Wall Wrestling & Clinch Video

Bjoern

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
A short excerpt from my new video Download "Wall Wrestling & Clinch for Self Defense" In my opinion on f the most important aspects of self defense. I hope you like it.

Awesome! I'll check out the vids later after work. Regularly drilling techniques for fighting on the wall/cage and even positional sparring on the wall has been something that few bjj/MMA schools do in my experience.

In fact I've only trained at one gym that made Wall fighting/drilling a part of the regular training schedule.

My favorite is to let go of the double/single leg attempt---> drive your head up under their chin to pin their head to the cage---> work the body with hook/uppercuts---> re-shoot. If you can create enough space with the body work you can get that bounce off the cage for an easy double leg pick up.

Here a little article from me about Wall Wrestling:

self defense on the wall is totally different than wall grappling in mma

for one the guy your trying to take down in street isnt a top grappler u can snatch a single and drag him down easily

For Self Defense I would basically avoid the ground and keep the fight standing in the clinch to stay mobile while delivering punches or headbutts.....

For Self Defense I would basically avoid the ground and keep the fight standing in the clinch to stay mobile while delivering punches or headbutts.....

head butts are very dangerous you should only head butt if you are in a bad position stuck on bottom or a last resort hear manys tories of guys knocking there owns elves out trying to head butt guys lol

self defense on the wall is totally different than wall grappling in mma

for one the guy your trying to take down in street isnt a top grappler u can snatch a single and drag him down easily

That's the logic chain that ends in bullshido after a couple generations.

I'm going to try to talk my wife into letting me buy this. Conceptually I agree with you; being able to pin someone to the surrounding landscape is a valuable tool for a grappler in both self-defense, mma, and beyond. It's why I think the chinese wrestling arts, and sumo, both heavily stress the "ring out" or locational loss, because of how valuable it is to keep track of your surroundings and not get pinned to a wall and ganked.

Also I think I still have some of your vids on darce chokes / rolling back attacks on an old external hard drive, they were my jam.

Back