Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know (which isn't very far in this regard) one of the main reasons was Kirkman didn't like the changes he was making. The CDC plotline (Kirkman doesnt want to explore the technical side of the "virus", nor the origin), as well as some of the zombies displaying more advanced behavior (such as smashing the window with a rock). I've heard Darabont can be a nightmare to work with, but he had great rapport with the bulk of the main cast in season 1. Enough that some (Laurie Holden and Jeffery DeMunn in particular) wanted out once he left. Seems the only bigger loss would have been Kirkman himself.
Thanks for that info. I liked the CDC plot line. I HATED the zombie smashing a window with a rock. That was so outside the "rules" of the franchise, plus there's zero continuity with that. I guess his thinking outside the box paid off at points, but overall I'd side with Kirkman, because in order to play the game you have to know the rules first.

Thanks for that info. I liked the CDC plot line. I HATED the zombie smashing a window with a rock. That was so outside the "rules" of the franchise, plus there's zero continuity with that. I guess his thinking outside the box paid off at points, but overall I'd side with Kirkman, because in order to play the game you have to know the rules first.
You are welcome! Although again, I'm no authority on the situation.
I'd be interested to see what could have happened had they achieved some sort of harmony. Darabonts talent for the screen with Kirkman holding the ultimate say in any big changes or deviations. I have no doubt we'd be watching a much better show right now. For any that would point to season 2 as evidence to the contrary, Darabont was in a frenzy over the quality of the second season.

Jeffery Dahmer Jr could have been a good sadistic character but he got cut real quick.

The rules change as they go along. In season one, Morgan's zombie wife returns to their home and turns the door knob on the front door for example. There was a walker or two climbing the fence in a scene in Atlanta in the first season also.

Who do you thenk they will bring back next? I say the Vatoz
according to the show cannon, already dead. Killed by the Governor in a deleted scene. I think they've addressed it in interviews.

according to the show cannon, already dead. Killed by the Governor in a deleted scene. I think they've addressed it in interviews.

Ah yeah I alread forgot about that, its funny Morales was back for only an episode looks like they just paid homage to the endless troll rumors that Morales will be back.

The rules change as they go along. In season one, Morgan's zombie wife returns to their home and turns the door knob on the front door for example. There was a walker or two climbing the fence in a scene in Atlanta in the first season also.
That was outside the rules Kirkman had already established and it never should have happened. That was Darabont 100% and that seems like a good reason to have him gone.

That was outside the rules Kirkman had already established and it never should have happened. That was Darabont 100% and that seems like a good reason to have him gone.

I think I could put up with some negligible inconsistencies like that one, in favor of a strong narrative structure that Darabont brought to the fold.

The show would not be anywhere near as unbearable as it is right now, with Darabont at the helm. A bad episode would be the exception, not the rule.

Last edited:
I think I could put up with some negligible inconsistencies like that one, in favor of a strong narrative structure that Darabont brought to the fold.

The show would not be anywhere near as unbearable as it is right now, with Darabont at the helm. A bad episode would be the exception, not the rule.
Some of the best seasons took place after he left. I just can't abide by the rules being wishy washy. If I have to pick one extreme or the other, I'll ride with Kirkman. But in a perfect world, Darabont would learn to play within the rules.

Yeah I watched but what can I say? It feels like everyone involved just cares less each episode. I missed the first 15 minutes but I doubt I missed much. The funniest moment for me watching Carol so half-heartedly stabbing the zombies in the head while walking down the tracks. My wife’s prediction a week ago summed up the episode pretty well. “The tiger dies, Ezekiel becomes a bitch.”

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that. Show has steadily declined since Season 3.
Darabont left after season 1. Show was still strong after that, even if seasons 2 and 3 were better than 4-6. The show started to fall off in season 7 and continuing in season 8. It's the natural progression of a show. I think even if Darabont had stayed on, it would have been inevitable.

Darabont left after season 1. Show was still strong after that, even if seasons 2 and 3 were better than 4-6. The show started to fall off in season 7 and continuing in season 8. It's the natural progression of a show. I think even if Darabont had stayed on, it would have been inevitable.

Why is that? Are they intentionally slacking knowing that we retards will still continue to watch it at this point as some sort of morbid curiosity? I am really asking a serious question because a lot of TV shows somehow turns to shit its not like we just got bored and fed up with it we still want to see the show we want it to be better.

And its not like they are running out of ideas, they have a fucking whole comic series to based it on.

Are they just so focused on just getting paid at this point that they are now hiring Monkeys on crack to write the script and story line?

Darabont left after season 1.

Not technically. His level of involvement in Season 2 is a bit of a mystery, but he was there for filming of the first episode in official capacity, and left sometime after that. However there were already scripts written under his watch, and it's fair to say he had quite a bit of input and control for at least the general framing of that season. Season 3 is when he was not involved in any official capacity.

Show was still strong after that, even if seasons 2 and 3 were better than 4-6. The show started to fall off in season 7 and continuing in season 8. It's the natural progression of a show. I think even if Darabont had stayed on, it would have been inevitable.

I think the cracks really showed in season 3. It was a mixed bag, and had early hints of the stupid shit and unbearable amounts of filler, that we've become accustomed to now.

I highly doubt under Darabont's watch, that the show would be the embarrassment it is right now.

That Garbage woman is pretty hot, best body on the show a tall drink of water she as probably a model before
Pollyanna.jpg

blame it on brain rot

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that. Show has steadily declined since Season 3.
the idiots made the events in season 3 drag out alot longer then they needed to and carried that shit plot into season 4. The Governor arc should've been easy enough to follow where they didn't need a crack team of writers to completely butcher the plot from the books. That arc was pretty straight forward from the get go and minus the rape, castration, and Rick losing a hand could've been made to work on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back