Volkan Oezdemir Manager "Oezdemir not to blame"

Only in America, max sentence of 15 years for punching someone in the face. That's a long ass time for a street fight.

Meaningless statement. No facts, no context, and by the way.. Definitely not only in america.

Look, I understand you shouldn't be punching people in the face but the U.S. is crazy how many people we lock up. America has the most prisoners in the world. Think about that, the U.S. has more prisoners than communist China who has about 5 times the population. More than India with over a billion population, more prisoners than the worst of the worst iron hand dictator regimes around the world. Land of the free becomes almost ironic.
<LikeReally5>

Our President just had to save three retarded college basketball players from 10 years in prison for shop lifting.

China is so lenient.... lol

Can LeBron James? Eminem? Brad Pitt? Those are extreme examples but the point remains if he's in a public establishment and he's recognized, it's on him. As I say this now let's add alcohol, women, and a public setting. Now let's add his profession. All these things will come up I'm sure. It's poor judgement for him remain the second it started going sideways. For him to strike someone is all kinds of fucked
I pick Ben Richards, that boy is one mean motherfucker!!
If Volkan could have avoided the situation, he should have. But i don't know the situation yet. We will find out. But because someone might have recognized him, means he had to leave?

That's a myth. A martial artist has every right to use his hands to defend himself just like any other person

This.

If the story goes as Volkan claims it did, with them harassing his fiance and then attacking him after exchanging words...

Then it's a shame those assholes ever woke up.

Fuck em.

Hope they enjoy that brain damage for the rest of their lives.

Can't wait to live in a drug filled utopia. It's not like there isn't a massive problem with opiate abuse as it is, so I'm sure just taking the lock off that door will instantly eliminate any more problem.

People only abuse opiates because doctors get them hooked by prescribing them. There's no other country in the world where people get prescribed opiates for pain as much as they do in the US.

Instead of working with you to actually fix your injuries, they just throw you on painkillers so you can fuck out of their office and they can get on with their day. Its the easiest thing they can do, and they know youll be back for more.

Naturally people don't know what they are doing, so they will take what the doctor prescribed assuming it's "medicine." I mean, why would a doctor give you something bad, right? And after they get hooked, then it's a wrap son. And we all know how easy it is to get hooked on opiates.

Doctors are the real big bad drug dealers of the US.

Fun fact: doctors in the US used to tell people that smoking cigarettes is good before it became common knowledge that they are actually terrible for you. Everything is a business here. If it makes money, fuck your health, freedom or future.

People are expendable for profit in the United States of America.

Last edited:
a pro MMA artist is wielding a deadly weapon.

Not true.

JFC, how fucking dumb is Sherdog repeating this bullshit like it's gospel?

Your body is not considered a deadly weapon in any capacity unless you are in the Robocop suit.

Thats due to arrests for nonviolent victimless crime.....once we legalize drugs and step into the 21st century, things will get much better....police will actually have time to persue and deter violent criminals when they stop harrassing johny nick-bag on the corner.....

This really isn't borne out by statistics.

There are not many people in jail for non-violent drug offences.

I agree that they probably shouldn't be imprisoned at all, but the idea that the prisons in theUS are bursting at the seams due to non-violent drug offenders is inaccurate.

This really isn't borne out by statistics.

There are not many people in jail for non-violent drug offences.

I agree that they probably shouldn't be imprisoned at all, but the idea that the prisons in theUS are bursting at the seams due to non-violent drug offenders is inaccurate.

There are tons of people in prison for selling drugs without a violent crime involved.

Selling drugs is considered a heinous crime in the US, even if it's just weed, even though it's the doctors who (legally) prescribe the most dangerous, most addictive drugs of all, without even fully explaining the consequences of using these drugs to their patients.

That's how people get hooked on opiates. Either fixing their injury was too expensive, or the doctor simply couldn't be bothered, so they throw you on Oxycotin or something similar just to get you to fuck off.

The US government doesn't want you doing drugs... unless it's the ones that they(big pharma) are selling themselves.

They dont like competition.

We will find out. There were witnesses that told the guy who knocked him out. If i was a witness, i'd go tell the police what happened. Kinda weird it happened like 3 months ago and just got arrested. I want more details. I haven't seen Volkan interviews so don't know what to think. I don't think he just started shit with them. MMA fighters just don't go around picking fights. I know Murray, Warmachine have been involved in fights outside the cage, and Jesse Taylor, not fighting but intimidated some when on TUF.

Meaningless statement. No facts, no context, and by the way.. Definitely not only in america.

I don't give a fuck what the context was, unless someone was put in the ground 15 years is ridiculous.

<LikeReally5>

Our President just had to save three retarded college basketball players from 10 years in prison for shop lifting.

China is so lenient.... lol

They have less prisoners than America and a population of 1.5 billion.

Look, I understand you shouldn't be punching people in the face but the U.S. is crazy how many people we lock up. America has the most prisoners in the world. Think about that, the U.S. has more prisoners than communist China who has about 5 times the population. More than India with over a billion population, more prisoners than the worst of the worst iron hand dictator regimes around the world. Land of the free becomes almost ironic.

Prison is a business. Private prisons ... read up.

And land of the free has been an ironic statement since I don’t even remember when. Where the fuck you been?

I don't give a fuck what the context was, unless someone was put in the ground 15 years is ridiculous.

He hasn't received 15 years. Once again, you're just quoting facts out of context. If you don't comprehend what I'm saying, there isnt any point in continuing. You're probably brain damaged.

Allegedly he knocked them both out, and one was unconscious for 14 minutes.
For sure, I'm just saying if they initiated the violence, then they got what they deserved. If not, well we might not be seeing Volkan for a while.

We've heard statements from both sides. Which are completely different from one another. Somewhere in the middle ground the truth lays.

We''ve all heard the stories of some drunken idiot thinking he's a tough guy trying to pick a fight with a pro fighter. Then the guy loses terribly and decides to cash in and presses charges then sues for cash.

We also know there are some "excitable" fighters out there who fly off the handle and get in fights or worse.

Soon we shall see if Volkan O is more War Machine (pshyco), Mayhem Miller (nuts) or Lil Heathen Jeremy Stevens ( innocent of made up charges)

It will all come out in the end, should be interesting .. Although whoever has the best legal team will has the best chances

drunken mma fighters get zero sympathy from judges, rightfully so

Can't wait to live in a drug filled utopia. It's not like there isn't a massive problem with opiate abuse as it is, so I'm sure just taking the lock off that door will instantly eliminate any more problem.

I mean, they probably only do opiates because weed isn't legal. If weed was legal people would probably stop main lining ketamine, because the drugs are totally comparable.

Yep, legalize everything and there won't be any problems at all.

Fucking LOL.

I just can't believe how stupid people are about this. This isn't fucking holland or some shit. America has a completely different drug culture, history, population size, demographics, etc.

Coming from a former libertarian I have to say libertarians are lolably retarded with this pie in the sky, legalize everything crap.
It is not a proper role of government to legislate individual choice that harms noone else.....by harm, im referring to actual harm.....either loss of property or physical assault.....

Drug addiction is a problem for medical professionals and counselors, not police and corrections officers.....

I wasnt just referring to weed.....i mean all drugs......

just because drugs were legal doesnt mean everyone would hop on heroin tomorrow.....it would just mean less people going to jail who have done society no harm.....less people being forced into a system that is inadequate to help them....more police dedicated to crimes of theft and violence.....less tax money wasted on people who have no business in jail....

If drugs were legalized and handled by the proper professionals, the crime rate would drop in half over night.....

The 'war on drugs' is one of the biggest wastes of taxpayer money ever....

Back