Volkov vs. Cain

Cain should have retired like 3-4 years ago, at least. Goodnight, sweet prince.

I'd rather this fight be booked than volkov versus the winner of reem/blaydes as many have suggested. I just feel like with the lack of depth in the division both volkov and blaydes should be preserved as contenders and not booked against one another. or give volkov the title shot and give cain the winner of reem/blaydes. I just don't wanna see reem beat blaydes and then be booked against volkov, possibly getting close to a title shot again after how brutally he was KO'd by francis. just hard to trust booking cain against anyone

Blaydes would be a good test...Volkov failed the "wrestler test" twice in Bellator vs. Johnson and Kongo, who don't even have Blaydes modest wrestling credentials ( NJCAA level, like 1 or 2 years before going to MMA).

IF Cain is coming back then I'd love to see this. Cain would murder Volkov in R1, though.

Blaydes would be a good test...Volkov failed the "wrestler test" twice in Bellator vs. Johnson and Kongo, who don't even have Blaydes modest wrestling credentials ( NJCAA level, like 1 or 2 years before going to MMA).
true. volkov has yet to see a wrestler in the ufc. judging by his bellator career I would prolly pick blaydes over volkov

Cain hangs out with Dave Terrell, TJ Grant and Ricardo Arona nowadays.

Volkovs takedown defense is horrible. Cain would have his way with him.

You guys are brushing off Volkov's TDD and defensive grappling like he didn't just neutralise one of the most grapple-heavy fighters in the game.

Quinton_Jackson_oblique.jpg

Looks legit on paper. But Cain isn’t making it to the octagon sadly.

Blaydes is fighting Reem on the upcoming Chicago card.

IF Cain is coming back then I'd love to see this. Cain would murder Volkov in R1, though.

He very well could and I’d favor him to do so. In the event that he does, he will have notched a win against a young, legitimate contender and thusly justify another title shot while minimizing eye rolls.

The eye rolls will not cease entirely given that the idea of Cain showing up for one let alone two fights in a reasonable time period is wishful thinking at best.

You guys are brushing off Volkov's TDD and defensive grappling like he didn't just neutralise one of the most grapple-heavy fighters in the game.

Very impressed with Volkov’s guard but not impressed with his TDD.

It's the fight to make IMO.

I would've said Ngannou vs Volkov but seems like he's fighting the Black Beast

Just call Cain "The Nowhere Man".

That said I'd watch and think it would be a good scrap.

Back