Wait, people are giving Garbrandt and Dillashaw a chance at 145 lb?

shercatdog

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They are tiny for the 145 lb divison and would get ragdolled. Garbrandt is 5'6.5" with narrow shoulders. Dillashaw is even shorter at 5'5.5" and is not stocky and muscular like mendez.

Both of these guys could make 125 lb with effort and probably walk around 150-155 lb.

Any top 15 that implements wrestling on them can GNP them to TKO. Elkins would pick these guys up and dominate them on the ground.

Size difference would be comical against a big featherweight vs them.

Last edited:
Well that's your opinion.I thought Whittaker was making a stupid move going up to MW but he seems to take damage much better and is overall on point at MW.They are elite top notch fighters and would likely do very well at 145.Cody would be a normal sized FW.

Yeah, I mean people were saying McGregor was bullying featherweights. Both of them have said they can make 125. And then you have guys like Holloway who could probably fight at 170lbs. They’re way too small.

TJ is 1 inch taller and has 1 inch less of reach than Frankie.

He is still underrated somehow by most fight fans.

Well that's your opinion.I thought Whittaker was making a stupid move going up to MW but he seems to take damage much better and is overall on point at MW.They are elite top notch fighters and would likely do very well at 145.Cody would be a normal sized FW.
Thats different. Whittaker is 6ft and thats, give or take an inch, the average MWs height. Whittaker had power at 170 and the guys hes fighting may be slightly bigger but not close to the discrepancy that TJ and Cody would have against 145ers. Before you post a picture between Rockhold and Whittaker, know that Rockhold outsizes anyone at MW. Imagine a staredown between little TJ and a guy like Zabit Magomedsharipov or Holloway.

Their talent would make up some of the difference making them top 15.

Wait, hold on a minute here, you're talkin' about the who and the what now. What's the big idea?

That’s just like your opinion man

TJ can bulk up to be a decent sized FW. Cody not so much.

' Most likely natural weight, so chances, yes. '
- Tze

I’ve always thought the gap between BW and FW biggest difference in terms of body composition in the smaller weight classes. FW and LW can be interchangeable at a higher lever to a certain degree. Whereas FLW and BW can be. Simple way is Big FW could be Small-Med LW and the size difference wouldn’t be too detrimental. Frankie/Conor are a good example.

A lot of LW and FW fighters have similar frames and larger FW I could see putting on a bit of muscle and fighting at LW as well as med-small LW fighting at FW.
A BW like Cruz is quite wiry and uses that in his style where adding extra muscle to be a FW could compromise that. Adding muscle to someone like TJ I’d see as detrimental.

Yeah, I mean people were saying McGregor was bullying featherweights. Both of them have said they can make 125. And then you have guys like Holloway who could probably fight at 170lbs. They’re way too small.

Holloway is skinny and has like a 69 inch reach, who the fuck is he gonna beat at 170?

Literally mid tier guys like Neil Magny would maul him

TJ said he has to actively eat more in order to walk around at 150. I think Cody said he walks around 147 or something like that. So yeah, that is pretty small for FW. The smallest FW is probably Frankie who walks around 156.

Side Note: WAR Edgar

I’ve always thought the gap between BW and FW biggest difference in terms of body composition in the smaller weight classes. FW and LW can be interchangeable at a higher lever to a certain degree. Whereas FLW and BW can be. Simple way is Big FW could be Small-Med LW and the size difference wouldn’t be too detrimental. Frankie/Conor are a good example.

A lot of LW and FW fighters have similar frames and larger FW I could see putting on a bit of muscle and fighting at LW as well as med-small LW fighting at FW.
A BW like Cruz is quite wiry and uses that in his style where adding extra muscle to be a FW could compromise that. Adding muscle to someone like TJ I’d see as detrimental.
Lol Edgar is a bad example of a big FW who'd be a medium LW. The dude only had to take a modest shit after eating a full breakfast at Denny's to make 155.

I doubt they would want to go up to FW. There's a reason why they are more suited for BW. Both of them are good at BW, if it ain't broke....

TJ can bulk up to be a decent sized FW. Cody not so much.

I wouldn't say TJ can be a decent size FW--i think he'd be similar in size to Frankie even after bulking, which is to say he'd be a small FW--but he has a better frame for FW than Cody, and his skills would carry him a long way. He'd be able to hang at FW.

That said, even though TJ has a similar frame to Edgar, he doesn't have a career of dealing with taller and heavier fighters like Edgar does, so I suspect TJ would struggle for a bit at FW until he gets used to the difference in range and weight, but he could do it.

I'd love to see it some day, though.

Back