Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS) | Page 33

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by ctrlaltdelete, Oct 22, 2017.

1. HereticBD Gold Belt

HereticBD
    It's funny, I can remember that excuse being used for another shitty show, that's been gradually tanking. I think it's on Mondays in the evening...

LuchaBear likes this.
  2. LuchaBear The Last Son Of Harpy

LuchaBear
    The tiger was fucking stupid and looked like shit. It somehow dodged bullets the whole time or nobody thought to shoot at it. It just makes everyone look real stupid.

XalexinchainsX and Jackie Blue like this.
  3. tru3f4n Black Belt

tru3f4n
    It'd be nice if they would stop doing the damn flash back & flash forward scenes in every fucking episode thats like 15mins of filler shit per episode that could've been put in the first episode as a lead up to the AoW.

LuchaBear and ctrlaltdelete like this.
  4. Jackie Blue Black Belt

Jackie Blue
    The ratings would have to be really low before the show would ever be cancelled. Breaking Bad went off the air because Vince Gilligan knew he was running out of ideas and didn't want to ruin the legacy of the show. Robert Kirkman has said he wants to do 20+ seasons. He just doesn't give a shit.

The ratings could be cut in half and that'd be more than enough. And I think there are enough hardcores to keep the show afloat that long...

5. Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae

Peteyandjia
    Mindhunters is awesome

6. HereticBD Gold Belt

HereticBD
    *Mindhunter

Some poor folks are going to wind up on the History Network, watching a show about psychic Gypsy crime fighters of the 18th century.

Peteyandjia likes this.
  7. Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae

Peteyandjia
    I don't think that's necessarily a fair way to put it, Vince actually always said from the very beginning that he wanted 4 or 5 seasons. AMC asked him to extend Breaking Bad as the show started to blow up, but he said no. So not really a case of running out of ideas (as the brilliant Better Call Saul has shown), but more like having 5 seasons WAS his idea. And he stuck to it.

XalexinchainsX likes this.
  8. Mungoose Kitty Whisperer

Mungoose
    I believe the true gem lies in FTWD. There is so much they can do with the setting. Them not being restricted to the comic allows for so many possibilities to explore. A creative team of people could keep it interesting for years to come.

9. TheNinja Silver Belt

TheNinja
    I didn't mind the episode but it wasted a lot of time to basically show us

1. King got all his people killed and has to admit he's a fraud
    2. Carol is a special forces soldier
    3. Rick and Daryl got the big guns
    4. Shiva died

I didn't need 5 minutes of Carol in a shootout. Or 10 minutes of some hick taking Ezekiel to the compound (who didn't see that death coming....some random scrub was not going to kill their main character) and then 10 more minutes of Jerry and Zeke walking around. Though I do like Jerry.
    It just seemed like they drug the scenes on a bit to much IMO. I wish Shiva would have wrecked shop a bit more. She went down pretty easily.

10. marioh Black Belt

marioh
    I keep trying to hype FTWD in these threads since it's a much better show at this point in time.
    No stupid source material to follow, ability to have characters who aren't good or bad, ability to explore scenarios which the other show can't/won't.

Regard this past TWD episode, I did like how that guy got cut in half by the axe. After seeing him with that huge axe, it was good to see Jerry finally put it to good use.

I'm thinking Carol is looking for some king sized cawk. That'll make any woman smile.

Eazy123 and Mungoose like this.
  11. XalexinchainsX Yellow Card

XalexinchainsX
    LOL! Nice attempt there. I wonder if Don issued a statement and this huge drop is because cons have tuned out

<{Heymansnicker}>

The problem we face is that despite the viewership drop, the number is still respectable. Therefore, Greg Nicotino and all those cans will not change things up like they should. Not until things go a lot further downhill which I totally expect with these writers.

12. adam199 Purple Belt

adam199
    I really wish more show runners would think this way. Stories are supposed to end. That's why I like True Detective and the anthology format.

TheNinja and Peteyandjia like this.
  13. Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae

Peteyandjia
    I also think of The Shield and Six Feet Under as great examples of shows that just had a perfect, purposely finite length, which leads to a more impactful overall singular story, and also their finales being actual highpoints, instead of long-overdue mercy killings.

14. HereticBD Gold Belt

HereticBD
    Coincidental. If I wanted your attention, I would've tagged you. The old "cord cutting" excuse has been used for years by people in denial, to defend shitty television products tanking for whatever reason. I've had this argument in the Pro-Wrestling thread for years, about Monday Night Raw's steady decline because of how shitty the show has been for over a decade now.

TWD's issue a separate one from our ESPN debate in the other thread. The Walking Dead is a drama that is turning people off with terrible writing and acting. ESPN is a sports network, which is turning people off due to their insufferable Liberal agenda.

In either case, "cord cutting" is too simple of an explanation to rationalize a very recent decline in viewership. Cord cutting didn't just start happening this past year.

LuchaBear likes this.
  15. chubbman Yellow Card

chubbman
    false,
    [​IMG]
    this guy should become negan when negan dies

16. TrueBias Black Belt

TrueBias

I actually thought the guy pushing Ezekiel was a character from the comics named Carson. He had such a specific look to him that i thought they added another character.

Shiva dies early in the comic but yeah what a weak way to go out. How about the saviors wound her and THEN gets mauled by walkers. Wish they had her do more though, but maybe they were aware she looked bad and just nipped it in the bud.

The other poster suggest ed Simon be negan. Hmm. ya know, he looks MORE like negan than jdm. SHIT, he's even bigger than him.

Not happening tho

TheNinja likes this.
  17. Fraz The Larry

Fraz
    I feel vindicated giving up on this turd after seeing what you guys are posting. I invested years into the show but enough is enough. I feel free now.

Some of the posts are hilarious so i'll be tuning in to this thread weekly. Infinitely more entertaining than the show now.

Peteyandjia likes this.
  18. LuchaBear The Last Son Of Harpy

LuchaBear
    Agreed. I'm hoping he ends up with Ricks crew somehow eventually. They really need some better characters in that group.

chubbman and TheNinja like this.
  19. FyrFytr998 Red Belt

FyrFytr998
    The gun fights are getting to be fucking laughable. I literally watched Carol shoot a rifle with no bolt cycle or spent case ejections. Also, the fucking .50 cal would have done more than just busted a hose.

WTF?

LuchaBear and TheNinja like this.
  20. 22k Haiku Expert

another powerful episode. I was so moved when Ezekiel broke down & screamed "I'm not your king, majesty.." etc.

that whole scene was a a beautiful visual metaphor on life. never ride the wind of success too confidently, because failure is always an option

I'm left feeling so humbled in life. this show, & its layers - each so deep & profound.

cmw43, The Diplomat and LuchaBear like this.