Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunken cost fallacy, we've spent a decade with these characters, ive dropped it constantly and came back to see how the show was doing, if it looked like there was a conclusion in sight etc.

I still maintain that zombies were scarier in the first seasons because a zombie would sneak in out of earshot/camera shot and suddenly grab a character. Thats dumb as hell, zombies growl, no way they should sneak on you in an open field.

Poor jump scare tactics for the audience and that doesnt even make sense.

I get nostalgic watching older episodes, Im not going to get attached to shows anymore its weird

This is the first TV show I ever got addicted to watching and never miss, and it makes me feel empty that all the original guys are almost all gone.

The part of the show I liked was the human interaction and family community aspect and surviving against the evil forces as a unit

I remember when the original cast was talking especially Andrea they said they were all good for at least 8 seasons, because the writer was switching it up and tweaking the storylines so it would be such that they would survive longer.

Killing Carl off shows that they screwed it up and making Rick and Michionne an item is lazy writing, that blond was supposed to be his new love interest and it came down to money dont bring any new characters in and just make Rick and Michionne a couple to kill two birds with one stone and save money

I get nostalgic watching older episodes, Im not going to get attached to shows anymore its weird

This is the first TV show I ever got addicted to watching and never miss, and it makes me feel empty that all the original guys are almost all gone.

The part of the show I liked was the human interaction and family community aspect and surviving against the evil forces as a unit

I remember when the original cast was talking especially Andrea they said they were all good for at least 8 seasons, because the writer was switching it up and tweaking the storylines so it would be such that they would survive longer.

Killing Carl off shows that they screwed it up and making Rick and Michionne an item is lazy writing, that blond was supposed to be his new love interest and it came down to money dont bring any new characters in and just make Rick and Michionne a couple to kill two birds with one stone and save money

I was a fan of the comics, culdnt believe it was gonna become a TV show. I knew it was gonna be a hit but they completely botched the governor arc, etc, shouldve kept everything the same as the comics imo. Just a far superior product.

Can we please talk about the fact Rick saw a helicopter a few eps back
And hes not mentioned it to absolutely anyone?

That was just Rick with that hallucination in his eye.
Kind of how he kept seeing Lori and answering phones that weren't even connected to anything.

I was a fan of the comics, culdnt believe it was gonna become a TV show. I knew it was gonna be a hit but they completely botched the governor arc, etc, shouldve kept everything the same as the comics imo. Just a far superior product.
yeah

they switched it so bad, in the comics its obvious Glenn dies, but comic book readers said they already switched the shows story so much that they didn't want Glenn to be killed off anymore

and the show did it last minute from what Glenn said in his interview that every cast member is on their toes, nobody knows who is safe

Why did the garbage people give up their weapons. Didn’t rick and crew tell them they always kill one as an example? Maybe more?

Oh hi psychopaths we double crossed, here’s our guns. Come into our home and forgive us.
That scene was idiotic. Garbagetown knows what the Saviors do, doesn't even make since that they let that group enter their dump.
Same with garbage leader being trapped in the landfill, why couldn't she just climb/walk to the fence and get out? It's a landfill, that gate isn't the only way out.

The Saviors being trapped in the Sanctuary by zombies was also stupid. Gee, just shoot them...took them how many episodes to do that?? Or they could have just used long sharpen poles to stab them in the head, I mean they have a working furnace and the zombies just shuffle around now.

Anyway, this show has seriously gone down the shitter, I liked to make fun of it but it was still entertaining, not so much now.
From the next episode preview, apparently we are getting another "just scare them, don't kill them" tactic from the Saviors. At this point what good does it do the Saviors to let any of Rick's group live?

How many Saviors are there? How many bases/outposts do they have? Would think Rick & crew would have done some more recon then they did, seems like there are at least a dozen Saviors for every person on Rick's side.

How many Saviors are there? How many bases/outposts do they have? Would think Rick & crew would have done some more recon then they did, seems like there are at least a dozen Saviors for every person on Rick's side.

They seriously can’t have many left

The show is pretty weak now

Especially letting Eugene live

on Fear the walking dead if Madison had a Eugene on that show and knew Eugene was the traitor and letting the saviors get the upperhand each time she would kill his ass on the spot, heck Salazar would kill his ass easily, but TWD lets his ass live

Eugene is the mastermind, he is the man who is letting his friends die by always saving Negan, he comes up with every idea

I thought it was pretty good even though they were just on the ranch, it had the sophia reveal, the death of Dale and Shane and the introduction of Michionne.

I loved Season 2 (and Season 4B/Season 5; except the Tornado episode). The Sophia reveal in Season 2 was the best scene in the series and the tension between Rick and Shane can never be repeated again. It made the season and the show.

Last edited:
That scene was idiotic. Garbagetown knows what the Saviors do, doesn't even make since that they let that group enter their dump.
Same with garbage leader being trapped in the landfill, why couldn't she just climb/walk to the fence and get out? It's a landfill, that gate isn't the only way out.

The Saviors being trapped in the Sanctuary by zombies was also stupid. Gee, just shoot them...took them how many episodes to do that?? Or they could have just used long sharpen poles to stab them in the head, I mean they have a working furnace and the zombies just shuffle around now.

Anyway, this show has seriously gone down the shitter, I liked to make fun of it but it was still entertaining, not so much now.
From the next episode preview, apparently we are getting another "just scare them, don't kill them" tactic from the Saviors. At this point what good does it do the Saviors to let any of Rick's group live?

What makes that scene even more retarded is with the garbage heaps, the Garbage Pail Kids had the frigging high ground on Simon and Co LOL. They had the tactical advantage both in offense and defense...They had the weaponry...why in the world would they mass together on the ground instead of setting up an armed perimeter across the peaks of the garbage heaps and then let Simon in? LOL like WTF. And these are the people who the writers are expecting us to believe can survive 3 years into the zompoc?

Last edited:

I think the show's approach was appropriate, and unavoidable. Follow the outline of the comic, while putting their own spin on it. The comics are relatively short, and some padding was always going to necessary to flesh it out into a series.

Unfortunately, the writers are just plain awful. Add to that, a terrible cast, and some truly terrible production values, and you have the shit sandwich that is The Walking Dead.

I think the show's approach was appropriate, and unavoidable. Follow the outline of the comic, while putting their own spin on it. The comics are relatively short, and some padding was always going to necessary to flesh it out into a series.

Unfortunately, the writers are just plain awful. Add to that, a terrible cast, and some truly terrible production values, and you have the shit sandwich that is The Walking Dead.

What the show suffers from is too much padding though. The 16 episode seasons are too much and not that I believe that the comic book is some sort of genius creation but I think the shortness of the comics would have made for a more streamlined and evenly paced tv show.

Any of the "original" plot lines that the writers created for padding were either horrible (The Wolves, Garbage Pail Kids), misplaced and underdeveloped (Slabtown, Oceanside - yes mentioned in the comic but never shown though) or plainly too short (Terminus/The Hunters, The Living (Randall's Group)).

Last edited:
What the show suffers from is too much padding though. The 16 episode seasons are too much and I believe the shortness of the comics would have made for a more streamlined and evenly paced tv show.

No doubt. It's partly why season 1 is so tight.

I think with a better group of writers, they could make it work though. Far better than it has been, at least. In fairness, I think part of the show's complacency can be blamed on the fans though. The show has been downright awful for quite some time(portions of season 3 to season 4 and on, is pretty terrible), but yet people looked past all the GLARING problems with the show, and loved it in spite of them, and would call critics of the show "haters", who were just shitting on the show to troll. The producers never had any reason to put an effort in, because it was successful regardless of how stupid it got.

Better late than never I guess, but for those who are just now starting to think the show has gotten bad, I have to ask what show they've been watching for past few years, because it's been this bad for a while now.

I loved Season 2 (and Season 4B/Season 5; except the Tornado episode). The Sophia reveal in Season 2 was the best scene in the series and the tension between Rick and Shane can never be repeated again. It made the season and the show.
I wanted Shane to live, it would have been way better to let him go off on his own and then bring him back later on, like how they brought Morgan back

it would have been dope

What makes that scene even more retarded is with the garbage heaps, the Garbage Pail Kids had the frigging high ground on Simon and Co LOL. They had the tactical advantage both in offense and defense...They had the weaponry...why in the world would they mass together on the ground instead of setting up an armed perimeter across the peaks of the garbage heaps and then let Simon in? LOL like WTF. And these are the people who the writers are expecting us to believe can survive 3 years into the zompoc?

Also you like how she stopped putting on an act and talking normal when all her people died? she didnt have that weird talking when Rick came by

Are we gonna act like FTWD season 3 isnt arguably the best season of any of the TWD shows ever?

FTWD have been killing it ever since season 2B, with season 3 being the Opus of both the shows.

Too bad season 4 is gonna be ruined.

FTWD jumped the shark when everyone pretended like the serial killer was a good guy and protected him after killing numerous innocent people. Were not talking about some normal guy killing people in self defense\questionable situations. He wasn't even like Bricks son just trying to survive and make it in the this cruel world.

They meet him and he's experimenting and executing people he captures. Is just about to execute Nick before being saved. Then Nick forgives him because who doesn't forgive the guy killing innocent people, his own people he thought he was leading to freedom, and almost killing his GF. The guy proceed to kill an innocent family with fucking children and again everyone keeps it under wraps. He then brings a zombie herd destroys the farm almost get's Nicks sister killed and again Nick wants to protect him. The show seriously jumped the shark with that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back