Volkan vs. Jimi: Got a Minute

That look on Volkan's face at 4:35 in the round is av worthy

I could watch Manuwa lose all day.Guy doesn't take shots well,that's why all his losses are brutal KO's.

DC will easily beat Volkan. Outwrestle him for 1.5 rounds and end up submitting him. DC will get hit less than 5 times. It'll be a squash match.

Almost looks like he rocked him from those punches in the clinch? I forgot about this, is Manuwa's chin shot?

The way he pushed Jimi after which he slammed hard on the ground was pure alpha move...

If DC gets the same position up against the cage (and he will), he will drop down and work the TD, unlike what Jimi did here. Bank on it.

From there he will almost certainly get Volkan on his ass/back by scooping his legs, and Volkan probably won't get up unless he survives to see rnd two.

Rinse and repeat.

Expect DC to win via unspectacular wrestling domination.

If DC gets the same position up against the cage (and he will), he will drop down and work the TD, unlike what Jimi did here. Bank on it.

From there he will almost certainly get Volkan on his ass/back by scooping his legs, and Volkan probably won't get up unless he survives to see rnd two.

Rinse and repeat.

I am expecting a mauling. I dont see how Volkan doesnt get raped here. We know DC can take a shot, Volkan may get one in per round but he's going to get taken down for each one and then eaten by a bear.

Almost looks like he rocked him from those punches in the clinch? I forgot about this, is Manuwa's chin shot?
Well, he completely flatlined Cirkunov from a punch in the clinch, so I think it says more about Volkan than Jimmi.

I am expecting a mauling. I dont see how Volkan doesnt get raped here. We know DC can take a shot, Volkan may get one in per round but he's going to get taken down for each one and then eaten by a bear.

The only thing about Volkan that makes him dangerous to DC, is that he can generate a lot of power within very little space. Evidenced in the OP.

But it's not like DC isn't going to know this going in. Which is why I don't expect him to even fuck with the clinch much at all, but rather get right to the wrestling TD game whenever he can.

He may not outright maul Volkan, as DC isn't a HW Khabib from the top. But control and score continuously, until the final bell, is something he's very capable of doing - provided Volkan doesn't give up his neck before that.

Rinse and repeat.

This ^

I could watch Manuwa lose all day.Guy doesn't take shots well,that's why all his losses are brutal KO's.
He makes Overeem's chin look like Mark Hunt's.

Well, he completely flatlined Cirkunov from a punch in the clinch, so I think it says more about Volkan than Jimmi.
Not to mention those two fools he iced at the club in Florida. Fucking KO machine confirmed right there.

Interesting, he must have incredible power to hurt people from that position. Not very familiar with Volkan, or Jimmi

Volkan had "No Time" to Bang. Just went for the kill. Could be an exciting fight Saturday. Will Cormier stand and trade...

Back