Volkan Oezdemir shares a cell with Jon Jones

It was most likely self defense.

He will do no time.
I don't know the details, but...
Aggravated assault is the technical term for causing permanent bodily harm, like crippling or maiming someone, potentially killing them.

You are allowed to defend yourself by law. Nobody disputes this.

However, that doesn't mean you can pull out a gun and shoot someone who wants to punch you in the face.

That is excessive force.

Whether he gets convicted or not, it is extremely stressful when you are charged up until you are vindicated.

I was charged with a couple of very serious crimes, and was facing hard time and the loss of my career. I knew I was innocent, and I was confident that I wouldn't be convicted.

Still, for the year or so that it took for my case to go through the system, it we psychologically and emotionally very taxing. And the mind body connection is real.

When you can't eat or sleep, you soon get ill or injured. When you are stressed and you force yourself to workout, you get injured easily and it is hard to slog through workouts.

I don't know the details, but...
Aggravated assault is the technical term for causing permanent bodily harm, like crippling or maiming someone, potentially killing them.

You are allowed to defend yourself by law. Nobody disputes this.

However, that doesn't mean you can pull out a gun and shoot someone who wants to punch you in the face.

That is excessive force.

I don't believe he shot someone.

I believe he punched someone in the face who was probably trying to punch him in the face as well.

It's not his fault his assailant can't fight... don't assault people, then.

I don't believe he shot someone.

I believe he punched someone in the face who was probably trying to punch him in the face as well.

It's not his fault his assailant can't fight... don't assault people, then.
You think I said he shot someone?

Your opinion is sensible, but if he maimed or crippled someone, he may be in hot water.
If the person recovers, it may get dropped down to Common Assault. If not, I hope he gets a good judge and a good lawyer. You roll the dice with the judge you get.

Back