Grand Prix, not that it would have went well for him.

Surprise by all the hostility in this thread. I will provide my two sense as these are my two favorite fighters of all time, Wand being my favorite. The two arguments im seeing is who currently wins and who wind prime for prime.

Currently Vitor wins as i think he has more ability at this stage than Wand does and is much more diverse in his striking attack. Neither have much of a gas tank anymore so i don't think that's a factor, Vitor by TKO or unanamious decision.

Now Prime for Prime, I give Wand the edge despite their actual encounter. I think Wand wins more times than not as he was much more durable, was mentally tougher and was a more diverse striker in his prime 2003-2005.

So Wand wants to f..k Vitor

This was some BS from Pride just trying to get exposure for their U.S. show

I remember watching it live at a bar shoulder to shoulder and waking up the next day thinking i dreamed it

At this point in their careers, why not? Schedule it in Japan so they can juice to their heart's content.
This is one of the few fights where Wand should be pushing for full-on USADA testing, he doesn’t want to tangle with TRTVitor.

Wand is such a fraud. He mocked Victor after the Anderson fight, Victor called him out but Wand didn’t want it. Ducked him to call out Leben on Twitter only to get KTFO face down ass up in 20 odd seconds lol.

Victor kills him again

Vitor will knock him out again

Last edited:
Lol , should've called out Vitor when he was TRTor Belfort.
Now he is a tired and flacid old lion. Still has fast hands but i'll give Wand the edge on this one
If they do fight, Vitor is going back on the sauce. Vitor by total destruction.

who cares?!?

i sure dont, in fact id be happy to never see either of them fight again.

and the idea of a legends league makes me cringe. You would get more entertainment goin to a local show and supporting the young fighters in your area.
Are u stupid?

If they both juice up! I'd pay more than Floyd vs Conor to watch it! Let both of them juice up and bang it out!!!

The battle of who is the most shot.

I would bet on Vitor by way of knowing how to throw straight punches. All respect to Wanderlei but his punching style leaves him open to good counterpunchers.

Are u stupid?

If they both juice up! I'd pay more than Floyd vs Conor to watch it! Let both of them juice up and bang it out!!!

The fact you implied you paid for Conor vs Floyd just shows who is the stupid one.

i have no interest in watching over the hill fighters continue fighting past there over due date. Wand, Vitor, Cheal, Rampage, Fedor they should all retire. If if they want continue fighting then they either fight the up and comers and try and work there way back up the ladder or just stay home.

Honestly, this is the perfect retirement fight for both guys. Hope it happens.

Back