Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait till the whisperers show up.

They are gonna drain that storyline for all it's worth and then some.

Since the beginning it's been:
  • Just wait for the Prison
  • Just wait for the Governor
  • Just wait for Negan
And now it's
  • Just wait for the Whisperers

There's an actual character named 'Gimple'?
<JagsKiddingMe>
If I understand correctly, gimple is the fuck boy that took over the walking dead when darabont left.

Which is why S1E1 was so good and eerie. I still remember Rick and Morgan in that house with candles and car alarms going off. Was creepy as fuck. Now we have negan talking about shitting in skivvies

I would have thought Negan and his bunch would have been ready for the attack.

Since the beginning it's been:
  • Just wait for the Prison
  • Just wait for the Governor
  • Just wait for Negan
And now it's
  • Just wait for the Whisperers

I'm a fan of the comic/show and that shit still irks me when people say it about any show. "Oh, it gets better". No, it probably doesn't.

Even more so when the actual cast does shit like that: "This next season is gonna blow you away/Lauren Cohan was physically ill when reading the script/Andrew Lincoln cried when filming X episode" - then it winds up mediocre.

It's like come on, man. I get that fans are excited about these specific arcs, but don't expect everyone else to think they're the second coming. I'd much rather tell someone "Oh, you didn't like it? Well maybe it's not for you and that's cool" than "Oh but wait! Watch the NEXT episode!"

It's kind of amazing how FTWD eclipsed the main show in terms of quality.

Of course that will probably change now that Gimp has taken over as the exec producer of that show, too.

The episode last night was alright.

Negan should have been sniped as soon as he walked out that door though. But I imagine they are going to draw this "war" out for at least half the season.

This episode was okay. Glad to see people getting things done, even if they can’t seem to kill Negan when they easily have the chance to. I hope it doesn’t devolve into entire episodes about side characters I don’t give a shit about but I expect it to.

I am a fan of Negan and Jeffrey Dean Morgan but the character does feel out of place on the show. Like a Burton Batman character in a Nolan Batman movie.

I’m able to watch the episodes as they air for the first time in years since I have cable again due to a Rogers promotion. I didn’t miss the commercials every 5 seconds and the post show bullshit where everyone needs to discuss the show over screaming fans. Take it easy and just be a TV show for God’s sake.

If only Rick would actually attempt to kill Negan instead of monologuing how bad he wants to kill him. Uuughhh....

As long as I was focused on watching my phone while watching, the entertainment value was acceptable but when I was focused on the show, it was hilariously poor.

- Why did Rick cheat when he counted down for the shooting when he had so many chances before to shoot Negan? Why even talk at all?

- Why did Negan decide to go camping after the shooting and he had escaped?

- Doesn’t Carl have anything better to do than walking around looking miserable while the others are at war?

With this type of setting, I think I'd prefer to have the creative freedom rather than have to follow the outline of a comic. Unfortunately Gimple will be joining the FTWD team. I'm sure he will manage to kill the momentum the show has gained.

That sucks. Season 3 of FTWD was great.

I keep watching but this show is sooooooooo bad. It would be great if they all die in a giant battle and they just end the show.

It's kind of amazing how FTWD eclipsed the main show in terms of quality.

Of course that will probably change now that Gimp has taken over as the exec producer of that show, too.

Who the hell is that Gimp and he is he so shitty? Can't he just die?

Judging by the slow number of responses in this thread, the show has really taken a nose dive and no one cares anymore about the shitshow

Oh dude, you can go so way deeper than that. Rick's daughter is like 2 years old. How in the f*** are they putting air in the tires of all these vehicles? You see abandoned vehicles sitting on inflated tires all over the place. I don't care what vehicle you have, if you leave a vehicle not moving for a solid year it's going to be sitting on its rims

Tires do not deflate that quickly unless you have leaks. I had a project car that sat for 5.5 years and all four tires were still inflated for example without me ever adding air to them. 12v compressors are super common. 120/240v compressors are even more common and Alexandria has generators/electricity so it's not a stretch to think they could have an air compressor among all those garages...

I had to laugh at the group standing there with all those weapons while Negan is just there with a bat talking. Simply open fire and the leader of the saviors and everyone else standing on the platform with him would have been dead in a second at most. I know they have to drag out the story line though...I suppose Father Gabriel is conveniently out of bullets now that he's in the trailer with Negan as well.

Judging by the slow number of responses in this thread, the show has really taken a nose dive and no one cares anymore about the shitshow
There was a time where @Peteyandjia had to shit out these threads every week because they reached capacity.

I think peteys walking dead thread from season 6 can still be found chugging along trying to fill.

I really dont understand the interest in saying this show sucks every season. The show is fine.

That said, did ANYONE die in all that shit? All i remember is Negan doing a funny dance while ducking for cover.
Eugene, simon, gavin, greggory, and everyone of ricks peeps. Did i forget something, but did anyone die?

Lol at Negan coming out with a baseball bat when Rick's crew had assault rifles.
It looks like the writers gave up and wants Negan to be invincible.

There's no threat anymore because of shit like this.

How long do you think this show will last? I predict another 3 seasons - there's enough fans that will watch til the end.

Turrible.

>Stealthily execute Negan's watch dogs at their posts while going unnoticed
>Blow shit up, lead an army of walkers towards Negan while going unnoticed
>Negan and his most important accomplices standing unarmed, 50 feet from you while you have countless assault rifles ready to blow them away? Talk shit, shoot no one.

1.5/10 and that's my honest score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back