Wanderlei fans

Hi style of fighting is not conducive to longevity. When you have that super aggressive, no defense type style, your chin will leave you. We will see the same with Mike Perry too eventually. The reason why robbie has lasted so long is that he does not spar anymore. Those Chute Box guys tho, they were rumored to have absolute wars.

I feel like TUF scuffle showed exactly how the fight would go. Years later it did.

Has any MMA legend so completely lost their fan base as Wanderlei? Anderson Silva, Shogun, Dan Henderson, Big Nog, etc. all still have a loyal cadre of fans. Wanderlei's fans seem to have abandoned him to a man. I'm guessing it all goes back to his behavior on the Ultimate Fighter.

I've never been a big fan, I just found it interesting how the mockery of him on these forums last night was almost total.
people like fighters who win you're always going to have fans jump ship once they stop doing so but when you do some of the stuff he did which is what exactly? I'm not really following what he did other then run from the drug test and talk a bit of shit about the UFC. I really don't see what he really did that chased his fans away he seems like the same guy as in Pride minus the wins. Maybe the extra behind the scene camera time the fans saw changed their view but it didn't seem much different then stories coming out during Chute Boxe's heyday. I'll just blame it on ppl turnning into a bunch of nutless shipjumping fanboys who got too pc for an oldschool type of guy like Wanderlei.

Still a hardcore Wandy fan. I mean we all knew this going to happen pretty much...No sweeping Arona off and just pushing him off like in the 2nd Arona fight(yeah I know Pride Wandy). Oh well fuck choade sonnen

If those guys abandoned Wanderlei after his loss to Chael, they were never true fans to begin with. For me, Wanderlei's greatness was never determined by wins and losses, it was always about his passion and ferocity. Nobody has fought with more heart. War Wand. Fuck the fair weather fans.

2daevic.jpg

Wands behaviour has been questionable to other fighters, but he was always great to the fans and left it all in the ring/cage. Always a fan

For what ever reason wanderlei had his camp in brazil and I don't think he trained any top level wrestlers. The level of fighter's he trained and sparred with were not great so I had a feeling he wouldn't have had a good showing last night considering sonnen heavy wrestling based game.

If he trained at King's they would have bought in some top wrestlers like when he was scheduled to fight sonnen in the ufc they had cael sanderson at the gym and Silva would have destroyed sonnen.

I think Wanderlei is kind the stereotype of a fighter. He isn't the brightest or the most coherent guy, but he's one of those old-school guys born for this game. He takes provocation seriously and really wants to beat the shit of his opponents. I don't think I have a lot in common with him, but when he's fighting I love him. Is it possible to be MMA and dislike his fighting style? And as someone said, I always heard he's some of the nicest guys with the fans.

Will always be a fan of the GOAT entertainer Wanderlei Silva. It's interesting how a majority of people dislike him on sherdog ... yet outside Sherdog I've rarely heard anything bad said about the guy

Wand is a total nutcase. Really shown his true colours over the last few years. Much respect for all the wars he's been in the past, but don't see how you can be a fan of the dirtbag
Care to elaborate? All I've heard is he doesn't like Chael and thinks Zuffa are scum.

Honestly I just watched the fight and Wand nearly finished Sonnen twice.. reading Sherdog had me thinking he got outclassed

people like fighters who win you're always going to have fans jump ship once they stop doing so but when you do some of the stuff he did which is what exactly? I'm not really following what he did other then run from the drug test and talk a bit of shit about the UFC. I really don't see what he really did that chased his fans away he seems like the same guy as in Pride minus the wins. Maybe the extra behind the scene camera time the fans saw changed their view but it didn't seem much different then stories coming out during Chute Boxe's heyday. I'll just blame it on ppl turnning into a bunch of nutless shipjumping fanboys who got too pc for an oldschool type of guy like Wanderlei.
Exactly... He badmouthed the ufc and a lot of posters here are more UFC fans than they are fans of mma

I've always considered Wsnderlei one of the more overrated fighters of our time...I think his UFC record is under .500.

Wand got his legend from brutally beating on outmatched japanese fighters while being juiced up like Kerr or Coleman...

I've always considered Wsnderlei one of the more overrated fighters of our time...I think his UFC record is under .500.
He had like 40 fucking fights before he came to the UFC and was obviously shot

God damn. Hating on legends and calling them overrated. I need to get off this website for a few days. Fucking idiots.

Let's see how many LHWs can move up and challenge Cro Cop and Hunt.. even now that both those guys are 40 they still beat the shit out of nearly all the LHWs.

Wanderlei imo beat them both

lmao

who gives a fuck what his record was?

Dude came forward and threw bombs... you ain't got a sack like that so stop it

He is a legend of MMA and has been fighting since 1996, longer than some people have been born here responding negatively about him. He's a brawler with great defense off his back, never been submitted and holds the Pride FC record for most KO and title defenses. He even moved up to heavyweight and faced Mirko Filipovic and Mark Hunt.

Has any MMA legend so completely lost their fan base as Wanderlei? Anderson Silva, Shogun, Dan Henderson, Big Nog, etc. all still have a loyal cadre of fans. Wanderlei's fans seem to have abandoned him to a man. I'm guessing it all goes back to his behavior on the Ultimate Fighter.

I've never been a big fan, I just found it interesting how the mockery of him on these forums last night was almost total.
I am still a fan.
Didn't watch TUF, but then again, I never liked Wandi for his brains, if you know what I mean...

Plus: I think that he is more genuine than Sonnen.

But I am not sad he lost. For I know MMA evolved and passed him by.

Back