Voting Thread - MS Paint Contest - Sherdog Shooping Championship Lightweight Tournament Round 1

Please vote for your favorite drawing from EACH match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Holy smiles like someone who has never before smiled.

Terminator-Smile.gif

I'm going to try out my new stylus on paint, let's see how funny this one is. I've never used it so I imagine this will be hilariously disastrous, I can't wait.

I feel like there is going to be a bounty of paint material.

I didn't save as many photos for the first contest so this was quick. I was going to go with blood stains on the canvas but it looked like crap.

I'd love to see the process you guys go through in making yours.

pi2FeIE.gif

i dont have various save states to make into a gif but if i am working on a more involved one with a bunch of different people in it, i guess i start with the main figure. then ill draw another one of the figures next to it so that its to the same scale. if im running out of room, ill get another paint window the same size and draw in that, so i keep the scale about right. eventually ill draw the background and cut and paste the figures in. sometimes at this stage, when i see them all together in the background, i might get a new idea based on how it looks and work on whatever that is. then i guess i move the bits around a bit to see how they look together in different positions. i guess its pretty shocking that i go through so many stages and my stuff still looks so fucking rough lol.

for simpler ones i just blast them out in one go

Whoa, that stylus is harder to use than I thought. I can't use this yet, I have to learn how to write with it. Otherwise it'd be a bunch of squiggles, and not even the funny kind yet.

i dont have various save states to make into a gif but if i am working on a more involved one with a bunch of different people in it, i guess i start with the main figure. then ill draw another one of the figures next to it so that its to the same scale. if im running out of room, ill get another paint window the same size and draw in that, so i keep the scale about right. eventually ill draw the background and cut and paste the figures in. sometimes at this stage, when i see them all together in the background, i might get a new idea based on how it looks and work on whatever that is. then i guess i move the bits around a bit to see how they look together in different positions. i guess its pretty shocking that i go through so many stages and my stuff still looks so fucking rough lol.

for simpler ones i just blast them out in one go

Interesting. I tend to start with the background first, other than maybe doing a sketch.

Got my votes in. I missed the event so much of it didn't make sense. I was able to catch the Holm fight online tonight so thankfully most of the drawings involved that hot mess. Still didn't catch a lot of the jokes unfortunately. You guys are experts at drawings Beth's face though lol.

I liked how the drawings had a less sophisticated style this time around. Good stuff all around. Thanks for the laughs artists!

The results for Round 1 are in! Winners are in bold-italic.

*1a Doug22
1b Ottawaguy
2a Myrddin Wild
*2b Empty Emp
3a in the liver
*3b Cowboy Cerroliveira
4a jeicex
*4b HughPhug
*5a Franquito
5b Slobodan
*6a magogjack
6b kicks

The semi-finals are set for this weekend's Bellator 180 and UFC Fight Night: Chiesa vs. Lee. The semi-final matches will be:

- @Cowboy Cerroliveira vs. @Doug22
- @Empty Emp vs. @HughPhug

If anyone wants to compete on the undercard, you can either let me know or just send in you entry. So far, the undercard matches are:

- @jeicex vs. @Slobodan
- @in the liver vs. @magogjack

Entries will be due Wednesday, June 28, 9:00 PM EST (72 hours after the start of the UFC main card)

Last edited:
Undercard matches for the next round are still open if anyone who didn't sign up yet suddenly found some inspiration.

Back