Wal-Mart announces 10,000+ layoffs within days of publicizing bonuses from GOP tax bill

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In a span of two weeks:
10,000 layoffs nationwide in Sam's closures
1,000 layoffs in California
500 layoffs in Arkansas

And this is despite their stock being up the past three months and receiving a windfall in the recent tax bill.

Strange that this hasn't made the rotation for certain WR posters' constant threads about the glories of the GOP tax cuts...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/w...ing-bonuses-and-benefits-expansion-2018-01-30

In a span of two weeks:
10,000 layoffs nationwide in Sam's closures
1,000 layoffs in California
500 layoffs in Arkansas

And this is despite their stock being up the past three months and receiving a windfall in the recent tax bill.

Strange that this hasn't made the rotation for certain WR posters' constant threads about the glories of the GOP tax cuts...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/w...ing-bonuses-and-benefits-expansion-2018-01-30
Why do you hate the middle class!?!

:rustled:

Man, i'm so surprised. Look at my surprised face.

<mma3>

Why do you hate the middle class!?!

:rustled:

I just regret not spamming the WR with thread topics every time there was a corporate plan announced so I could credit to Obama, and thereby force the Geeses of the world to inadvertently learn about current events.

I thought this was already talked about in the WR. Might just be me remembering it being talked about else where. Not really a good look for Walmart, but is to be expected with their other shady business dealings of the past.

1,000,000 associates got bonuses and expanded benefits.
10,000 to be laid off due to closing about 600 Sam's club stores.

This is unfortunate for people losing their jobs but perfectly normal for a business to do this. This in no way refutes the promised and delivered benefits of the Trump tax cut.

It seems obvious that some of these bonuses are propaganda designed to improve public opinion about the tax cuts.

How many of those are useless part time cashiers being replaced by much preferable robots?

Sam's Club closures have been in the works for a long time.

Sam's Club closures have been in the works for a long time.

My wife is a manager at Costco. Sams is shit, they will be all but gone in 6 years

Lol at anyone thinking this is anything but a shit company slowly going to zero

Man, i'm so surprised. Look at my surprised face.

<mma3>
These stores have been closing steadily since 2016. If a store announces a closure today, its not because of something that happened in the past week.

These stores have been closing steadily since 2016. If a store announces a closure today, its not because of something that happened in the past week.

Ah, gotcha.

So, taxes, those take effect and make a change retroactively because of "hope". Business closures after propaganda releases, those were always happening, nothing to see here.

Making more sense now.

Ah, gotcha.

So, taxes, those take effect and make a change retroactively because of "hope". Business closures after propaganda releases, those were always happening, nothing to see here.

Making more sense now.
You don't think business suddenly went south so badly in since Trumps speech last night that the place folded, right? They started closing in 2016, before Trump took office.

They've closed many outlets and have been steadily closing them as foot traffic in their stores declined. There are still 1000s and 1000s of active Walmart/Sams employees. The company isn't gone.

You don't think business suddenly went south so badly in since Trumps speech last night that the place folded, right? They started closing in 2016, before Trump took office.

They've closed many outlets and have been steadily closing them as foot traffic in their stores declined. There are still 1000s and 1000s of active Walmart/Sams employees. The company isn't gone.

Hey man, i'm agreeing with you, you don't have to keep on going. You learned me something good today.

Taxes, hope. Propaganda, nothing to see here.

I feel smarter already, thank broheim.

Sam's clubs have been going down the drain for quite awhile.

These types of buyers clubs have been going down for a while.

Back