Wanderlei Silva calls out Vitor Belfort: 'He got lucky in the first fight. I will beat you up'

Who wins?

• Total voters
At what point in your career do you qualify for the mma masters league, I may start training again haha jk, you'd probably see some pretty good ex top athletes transition to MMA to give it a try after their peaks if this happened, normally they'd be too old but the masters league would give late bloomers a chance to compete.

That would be crazy to avenge a loss 19 or 20 years later! Lol

At least neither guy has to worry about the the takedown. They would both finally be getting an opponent who likes to stand and strike.

I hope it doesn't get booked but if it does of course I will watch.
Great...we'll finally see Tito/Shamrock 4, Ken will finally beat him into a living death...he really means it this time

I like this idea of the "Masters Division." I wouldn't pay to watch it but it's a cool concept for free TV. As long as their health is holding up, let the old timers fight as long as they want.

Vitor by being a much more accurate and clean striker. If Wand got knocked the fuck out by Leben, what do you think Vitor will do to him? It’s gonna be a straight left that rocks Wand, then a follow up flurry from the pits of hell to dust his ass off with.

"Vitor got picked apart on the feet by Saku...what do you think Wandy does to him?" Do you see why MMA math is retarded?

Lol, salty Brazilian tank abbot. Vitor is still facing legitimate competition, while Wand is getting destroyed by a Chael Sonnen who got destroyed by Tito. Vitor would end it even faster this time.

I don't care how old they are, how long ago the 1st fight happened. This rematch NEEDS to happen. Nobody knew back then that these two would turn to be legends of the sport, and it's also been one of the most requested rematches of all-time.

"Vitor got picked apart on the feet by Saku...what do you think Wandy does to him?" Do you see why MMA math is retarded?
Vitor knocked Wanderlei out in 44 seconds, thus Vitor > Wand. Does this mma math work?

I didn’t use MMA math. Vitor’s style is a nightmare for Wand, it’s that simple. I think you just solved your own problem. Vitor could always beat Wand, but style wise, Saku in his prime caused Vitor and many other top guys fits. Styles make fights.

Wandy was in his prime around 2003, when Vitor was going through some difficult times as you said above. That version of Wandy would've absolutely destroyed the Vitor of the early-mid 2000's. Vitor looked like absolute crap for years after his sisters passing. If we're talking about 2013 Vitor that's an entirely different story as I think he was the best MW on the planet at that point by a fair margin.

I wouldn't call this luck..

fsbelfortkoswanderlei.gif

Yeah I mean, Wanderlei is being an idiot here. Anybody who knows anything about MMA knows Vitor beats Wanderlei every single time at any point in MMA. He's faster and got much better boxing, he is at his best coming forward with short straight punches. It would slice right through Wanderlei's wide telegraphed swinging hooks. Look at the gif, it's exactly what happened.

Vitor knocked Wanderlei out in 44 seconds, thus Vitor > Wand. Does this mma math work?

In that fight 20 years ago? Sure. Does that mean Vitor beats prime Wandy? No. People on this forum don't seem to understand how good Wanderlei was in the early 2000's, and how bad Vitor looked for a few years there.

Vitor on his worst day would KO Wand with ease.

Styles make fights and Wand's sloppy looping punches would get countered with ease.

Unfortunately when they were both in Pride, Vitor couldn’t get his shit together and didn’t deserve a shot at the belt

Haha, funny stuff. Pride where 'deserving' fighters got shots at the title, titles that RARELY were defended by the champs btw. And inbetween the deserving fighters getting shots you had Japanese cans and even literal pro wrestlers getting fights against the champs. Yet The Phenom wasn't deserving.

Please. The Yakuza knew they couldn't bribe Wand to lose to Saku like past opponents but they kept putting him in there to get destroyed by him. They didn't want someone like Vitor was strugging with his life, to kill their monster.

Wanderlei is underrated on this forum. In his prime, he was a great fighter. He had good stand up, brutal power, a great chin, and underrated ground game for his era.

Would he ever beat Vitor? I'd say that during their respective primes, it would be a very competitive fight. To say that prime Wand was an easy fight for anybody in MMA's short history is silly.

In that fight 20 years ago? Sure. Does that mean Vitor beats prime Wandy? No. People on this forum don't seem to understand how good Wanderlei was in the early 2000's, and how bad Vitor looked for a few years there.
Now here comes the prime talk. They fought, Vitor destroyed him. And nothing since that fight would suggest any different of a result. Vitor was losing mainly to grapplers during his slump. And if you want to go for prime vs prime, don’t even tell me for a sec you think early 2000s Wand stands a chance against 2013 Belfort.

Now here comes the prime talk. They fought, Vitor destroyed him. And nothing since that fight would suggest any different of a result. Vitor was losing mainly to grapplers during his slump. And if you want to go for prime vs prime, don’t even tell me for a sec you think early 2000s Wand stands a chance against 2013 Belfort.

What are you talking about? I was responding to a quote saying "Vitor beats any version of Wandy" implying that ANY version of Vitor beats ANY version of Wandy. That's not the case. 2013 Vitor vs 2003 Wanderlei is an entirely different subject.

What are you talking about? I was responding to a quote saying "Vitor beats any version of Wandy" implying that ANY version of Vitor beats ANY version of Wandy. That's not the case. 2013 Vitor vs 2003 Wanderlei is an entirely different subject.
2003 Vitor KO’s 2003 Brazilian tank abbot, yes. And Tristar Vitor decisions 2003 Wand.

Haha, funny stuff. Pride where 'deserving' fighters got shots at the title, titles that RARELY were defended by the champs btw. And inbetween the deserving fighters getting shots you had Japanese cans and even literal pro wrestlers getting fights against the champs. Yet The Phenom wasn't deserving.

Please. The Yakuza knew they couldn't bribe Wand to lose to Saku like past opponents but they kept putting him in there to get destroyed by him. They didn't want someone like Vitor was strugging with his life, to kill their monster.

Vitor had his chances to meet Wandy in pride, he couldn't get through other fighters to earn his shot at top dogs like Wandy/Shogun.

[QUOTE="QueenVitor, post: 134996539, member: 510749"]2003 Vitor KO’s 2003 Brazilian tank abbot, yes. And Tristar Vitor decisions 2003 Wand.[/QUOTE]

Welp that's enough of quoting this moron. Shertards gonna shertard.

Back