Volkov vs Ngannou rumored to headline Russian UFC event (Khabib Out)

Nice way to get Volkov smashed in front of a home crowd. Dangerous fight, not sure why they'd give Francis to a contender, especially a contender with zero wrestling.

that's a pretty bad fight for volkov, he doesn't have the wrestling to trouble ngannou, and he doesn't hit that hard for a HW.

all he can really do is hope to survive a couple rounds, and if ngannou gasses then volkov can win a decision with volume i guess.

Yes. But still even with crappy wrestling, after what I saw during Miocic fight, I still think Volkov can outgrapple Ngannou. He looked like a helpless child on the ground.

Another thing that I just saw is that Volkov i a VERY tall guy, 200.66 cm (6'7'') while Ngannou is only 193 cm (6'4'') ... that's significant.
But Ngannou got longer reach though.

Why can't Russia get the Brazil treatment, feeding cans to locals.

Instead we'll see Volkov get run over in the first 2 minutes in front of his home crowd.

It would be hell of a show if they went to Makhachkala, Dagestan. I think people would sell their houses to buy tickets :D.

They have houses in Dagestan?

Well.. fuck

You learn something new every day

Volkov is rumored to headline Russian UFC event according to one of the oldest and most respected Russian newspapers, Sport-Express.

Khabib has today said that he would love to fight in Russia, but since the event will only be a smaller event (like Fight Night or on FX) and not a PPV, he's not interested. He told that during a big Q&A session at his former university. Full Q&A:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/k...o-respect-for-him-i-will-break-conor.3750889/

Volkov himself responded to the rumors that it's the first time he hears about that and that if it's true UFC has not told him about it yet.

Russian sports media is speculating about Volkov getting a fight against Francis Ngannou and if he wins, getting a title shot against Stipe Miocic.

Other fighter that are rumored to be on the card are: Zabit Magomedsharipov, Zubaira Tukhugov and Petr Yan (not in UFC currently but VERY flashy, entertaining fighter with 8-1 record).

To be honest I will be rooting for Volkov, but damn am I nervous about him and Ngannou. I think Ngannou KOs him especially as Volkov likes to stand and trade in the stand-up. Although if Volkov gets him to the ground I think he will be able to outwrestle his a Ngannou has 0 groundgame (as he showed against Stipe).
But I thought khabob only fought for glory, not money.

Sending an African to Russia to fight a Russian, I'm sure the fans will be pure class.

francis belongs on the facebook prelims after his last "performance". bbeast deserves a contender

The fuck? He's the only guy who's gone the distance with Stipe in years.

If he belongs on the prelims, does that mean that Overeem, Werdum and JDS should be cut for getting sparked in the first round?

How do you see it playing out?
I think Ngannou finishes Volkov early, but Volkov is legit, just a bad match up. Wouldn't count him out entirely

I say round 1 or 2 ko by Ngannou

Ngannou is going to fucking M-U-R-K him. It is probably the worst match up for Volkov out there.

salty because of PEDs. when you will ever learn buddy
Cheaters don't belong. Never will.
718b11e75543b8e2361f237a2ee9d132.gif

Then Mir, randy, herring and hunt do not belong since he whooped them all.
By the time Brock fought Randy and Herring they actually should've been retired, Randy was a dinosaur and Herring had too much mileage on him. Brock is a terrible match up for Hunt and was lucky to fight Mir who always had a suspect chin instead of Big Nog, who always performed better against bigger men and would've beat the shit of him.

The fuck? He's the only guy who's gone the distance with Stipe in years.

If he belongs on the prelims, does that mean that Overeem, Werdum and JDS should be cut for getting sparked in the first round?
he had a bad attitutude from the get go. taking vacations during camp? that is unheard of! if hes so good, he will have no problem working his way back up , with a champions mentality. see how u can reply to someone without vulgarity? even tho i was very tempted.

HATE this if true. I really wanted Ngannou/Lewis and if/when Ngannou beats Volkov then it'll just take out another contender.

Lol if that's true UFC matchmakers are the most greedy motherfuckers i've ever seen, they are trying to kill the only contender (Volkov) just to have a excuse to give Brock Lesnar a titleshot right away... i hope Blaydes wins and calls out the winner of Stipe/DC now. They wouldn't be able to deny him with a win over Overeem, if Volkov loses.
Hadn't thought of the Brock factor. Makes perfect sense why they'd want Ngannou to KO Volkov.

he had a bad attitutude from the get go. taking vacations during camp? that is unheard of! if hes so good, he will have no problem working his way back up , with a champions mentality. see how u can reply to someone without vulgarity? even tho i was very tempted.

You're conceding that your argument is shit when you respond by complaining about profanity on Sherdog.

How was his attitude worse than McGregor's or anybody else on the roster?

Look, I get that people were rightfully pissed about the way that the UFC tried to push Ngannou and shit all over Stipe in the process, but the backlash against Ngannou is absurd.

Trying to spin him into a tomato can and a giant scumbag because Dana rushed him into a fight is ridiculous.

Cheaters don't belong. Never will.
718b11e75543b8e2361f237a2ee9d132.gif

By the time Brock fought Randy and Herring they actually should've been retired, Randy was a dinosaur and Herring had too much mileage on him. Brock is a terrible match up for Hunt and was lucky to fight Mir who always had a suspect chin instead of Big Nog, who always performed better against bigger men and would've beat the shit of him.
UFC Nog beating Lesnar back then? Nah.

They can and probably will give Brock a title shot regardless if they really want to. Doesn’t matter even if Volkov KOs Francis.

i was gonna include Dags, but im not familiar enough with the local income to do so confidentley
There are many Dagestani/Chechen/Ossetian and other ethnicities from the Caucasus in Moscow. Georgians/Armenians/Azeris... Cherkassian/Balkar/Adyghean... the list never ends. You will find all in Moscow. That's why St. Petersburg and Moscow are the only places the UFC would really go.

Back