Volkan Oezdemir Manager "Oezdemir not to blame"

Is that a real thing? Do the courts give him extra punishment because he is a professional ass kicker?

I don't know for america but in most western europe countries having even a shotokan black belt gets you in deep trouble in court

Seems reasonable when you consider growing some weed in certain states can get you 5 years or more.

Its not reasonable to lock people in cages over weed. Its also not reasonable to give someone 15 years for a bar fight. Our justice system is scary retarded. Its one of the few times where scary and retarded actually applies.

For starters, and I don't mean this as a derail of the thread, but the Fed needs to give up on their lost war against drugs. That might reduce the prison load by a lot of people, never mind the fact that the C.I.A. runs drugs into the U.S. to make money for black ops.
My thread has officially been derailed.

My thread has officially been derailed.

Its probably a good thing. Sometimes derails go to better discussions. On topic though, Volkan's manager is for sure going to say its self defense, Volkan is facing a felony. The problem will be if there were any witnesses that contradict his claim.

Its not reasonable to lock people in cages over weed. Its also not reasonable to give someone 15 years for a bar fight. Our justice system is scary retarded. Its one of the few times where scary and retarded actually applies.
The reasonable part was a sarcastic joke. But, to be fair, the charge he is facing could be a guy with a busted lip, or could be a guy in the hospital with a breathing tube down his throat.

He'll have his day in court, and if it was self-defense, I expect the charges to be dropped.

Did the guy(s) make fun of him or say some mean things about his country? If so, all assaults are warranted. Name calling is the worst thing you can do and you best be ready to fight! RIght, Sherdog?

in another thread someone mentioned those guys were messing with his fiance. Touching her tits or something.

https://offgridsurvival.com/multiple-attackers/

That article is hilarious...

Psychology
– Fighting a group does not always mean having to fight the whole group. In fact, your goal is to fight as few of them as possible. Instead of defeating each of their bodies, you must instead destroy their minds.

• Your first strike must be spectacular, and very visible to the group.
  • The more visible the injury is the greater physiological effect it will have on the rest of the group.
  • The first few seconds of the fight are critical; if you can psychologically defeat the group now, many of them will scatter without ever throwing a punch.
Identify the leader – Who is the strongest link? This person is your main threat, and must be taken out first. Taking out the leader can destroy the group’s willingness to fight, and is the first step to surviving an attack. Remember, you want to create a strong visible injury that will make the group rethink its attack.

Unless you're a pro light heavyweight fighter you don't have a chance fighting a group of more than two adult males. Two yeah you might have a chance, any more than that you're getting swarmed, dragged to the ground and your ass beat and probably beaten with a weapon or stabbed. You might get lucky and be attacked by a group of pussies but your average males with a willingness to fight won't simply back down when you take out their 'leader' lol. The best you can do is retreat while not looking like a pussy.

That article is hilarious...

Unless you're a pro light heavyweight fighter you don't have a chance fighting a group of more than two adult males. Two yeah you might have a chance, any more than that you're getting swarmed, dragged to the ground and your ass beat and probably beaten with a weapon or stabbed. You might get lucky and be attacked by a group of pussies but your average males with a willingness to fight won't simply back down when you take out their 'leader' lol. The best you can do is retreat while not looking like a pussy.
you'd be surprised how many people are pussies.....friend of mine got attacked in a parking lot by 3 guys and just like the advice above (yea it sounds overdramatic the way they put it) he laid one guy out (actually knocked one of his teeth out) and then double-legged him and proceeded to beat his face in.....the other two guys started kicking him so he got off the other guy and the two guys kicking ran off scared instantly. I mean think about it, they are pussies by default if they jumped him 3 on 1 in the first place.

Yeah but that's on him the remove himself unfortuntely. You can't be a top contender for UFC then hanging at the local soccer mom night club trying to pick up girls and not expect to get harassed. He may have been defending himself on some level but he is every bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing and he just ate two sheep. He should know better.

Seems silly to suggest he can’t go out like a normal human being.

Seems silly to suggest he can’t go out like a normal human being.

Can LeBron James? Eminem? Brad Pitt? Those are extreme examples but the point remains if he's in a public establishment and he's recognized, it's on him. As I say this now let's add alcohol, women, and a public setting. Now let's add his profession. All these things will come up I'm sure. It's poor judgement for him remain the second it started going sideways. For him to strike someone is all kinds of fucked

Seems reasonable when you consider growing some weed in certain states can get you 5 years or more.
When i lived in Vegas before, it was 1-7 years just for having low amount on you and even just a seed. over 20 years now, and it's legal, to possess it, buy and grow, as long as you have a card. It's still not legal on a federal level though.

Its probably a good thing. Sometimes derails go to better discussions. On topic though, Volkan's manager is for sure going to say its self defense, Volkan is facing a felony. The problem will be if there were any witnesses that contradict his claim.

He can knock out the witnesses too duh.

Anyone else find it kinda strange this happened in August and is only coming to light now . the truth will eventually come out but we can be hopeful that some dude started with Oezdemir and got KO'd and his buddy tried to rush Oezdemir and also got KO'd , a very plausible and common situation when people are hammered in bars

Allegedly he knocked them both out, and one was unconscious for 14 minutes.

Who's the idiot who let that person be unconscious for 14 minutes, I'm sure he was out for that long

We will find out. There were witnesses that told the guy who knocked him out. If i was a witness, i'd go tell the police what happened. Kinda weird it happened like 3 months ago and just got arrested. I want more details. I haven't seen Volkan interviews so don't know what to think. I don't think he just started shit with them. MMA fighters just don't go around picking fights. I know Murray, Warmachine have been involved in fights outside the cage, and Jesse Taylor, not fighting but intimidated some when on TUF.

Back