Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS) | Page 35

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by ctrlaltdelete, Oct 22, 2017.

1. TheNinja Silver Belt

TheNinja
    I agree 100%. The "no spoilers" is only for those who have read the comics or read leaks online. If you come into a thread it's assumed you've watched the show. We are free to discuss anything about the show at that point.
    You don't go into a thread about the Star Wars movie and then bitch about "no spoilers dude" when someone mentions Vader is Luke's father.

Peteyandjia and SmilinDesperado like this.
  2. TheNinja Silver Belt

TheNinja
    I know they don't HAVE to follow the comics. But in the comics the tiger does get killed by a bunch of zombies when saving Ezekiel. So basically they killed her off the same way on the show as the comics. However she wrecks a ton of shit before being taken down. In the show she shows up after they are basically already out of the pit and just smacks 1 zombie and then proceeds to just growl at them and crouch down. It was stupid.

Carol Bourne? lol - nice! Ya, she needs to work on her planning skills.

And totally agree with the Rick jumping scene. I commented a bit earlier but why the hell did he jump into the truck? Did he not have a gun? Was he hoping to take control of the truck so it didn't crash?

SmilinDesperado likes this.
  3. shunK-1fan Musashi by Decision

shunK-1fan
    ep 4 Highlights
    [​IMG] These extras SUCK ! :)
    [​IMG] " We are ONE " stfu
    [​IMG] Ace Ventura looking mofo now smh
    [​IMG] fucking shoulderpads. Sick of these.
    [​IMG] of course ! Must be the only show where bullets are slower than swords.
    [​IMG] more unlimited ammos
    [​IMG] Zombies know how to open doors now.
    [​IMG] just climb the damn fence assholes
    [​IMG] nope, not shooting now
    [​IMG] i'll wait until he's on the passenger seat.
    [​IMG] just casually looking and chatting with your king while he's fighting his ass off,
    [​IMG] then yelling : YOU'RE MY KING.

hahahah i love this show.

4. Mungoose Kitty Whisperer

Mungoose
    Yoy are good. That's no comic spoilers, and no production spoilers. You can discuss anything that's been aired. Who the fuck goes into a thread about an episode that has already aired complaining about spoilers?

TheNinja and SmilinDesperado like this.
  5. ShinkanPo Queen of Bad Jokes!

ShinkanPo
    The guy got split in half damn.

TheNinja likes this.
  6. Bloody Pulp Silver Belt

Bloody Pulp
    I just wish they’d spring for actual blanks instead of CGI’ing muzzle flashes and adding gun noises to motionless prop guns being held by motionless actors while full auto shooting.

lifelessheap and TheNinja like this.
  7. Mungoose Kitty Whisperer

Mungoose
    Thid is an odd statement. Had you worded this as entirely constrained you'd be correct. But I don't understand how anyone could claim a show that literally follows the outline of its comic book source material "isn't constrained by the comic at all". It absolutely is, just not entirely.
    That gives them a small measure of freedom. Thats not even close to having the same artistic freedom you'd have writing the show from scratch.

TheNinja likes this.
  8. Mungoose Kitty Whisperer

Mungoose
    Yes, they have strayed from the source material. And yet they are still bound to it. Just not entirely. It's not about "takes" or "perpectives". A show that follows a preconstructed outline (even when they take some liberties) doesn't have the same artistic freedom as show created from scratch. This is a fact.

The first season of FTWD was terrible. I'd say it doesn't get good until season 3. Others may have enjoyed season 2 more.

TheNinja likes this.
  9. SmilinDesperado Black Belt

SmilinDesperado
    Constrained implies that there is no choice.
    The show is based on the comic, but there doesn't seem to be any mandate that they MUST include certain stories or characters, or that a certain % of the show has to be faithful to the comic.
    So no, I don't think they are constrained. There are things from the comics that they want to do, but then there's also other stuff that they don't want to do. The choice seems to be entirely up to the writers.

Jackie Blue, TheNinja and Mungoose like this.
  10. Mungoose Kitty Whisperer

Mungoose
    The point being the broad strokes are in place. There is a preset format they have to follow. The last cat that tried to change things too much got canned (Darabont). And he wasn't some scrub, the guy has a lot of sway.
    This isnt really subjective. A show with a prewritten source material that is followed pretty faithfully (even if it's the main beats, the broadstrokes) simply does not have the same freedom as a show from scratch. This is factual, and a fairly simple concept to grasp. I can't tell if you're intentionally being a contrarion to confound me.

11. ShinkanPo Queen of Bad Jokes!

ShinkanPo

I love season 1 and 3 of Fear Walking dead.

Season 2 is almost unbearable its like "The love boat" with zombies.

Mungoose likes this.
  12. Mungoose Kitty Whisperer

Mungoose
    Not really. Constrained implies "compelled to move in a certain direction" among other things. You worded it "not constrained at all". That is factually incorrect. They may choose a different route here and there, or change some of the characters a bit. Maybe even add or exclude characters. But they are absolutely compelled to move this story in a certain direction. Andrea was so different (from her CB character) she may as well have had a different name. But notice we still have most of the same characters filling similar roles as their counterparts. Almost all the main plot beats are there. That's the very definition (at least one of them) of constrained.

Andrea was one of the biggest changes, along with the Terminus stuff. But that's not even close to being able to create entirely new casts of characters with completely new settings. All the while not having to keep your pieces (characters) in place for the next big beat that they won't deviate from.

cmw43 likes this.
  13. Mungoose Kitty Whisperer

Mungoose
    I don't even think I've watched most of season 2. Once they started to settle at that Mexican compound I stopped watching. It was not a very compelling story. I may try and go back through it all. I just don't have the time to waste hoping it won't be as mediocre as it was the first time.

Jackie Blue likes this.
  14. Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae

Peteyandjia

They can't just "climb the damn fence", there is barbed wire at the top. It's not like they are wearing full body armor and shoulder pa-- oh.

15. Jackie Blue Black Belt

Jackie Blue
    Is that really why Darabont got canned? I never heard that cited as a reason.

Mungoose likes this.
  16. cmw43 Bad Boys Club

cmw43
    I figured Jerry was too fat to climb and Zeke had a poorly ankle.

They never seem to have made any use of the armour at all.

Jackie Blue, Peteyandjia and TheNinja like this.
  17. Mungoose Kitty Whisperer

Mungoose
    As far as I know (which isn't very far in this regard) one of the main reasons was Kirkman didn't like the changes he was making. The CDC plotline (Kirkman doesnt want to explore the technical side of the "virus", nor the origin), as well as some of the zombies displaying more advanced behavior (such as smashing the window with a rock). I've heard Darabont can be a nightmare to work with, but he had great rapport with the bulk of the main cast in season 1. Enough that some (Laurie Holden and Jeffery DeMunn in particular) wanted out once he left. Seems the only bigger loss would have been Kirkman himself.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Jackie Blue and cmw43 like this.
  18. Mungoose Kitty Whisperer

Mungoose
    No armor needed. Just a shirt that says NOT A ZOMBIE. The bullets will bounce right off, or veer around them.

phillys-finest, Jackie Blue and cmw43 like this.
  19. Loiosh Detective

Loiosh
    This show is pretty bad, but I never miss it, and never will.

It's post apocalyptic.

With eternal gas and self-manicuring lawns.

20. Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae

Peteyandjia
    Well, at least it looks completely retarded.

Son of Jamin likes this.