"Walking Dead" t-shirt pulled after customer called it "racist"

nostradumbass

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.scotsman.com/news/primark-pulls-walking-dead-t-shirt-after-row-over-racism-1-4372790

image.jpg

It was fantastically offensive and I can only assume that no-one in the process of ordering it knew what they were doing or were aware of its subliminal messages.

It is directly threatening of a racist assault, and if I were black and were faced by a wearer I would know just where I stood.

In one scene, Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) bludgeons a character to death using a barbed-wire rapped baseball bat while uttering the phrase. However, in the clip, he uses the word “tiger” rather than the N-word.

Close call. Had they not pulled the t-shirts from the shelves, there probably would have been a huge body count from all the nerds who watch zombie shows taking the subliminal message and attacking black people with spiked bats in the streets.

Eeny meeny miny moe
Catch an enword by his toe

The words have been changed for generations, is it still broadly seen as racist?

Eeny meeny miny moe

The words have been changed for generations, is it still broadly seen as racist?
I didn't even know that was the original saying until just now. I always thought is was, "tiger".

Eeny meeny miny moe

I didn't even know that was the original saying until just now. I always thought is was, "tiger".

I honestly just found that out myself reading the article. I've never heard anyone say anything but "tiger". Before I read the article, I was looking at the picture of the shirt for like 5 minutes trying to find something racist.

But not the t shirt version or any version in the last few decades.
No, but I'm sure that doesn't matter to some folks who might be offended by it.
Or who are looking to be.
You have to know your history to know what the original words were. As it stands, in this situation, I don't see that it's racist.

This is as weak as it gets. People need to stop being such stupid idiots all the time.

This is as weak as it gets. People need to stop being such stupid idiots all the time.
Agreed. I learned the hard way that saying "off the reservation" is bad.
And it is, and I stopped using the expression. Knowledge is always good to have.
But people need to relax ffs

Agreed. I learned the hard way that saying "off the reservation" is bad.
And it is, and I stopped using the expression. Knowledge is always good to have.
But people need to relax ffs
These are the same people who freak out about Iron Man being a "racist" song because some idiots changed the lyrics to "I am Afroman, running through the woods from the Ku Klux Klan..."

Back