Wake up calls you've received in life

fightingrabbit

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Could be small or life changing wake up calls you've received in life, regarding bad habits, money, whatever.

I've been fired from a job for being late. I've had a huge problem with oversleeping and never thought it was huge deal because I would only get warned about it. This made me think I could always get away with it. Until one day I walked in and my boss handed me my last paycheck and told me not to bother coming in anymore.

Most recently I had the bad habit of thinking I could outsmart meter maids. I would park right on the edge of a bus loading zone with my car half on the red curb because there was never parking and I figured ticketers would never bother to pull over and check. I thought I was clever and I got away with it for a few months. Then one day i walked back to my car and saw a ticket on the windshield for 200 dollars.

These were shitty experiences but taught me I need to stop thinking I can get away from being prompt and obeying rules like I could finesse my way through life. The worst part is you only have yourself to blame because all could have been avoided if I wasn't such a dumbass. But I try to see them as expensive lessons.

Last edited:
When i was in college my roommate woke me up one morning to tell me I had a call. i was of course hung over and told him to f off. he said i needed to field this one. Turns out the night before my best friend from home had been shot. It was his sister calling me. It was touch and go for a minute but he lived and recovered.

I went through a shitty divorce that changed my life

I was forced to retire as a police officer due to an injury I suffered on the job. Something I loved doing was taken away from me to soon. that was my identity its been years now and I have not found a new one yet. sucks.

Drunk driving. Sticking my dick in the wrong hole. Not looking both ways before crossing the street. Lots of near misses has caused me to reevaluate at times. Live and learn.

A couple years ago, after a particularly savage beating I gave to my girlfriend, I went for a drive around town to let the back of my hands recover.

While sitting at a red light, I saw a billboard that was about domestic violence and the toll it takes on abused spouses. I then thought "so I'm NOT supposed to hit them? Woah". My god, what an epiphany.

Later that day I found out my girlfriend left me 4 years ago. Who the hell did I hit?

I was hammered and driving home when I was 19, lost control of my car, and hit a tree at around 45 miles an hour.

I wasn't hurt at all, but should have died. I haven't driven drunk since then.

A couple years ago, after a particularly savage beating I gave to my girlfriend, I went for a drive around town to let the back of my hands recover.

While sitting at a red light, I saw a billboard that was about domestic violence and the toll it takes on abused spouses. I then thought "so I'm NOT supposed to hit them? Woah". My god, what an epiphany.

Later that day I found out my girlfriend left me 4 years ago. Who the hell did I hit?

49c348b9e89965f39abe20e81728c418.jpeg

I was smashing down a busy road with 2 lbs of MJ trying to get to my spot. A cop pulled up next to me and didn't pull me over, just gestured for me to slow down. I had music blasting and I had blazed earlier in the day. The 2 lbs was just sitting in a bag on the passenger seat too. This was back in the days when 2 lbs would get you jail time.

I took that warning from the cop as a second chance from the universe. After that I never drove high and never sped when riding dirty again.

I was smashing down a busy road with 2 lbs of MJ trying to get to my spot. A cop pulled up next to me and didn't pull me over, just gestured for me to slow down. I had music blasting and I had blazed earlier in the day. The 2 lbs was just sitting in a bag on the passenger seat too. This was back in the days when 2 lbs would get you jail time.

I took that warning from the cop as a second chance from the universe. After that I never drove high and never sped when riding dirty again.

Extremely careless, but we've all been there. I don't know about the extent of 2lbs in the front seat, but I use to roll around with my little bong in the cup holder.

Seeing The Bodies exhibit 10 years ago. One of the last items on the exhibit was a pair of smokers' lungs. I quit smoking that day and never had another cigarette.

My "friend" getting thirsty and going after my then girlfriend. This was back in college.

Drunk driving. Sticking my dick in the wrong hole. Not looking both ways before crossing the street. Lots of near misses has caused me to reevaluate at times. Live and learn.
pics of hole or it didn't happen

Last edited:
When I was 18 I got am onday morning call, from a teacher from the middle school. It appeared that they had found my pants dangeling in the only tree in the area, with my wallet inside of course. Well, I was glad to know my wallet is found, and tried to figure out whatever happened last night. Never found out, but thankfully the woman who found my pants had a son who was at the same party as me and she wasn't impressed with his performance... True story. Did'nt learn anything

When i was 17 i fucked someone in a car park and found out from her sister like 2/3 months later she miscarried my child, was a very strange feeling

March 4th, 2016 , 02:00 am , a phone call woke me up, it was a priest telling me my dad had passed away.
Couldnt sleep for the rest of the night, thinking on all the times id fked up, the shitty son id been so many times, the patience, time and belief my dad allways had with/for/in me, the several times id prefered to go out with friends instead of spending that time with my dad, getting to know him better, the things ive should had said and did, but failed for not having done ... those sorts of things.
It was a call that woke me up, but it was no wake up call, cause stupid stubborn me should have learnt this lesson long, long time ago, but im dumb mofo.
So allow me to pass this on to you, you whose parents and loved ones are still at your reach, dont be like me. Dont take them for granted, cherish them and make sure you value them and make the time you spend with them count.
Please dont send me sympathy replies, allthough i might appreciate the gesture, tbh i dont need them, want them nor like them. That is not the reason why ive shared this.
Just dont make the same errors ive made, thats all that matters.
Peace

Got hammered and fucked a NASTY skank raw and she started talking about how she hoped she gets pregnant. For the next three months i would sweat profusely just thinking about having to tell my family i got this bitch pregnant. Wrapped it up everytime since

I was forced to retire as a police officer due to an injury I suffered on the job. Something I loved doing was taken away from me to soon. that was my identity its been years now and I have not found a new one yet. sucks.

Thats one job where I can support a lifetime disability pension. I hope you are taken care of.

Back