Wanderlei Says He'll Make $1 Million from Fight vs. Rampage

one-million-dollars.jpg

He needs to announce this as a retirement fight. Even if he really doesn't retire. I think if Rampage wins, if it's a close contest that could warrant a 5th fight. But if wandy wins. Please for the love of god retire. Or just make a 40+ division where TRT is allowed. If they're on the sauce they won't show their age as much. I've seen guys in their late 30s compete with 24 year olds in athletic competition thanks to TRT. It really is a fountain of youth in a way. I just turned 34. I'm contemplating it. TRT. :)

I don't see how that is possible, or even close. If Chael vs Fedor only peaks at 1.2 million viewers (or whatever it is), then Wand-Rampage probably does a little less. How could they afford to pay ONE guy $1 million for an event that gets about a million viewers?

He needs to announce this as a retirement fight. Even if he really doesn't retire. I think if Rampage wins, if it's a close contest that could warrant a 5th fight. But if wandy wins. Please for the love of god retire. Or just make a 40+ division where TRT is allowed. If they're on the sauce they won't show their age as much. I've seen guys in their late 30s compete with 24 year olds in athletic competition thanks to TRT. It really is a fountain of youth in a way. I just turned 34. I'm contemplating it. TRT. :)
TRT is good and all if your not in a competitive sport.

How can the sport grow if the guys who are supposed to be eliminated by age,destroy the up and comers over and over 10 yrs after expiration date? its not fair,and it should not be allowed. Its against the natural order of things. When your time's up,step aside.

Its obviously alot more successful than Affliction.

That success probably will not extend if they are offering mega dollars to fighters few have interest in paying to see and way past their prime. Rampage and Wand have already been shown to be woefully shitty under the Bellator banner. Ppv model won't carry in that fight and free TV probably won't bring in the ad buys.

Affliction model

That success probably will not extend if they are offering mega dollars to fighters few have interest in paying to see and way past their prime. Rampage and Wand have already been shown to be woefully shitty under the Bellator banner. Ppv model won't carry in that fight and free TV probably won't bring in the ad buys.

Affliction model
Coker is alot smarter than that. Maybe people dont like some of those old fossils he is rolling out there on their wheelchairs,but they are still watching.

Good for him, will likely be a shitty fight but I’m glad they make bank.

How can the sport grow if the guys who are supposed to be eliminated by age,destroy the up and comers over and over 10 yrs after expiration date? its not fair,and it should not be allowed. Its against the natural order of things. When your time's up,step aside.
40+ guys should be allowed to AGAINST other 40+ guys. I wouldn't mind that.

It's fair and that's what he is worth. Meanwhile UFC has stolen sponsorship from the fighters and pay them peanuts.

40+ guys should be allowed to AGAINST other 40+ guys. I wouldn't mind that.
Gotta have it not allowed at all,bottom line. I have no problem with old people using it to feel young,actors etc but not to fight professionally.

Doubt rampage is financially secure he doesnt seem like the type to be smart with money and his acting career never took off like he wanted either.
Ya i never assume any athletes or actors plan for the future. Whatever I make today i will make the same or more forever.

Happy to see Wandy say he has saved. Hope it is true.

At least one of them will get a win now. Rampage doesn't seem to care if he wins anymore and Wand is just bad. He was years ago and is just getting worse.

Huh? One of his last fights before suspension was a war with Brian Stann.

The "trt" that we saw in the ufc was just used to hide high dosage Testosteron and derivates(weak steroids mostly) use. Thats why the differencea are so shocking(Belfort went from Monster to PC Nerd cause he was on a Monster dose Testosteron ,if it was trt he would have gone from normal to PC Nerd). That said trt is always cheating and if you're that sick that you need Test you shouldn't be doing competitive Sport in the first place since the only thing we can clap for is the testo. And Let's be real most of the trt cases are just guys who never made Sports and crashed they're hormones with shitty food and Smoking weed all day. It s just strange that no other country has so much trt Users like the usa, i mean look at the 1950s-60s born gen there all fit and shit without trt and now some 30+ guys need steroids to make Sport or to go to work.

Last edited:
Get that paper homid!!! You and rampage are legends and two of my favorite fighters ever!!!

Wandy laid it all on the line for years.. The axe murderer deserves a big payday. Still one of my favorite fighters of all time... I promise violence.... .

If it's true, good for him. Not sure why Bellator would pay him that much though. Makes me wonder how much Rampage would make as well.

Take it with a gain of salt or a ton if you will.
But the AC had Rampage vs Chael at 300K each IIRC.
We know the AC fighter pay out is not correct, but I think we can use it as at least a ball park figure.

Back