Waiter fired after refusing to serve Latina women until he saw 'proof of residency'

Waiter was rightfully fired. What is there to discuss?

So it was a lame attempt at a joke - figured as much. Was he jokey when he was saying it or was it an all serious request where he was than gonna break into a laugh and say "just kidding" aferwards - the former lets the others in right away that it's in fun, but the latter sort of puts them on the spot and that pisses people off. I can understand why the women would think it's not funny, and maybe even talk to the manager about it - but they're trying to get their 15 minutes here by running to social media.

Story seems really off. Were they being rude to the waiter so he decided to be rude back in his own racist way? Was the waiter trying to be funny here? I just can't see how he could seriously think he could get away with this otherwise. I mean what was his end game - not serve them? Did he not think they'd go to his manager or higher?

Unless this guy is a true believer Trump nutter who was planning on calling ICE if he found an illegal or something, but bloody hell, they could be vacationing/visiting Mexicans etc.
This is SoCal, these chicks are dime a dozen here. Story is off, only sheltered people would believe that this went down like this.

So it was a lame attempt at a joke - figured as much. Was he jokey when he was saying it or was it an all serious request where he was than gonna break into a laugh and say "just kidding" aferwards - the former lets the others in right away that it's in fun, but the latter sort of puts them on the spot and that pisses people off. I can understand why the women would think it's not funny, and maybe even talk to the manager about it - but they're trying to get their 15 minutes here by running to social media.

Had something similar happen. Two 20 something techs decided to be clever and joke that a customer would be charged for something they shouldn't be. Customer, rightfully, decided they were smartasses and cancelled the work order. Gotta know when to be clever and when to be a professional. In this case it will cost him his job too...just not right away.

user_details

I wonder how many of the reviewers are trolls.

Probably just didn't want to waste his time only to get stiffed on the tip. I work in a tipping industry and if I could choose somehow to only deliver to white males I would do it and would enjoy being in a higher tax bracket.

Sex is a bigger factor than race in tipping with men outperforming women across the board but after sex, race is the next biggest indicator.

I have thousands of transactions of data and minority women are the worst tippers out there.

Probably just didn't want to waste his time only to get stiffed on the tip. I work in a tipping industry and if I could choose somehow to only deliver to white males I would do it and would enjoy being in a higher tax bracket.

Sex is a bigger factor than race in tipping with men outperforming women across the board but after sex, race is the next biggest indicator.

I have thousands of transactions of data and minority women are the worst tippers out there.

frabz-yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-being-an-asshole-so-i-put-an-asshole-in-b42ebb.jpg

My mom lives in Las Vegas and is born in Uruguay. Says she gets asked about her citizenship more often now too. She's been a republican and a conservative for 20 years.

What gives them the right? As an owner I'd fire you pretty quick. I'd probably even sue you for damaging my business' reputation.

Looks like it's another hoax/self-inflicted descrimination.

Employer who fired the guy said the waiter was joking but they fired him anyway to diffuse the situation.

Here is the "ethnic" woman who felt discriminated against in racist southern california, where she is probably in the whitest 2% of the population:

7ddd47cdb1a20eed8db563f8c1c3abb0

SJW troll

You're right it's a weird situation and I don't think we're getting the whole story. Unless you're good friends with everyone at the table that's a horrible joke to make. Waiter should be fired, not for being racist but for being a dumbass.

Edit: real story came out, see my post below.

Last edited:

Ok turns out there is a 10% discount for Huntington Beach locals and when the girls asked for separate checks the waiter asked them for ID because he didn't think they were from there. Not sure why the waiter suspected that but the girls thought it was because they were Hispanic.

Ah the whole American system of "Tipping is mandatory, except not really, but we will guilt you by paying our servers well below minimum wage".

Either charge service on the tab or pay your employees a decent wage, it undermines the whole tipping system if you are guilting people into paying tips.

Ok turns out there is a 10% discount for Huntington Beach locals and when the girls asked for separate checks the waiter asked them for ID because he didn't think they were from there. Not sure why the waiter suspected that but the girls thought it was because they were Hispanic.

Sounds more like it.

Fake victimhood.

Lol... I wish some ballsy high school dropout would ask my sister/mother for her residency. I'd replace everything on their menu with discount uppercuts.

He definitely deserved to get fired, but I think he still has a beating coming if that's how he treats people.

Discount Uppercuts is going on my tombstone when I die.

Hell post anything with a black person doing anything wrong, that has nothing to do with race or politics...and it gets to 10 pages.
If that motherfucker did that to me, I would of KO'd him....Of course we would have sherdog, claim I am racist and over exaggerated.

lol, of course you would. You can't help it

interesting. Spent a lot of time in Huntington Beach, that's where Tank Abbot came from. Nice town but it could get pretty 'rednecky'. The town is mostly white but on the weekends, lots of Whites and Hispanics populate the bars and restaurants there. Lots and lots of festivities. I'd say the Hispanics that frequent that area are the most 'assimilated' of all the Hispanics I've seen. They mix with Whites pretty seamlessly. Could be true either way.

Last edited:
and yet he got 30% of the hispanic vote? i guess im part of the 30% of self loathing hispanics.
if you're a LEGAL resident, or a LEGAL immigrant or a hispanic US Citizen, why wouldn't you want ILLEGALS out of the country?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back