W40K Inquisitor Martyr alpha gameplay (VERY alpha)

It is slow moving. Very slow. Fun though.
I probably wouldn't care once I was playing it, but the setting is what would initially draw me in. This thread has motivated me to find ebooks for the Inquisition War Trilogy by Ian Watson, I only ever read the first book in the series a lonnnnnnnng time ago

Have you read the Ravenor Trilogy and the Eisenhorn omnibus?

Have you read the Ravenor Trilogy and the Eisenhorn omnibus?
I know I have read some other 40k novels but I don't believe I have read any trilogies. I'm already totally engrossed rereading this first book of the Inquisition War again (Draco) and so much of it I'd forgotten about entirely. The writing style is a bit hit and miss but it has adult content which I wasn't expecting, I figured it must've been teen-reading but I was wrong.

I will get all those ^^ thanks

There's an event on at the moment where you collect skulls to unlock a skull mask cosmetic item. You'll get to keep it after the wipe before release in a few days.

The event ends June 4th.

I probably wouldn't care once I was playing it, but the setting is what would initially draw me in. This thread has motivated me to find ebooks for the Inquisition War Trilogy by Ian Watson, I only ever read the first book in the series a lonnnnnnnng time ago

Eisenhorn novels are IMO the best books on the Inquisition.

So i popped into my local EB Games to preorder something and I saw the Xbox Jewel Case for this game on the "Coming soon" promotional display.

The price tag was about $80 fucking dollars Canadian. I couldn't believe it. I have been playing this since day one on the PC and watched it go through all the stages of development, and even based on what I see now, this game is still just a $50 dollar game IMO. I told the dude that and he said that the Price tag may be just a temporary place holder and may not be accurate.

I'm a big enough of a WH40K fan to buy the game twice, but not at that price. I'm still waiting on the Xbox version of Spacehulk Deathwing too, which I am starting to think is a no-go.

I don't know much about PC games, but to me it's still unfinished, so how can they be releasing the Xbox version next week if the PC version is still basically a Beta?

So i popped into my local EB Games to preorder something and I saw the Xbox Jewel Case for this game on the "Coming soon" promotional display.

The price tag was about $80 fucking dollars Canadian. I couldn't believe it. I have been playing this since day one on the PC and watched it go through all the stages of development, and even based on what I see now, this game is still just a $50 dollar game IMO. I told the dude that and he said that the Price tag may be just a temporary place holder and may not be accurate.

I'm a big enough of a WH40K fan to buy the game twice, but not at that price. I'm still waiting on the Xbox version of Spacehulk Deathwing too, which I am starting to think is a no-go.

I don't know much about PC games, but to me it's still unfinished, so how can they be releasing the Xbox version next week if the PC version is still basically a Beta?
From what I've read Spacehulk Deathwing is flat out canceled for Xbox 1 and Inquisitor has been delayed for consoles but still releases for PC this week. Pretty disappointed since I mostly game on Xbox but I guess I'll just get them for PC since it's my only option at this point.

Edit: Also steam is having a sale on warhammer and warhammer 40K games right now so it's a good time to grab them if you want the PC versions.

The game has launched now to server issues and lulz. Trying out the Psyker class this time and he fuckin' rocks.

It’s alrigmy character feels like a beast. Wrecks everything

I wonder how long they will actively support this title as we move into the future and sales start to curtail, but I like the sound of their plans.

Can't wait till they release an edition with Tyranids!! (If that is in their plan)

I bought this game knowing it gets very mixed reviews and is still a bugfest on consoles, but I'm really liking it so far on my One X.
I'm amazed at how much randomized endgame is in this package (though I still gotta get to all that stuff). The whole 'create your own missions' thing sounds like a blast. The pace is indeed a lot slower, but I don't hold it against the game. Not everything has to play at breakneck Diablo speed.
Not sure the pricetag is justified right now, but I think this is a very solid ARPG with a couple of hotfixes. Especially if the devs are gonna give us two years of support and new content. Would be nice.

Back