Volkov vs Ngannou rumored to headline Russian UFC event (Khabib Out)

If true going to look very similar to Rumble vs Gus.

yeah this card sucks alright. And this dude is calling other people goofs. Thats funny.

Whittaker/Romero
RDA/Colby
Reem/Blaydes
Anderson/Holm
Punk/Jackson
Pettis/Benavidez
AA/Tai
Gadelha/Esparza
Rashad/Smith
Green/Guida
Lamas/Bektic
Coulter/Crowder
Santiago/Ige

225 outside of the main title fight sucks

Even outside the title fight Ufc 225 destroys it.
RDA vs Covington
Reem vs Blaydes
Holm vs Anderson
Guida vs Green
Benavidez vs Pettis
Arlovski vs Tuivasa
Bektic vs Lamas

I won't even get into how last weekends Fox card was better, how this weekends Fx card is better.

It wouldnt even be a top 5 of this first 5 months Ufc card

I can visualize it happening, Overeem decisions Blaydes and Ngannou KOs Volkov. Then Brock gets in the pool by June/July and by the end of the year he's back, eligible to fight the winner of DC-Stipe.

MMA media
- "But Dana, Brock doesn't deserve a titleshot, isn't the UFC disrespecting the heavyweight contenders by giving it to Brock right away?"

Goofypotamus @Arm Barbarian
- "Contenders? What contenders, you goof? There's no one in line, Brock is the fight to be made"
UnfitYellowishHoneycreeper-max-1mb.gif

dana-white-shit-eatin-grin-150x150.jpg
Like they'd go to that much trouble, Brock already was gifted 1 ts over real contenders like jds and cain when he was 2-1 with wins over a 3-7 can and semiretirement Herring now he's got a NC over Hunt and a former champion status. Plus his shit wwe fans.

Like they'd go to that much trouble, Brock already was gifted 1 ts over real contenders like jds and cain when he was 2-1 with wins over a 3-7 can and semiretirement Herring now he's got a NC over Hunt and a former champion status. Plus his shit wwe fans.
Probably. But killing contenders won't hurt, it will make their case for Brock stronger if anything.

As expected, they said already they were gonna do a fight night to test the waters in Russia and experiment. If the PPV comes after khabib will be on it

Those fights are whatever. WME have allowed too much top end talent to walk, and have refused to sign too many top prospects, to maintain a legitimate claim to the top MMA org on the planet

This is completely false. Hyping up prospects but then calling Dos Anjos, Covington, Overeem and on whatever fighters is idiocy.

Especially when Blaydes and Tuivasa were both elite prospects.

Ufc has signed
Zabit
Peter Yan
Muslim Salikhov
Calvin Kattar
Israel Adesanya
Karl Roberson
Dominick Reyes
Magomed Ankalaev
Abdul Kerim-Edilov Edilov
Aleksander Rakic
Sheymon Moraes
Nathaniel Wood
Ricardo Ramos
Ricky Simon
Tom Duquesnoy
Alex Volkanovski
Shane Burgos
Don Marge
Alex Hernandez
Eryk Anders
Trevin Giles
Curtis Mill ender
Geoff Neal

And literally dozens of more top prospects over the last 2 years. What's strange is a few of these guys are former ACBS champs yet when the Ufc signs them those same guys are nobodies in your opinion.

UFC not making Black Beast vs Ngannou...

Buncha goofs... they should be jumping all over that one.
Not like Lewis is rehabbing a broken Hand or anything...

Good luck to Volkov pushing the pace against Ngannou without getting shadow realm’d

Sending an African to Russia to fight a Russian, I'm sure the fans will be pure class.

Has happened plenty of times already, afro-american fighter, afro-european fighters at least.. have been in Russia. It's not football fans.

..Wow, how they gonna do Volkov like that in his own country? Ngannou is going to silence the entire audience worse than Rumble did in Sweden.

Volkov is rumored to headline Russian UFC event according to one of the oldest and most respected Russian newspapers, Sport-Express.

Khabib has today said that he would love to fight in Russia, but since the event will only be a smaller event (like Fight Night or on FX) and not a PPV, he's not interested. He told that during a big Q&A session at his former university. Full Q&A:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/k...o-respect-for-him-i-will-break-conor.3750889/

Volkov himself responded to the rumors that it's the first time he hears about that and that if it's true UFC has not told him about it yet.

Russian sports media is speculating about Volkov getting a fight against Francis Ngannou and if he wins, getting a title shot against Stipe Miocic.

Other fighter that are rumored to be on the card are: Zabit Magomedsharipov, Zubaira Tukhugov and Petr Yan (not in UFC currently but VERY flashy, entertaining fighter with 8-1 record).

To be honest I will be rooting for Volkov, but damn am I nervous about him and Ngannou. I think Ngannou KOs him especially as Volkov likes to stand and trade in the stand-up. Although if Volkov gets him to the ground I think he will be able to outwrestle his a Ngannou has 0 groundgame (as he showed against Stipe).

when ufc said it wouldn't be a ppv and khabib wins the belt there was zero chance he fight on that event. im sure khabib will be apart of it doing signing a q/a and all.

when ufc said it wouldn't be a ppv and khabib wins the belt there was zero chance he fight on that event. im sure khabib will be apart of it doing signing a q/a and all.

You're probably right.

They're gonna sign Petr Yan?

That would be awesome!!

Back