Shoop VOTING THREAD: UFC 229 - MS Paint Contest - This round is OVER

Please vote for your Top 20

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Entry #14 has been disqualified.
and now his watch is over
NO!

You don't win 3 straight championship paint competitionz (6 straight competitionz won) & get out of the finalz on your defense.
This is a pre-lim round. You don't kick your champ out for playing along & participating.

On the real, he did not even need to compete in order to be advanced & defend.

If @Cowboy Cerroliveira is the one who made the mistake (& I waz pretty sure that waz his when I saw it) then I hereby officially denounce my spot in the finale in place of him being in the finale. FTW... You don't kick teh champ, champ, champ out of the final on a technicality during the prelims. FFS we're only eliminating 2... so if he's one of them then I take his place. That's a done deal.

Someone post it here... I want to see it again damn it.

Last edited:
@jei I think there was a rule last contest against tracing, is that rule no longer in affect? I didn't find it on this contests rule list, or maybe I'm confusing it with another contest.
• Your Entry must be 100% drawn in MS Paint, and no templates or external sources are to be used.

@ everyone

buff-goat-rider-didnt-vote-gif.452831

by @bigwaverider

NO!

You don't win 3 straight championship paint competitionz (6 straight competitionz won) & get out of the finalz on your defense.
This is a pre-lim round. You don't kick your champ out for playing along & participating.

On the real, he did not even need to compete in order to be advanced & defend.

If @Cowboy Cerroliveira is the one who made the mistake (& I waz pretty sure that waz his when I saw it) then I hereby officially denounce my spot in the finale in place of him being in the finale. FTW... You don't kick teh champ, champ, champ out of the final on a technicality during the prelims. FFS we're only eliminating 2... so if he's one of them then I take his place. That's a done deal.

Someone post it here... I want to see it again damn it.

It would have been a bad precedent to have a story board shoop allowed for anyone. It is not a technicality. It is clear as a bell in the rules and is part of the heart and soul of this competition. It was a MAJOR rule violation.

• Single frame, static images only. This means no storyboard drawings in any way, shape or form.

As of this point I don't know who he is. Only @jei does since he is holding the competition. His name will not be revealed. He is not DQ'd from the competition, but his entry is. He will start next round with zero points and will be available as an alternate.

haha. You need to post the other one too. :)

It would have been a bad precedent
good point
He is not DQ'd from the competition, but his entry is. He will start next round with zero points and will be available as an alternate.
Agreed, but not an alternate. The Champ Champ Champ... might not be able to win this prelim... but he should not be excluded from the finale.

The champ champ champ shouldn't even be required to participate in the prelim to begin with.

Last edited:
good point
Agreed. The Champ Champ Champ... might not be able to win this prelim... but he should not be excluded from the finale.

Well the problem is that he didn't make the top 20 so he won't advance. but he is available as an alternate.

2 minutes remaining.

@jei

Since voting is now over I believe can I call out my shoop and explain what it was?

@jei

Since voting is now over I believe can I call out my shoop and explain what it was?
Yes, anyone can discuss their own shoop now if they want. I am going to make a wrap post and edit the original post to include vote totals and identify the shoops, but there's a live Bellator event so I'm covering that now.

Yes, anyone can discuss their own shoop now if they want. I am going to make a wrap post and edit the original post to include vote totals and identify the shoops, but there's a live Bellator event so I'm covering that now.

@jei
pg15.jpg

4)
5RPuvpA.png

*****My shoop and an explanation of it*****

This was supposed to be in reference to Conors antics at the pre fight press conference where to most, including myself, he appeared a bit ...well let's just say he enjoys a coke and a smile.

What we have here is UFC 229 training camp being held in Dagestan (where Khabib is from) and Khabib fighting a bear to prepare for UFC 229, whereas Conor is snorting coke off a bears booty wolf of wall street style to prepare.

I was hoping people would catch on but either it didn't make sense to most or it just wasn't funny. Better luck next time.

Edit:

@Moral Victory

4)
5RPuvpA.png

*****My shoop and an explanation of it*****

This was supposed to be in reference to Conors antics at the pre fight press conference where to most, including myself, he appeared a bit ...well let's just say he enjoys a coke and a smile.

What we have here is UFC 229 training camp being held in Dagestan (where Khabib is from) and Khabib fighting a bear to prepare for UFC 229, whereas Conor is snorting coke off a bears booty wolf of wall street style to prepare.

I was hoping people would catch on but either it didn't make sense to most or it just wasn't funny. Better luck next time.

Edit:

@Moral Victory

I didn't understand it but I voted for it because it was good art work. BWR approved.

Good work, everybody, and I'm happy to say that 20 of you have moved on. While two of you are eliminated, but that does not mean your MS Paint shooping days are over for this tournament. The two of you who fell below the threshold can still be alternates for the Final Round next month, including the entrant disqualified this round.

To those of you who failed to enter in the first round and still want to participate, you may be able to do so as a potential alternate if you submit a shoop during the next round. I will not be able to tell you that your shoop will be counted until the submission window closes, so it is a gamble, but given that there are only five votes split among 20 finalists, any shooper can still win with a top-tier shoop.

Finalists:

1) 10 - @bigwaverider, 98 votes
2) 17 - @Moral Victory, 91 votes
3) 15 - @in the liver, 79 votes
4) 20 - @HughPhug, 68 votes
5) 7 - @jei, 65 votes
6) 22 - @IAC, 58 votes
T-7) 13 - @F0od, 52 votes
T-7) 19 - @Fedor's NO.1 Fan, 52 votes
9) 1 - @Myrddin Wild, 51 votes
10) 4 - @ItsKYRO, 50 votes
11) 11 - @Abazzdeboom, 49 votes
12) 5 - @ZOD66, 44 votes
13) 6 - @Slobodan, 42 votes
T-14) 2 - @dembones22, 41 votes
T-14) 9 - @TCE, 41 votes
T-16) 18 - @Ottawaguy, 38 votes
T-16) 21 - @Buff, 38 votes
18) 3 - @BenjaminDuffy, 37 votes
19) 12 - @franquito, 36 votes
20) 16 - @JohnMandick, 30 votes

Alternates:

21) 8 - @Whoa Nelly, 23 votes
22) 14 - 0 votes

The next round will be UFC 230 Cormier vs Lewis, November 3rd, 2018.

If you want to train for the next contest, don't forget we have an open thread where you can hone your MS Paint skills in the Greatest Moments in MMA History...recreated in MS Paint, part 7 thread!

I had by far the lowest votes. (no.8)
Mine was supposed to be mcGregor in his own bottle, the bottom of the bottle making an octagon.

If two ppl fail to contribute to round 2 then I hope me and 14 get to enter and claw back some dignity (I know 14 storyboarded so was disqualified)
Anyway great competition Jei - I will get better!

Mine was supposed to be mcGregor in his own bottle, the bottom of the bottle making an octagon. Anyway great competition Jei - I will get better!

That's how i interpreted yours except I didn't see the octagon. I think if you left off that big "M" that it would have conveyed the message better and you could see conor more clearly. Also i didn't understand why you put the names of those companies on the bottle. but I did like it and voted for it. the brush strokes and colors were good.

xg9eZEf.png

yeah bigwaverider, I was supposed to enter your comp last time but I clicked through your amazing shoops and was put off. As Yours are at a graphic artist/advertising level.
Anyway, I will be back. (Probably)

I had by far the lowest votes. (no.8)
Mine was supposed to be mcGregor in his own bottle, the bottom of the bottle making an octagon.

If two ppl fail to contribute to round 2 then I hope me and 14 get to enter and claw back some dignity (I know 14 storyboarded so was disqualified)
Anyway great competition Jei - I will get better!
Thank you for participating, and I hope you come back and improve. Some of my own early MS Paint drawings were absolutely abysmal and I often got blown out in competitions, phrasing, so don't feel bad for not qualifying this time. If someone no-shows the final round, you have the first slot to replace them. We can only get better, and believe it or not we can get better at using MS Paint. I can personally attest to that.

Back