Volkan Oezdemir on Jones vs DC 2 and why he wasn't impressed.

Hmm...but if DC beats Volkan, and Jones beats Gus again, DC vs Jones 3?

Mauricio-Shogun-Rua-UFC-on-FOX-4-w-478x270.jpg

$

Figures. Swiss fighter thinks a fighter should be a Swiss Army knife, jam-packed with tools.

Can't add new weapons all the time.
Allthough I must admit that in the past that was one of the things that made Jones the most interesting fighter to follow, showed some new stuff in almost every fight.

Volkan - DC would be an amazing fight.
I could see him versus Shogun as well, but knocking out Shogun wouldn't prove as much. He's on a string of wins right now but as soon as he loses again he'll be dismissed as "old shogun" again and that victory will not mean much.

cretising their striking? how about u worry about your grappling defence since u got easily submitted by a bellator gate keeper, boi...

Volkan vs DC is terrible matchmaking. DC would be an overwhelmingly strong favorite, and if he wins it just derails the only up and coming prospect in the division.

Jones would rightfully be a big, big favorite if this fight happened now, but one interesting point- Jones did do some lazy stuff in the clinch against DC and got cracked with some hard shots.

That's the exact thing that got Manuwa finished..

I was impressed.
Who cares what he thinks?

The fixation over the number of weapons a fighter has is a little foolish. What does it matter if he didn't showcase a new trick? Ultimately, getting the most variety of use out of your tools is smarter than having the most variety of tools per se.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back