Volkan Oezdemir Manager "Oezdemir not to blame"

Is that a real thing? Do the courts give him extra punishment because he is a professional ass kicker?

Cant say anything about the U.S. but in germany you are treated as one.

I believe him, fighters know the risks of getting in street fights, so they avoid them at all costs...especially when you have a pending title shot!! Dudes clearly wrote a check they ass couldnt cash

Its the misfortune of being recognizable. Do you know how many street fights take place daily in a country like America? Most of the time you just leave and they never see you again and don't know who you are. Volkan can't do that though.

Yeah but that's on him the remove himself unfortuntely. You can't be a top contender for UFC then hanging at the local soccer mom night club trying to pick up girls and not expect to get harassed. He may have been defending himself on some level but he is every bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing and he just ate two sheep. He should know better.

Got to believe him. Imagine being so stupid that you'd mess up the best shot of success you've ever been graced with.

Look, I understand you shouldn't be punching people in the face but the U.S. is crazy how many people we lock up. America has the most prisoners in the world. Think about that, the U.S. has more prisoners than communist China who has about 5 times the population. More than India with over a billion population, more prisoners than the worst of the worst iron hand dictator regimes around the world. Land of the free becomes almost ironic.

Our prisons are like summer camp compared to other countries. In China, should you manage to get out of prison, you can bet your ass you will be a good boy for life. Over here, everyone repeat offends.

Our prisons are like summer camp compared to other countries. In China, should you manage to get out of prison, you can bet your ass you will be a good boy for life. Over here, everyone repeat offends.
What's your point?

Look, I understand you shouldn't be punching people in the face but the U.S. is crazy how many people we lock up. America has the most prisoners in the world. Think about that, the U.S. has more prisoners than communist China who has about 5 times the population. More than India with over a billion population, more prisoners than the worst of the worst iron hand dictator regimes around the world. Land of the free becomes almost ironic.

Its because you've privatised the penal system so it makes people money to lock up your citizens. A quarter of the worlds prisoners are US citizens. Makes a mockery of the phrase 'land of the free'

Yeah but that's on him the remove himself unfortuntely. You can't be a top contender for UFC then hanging at the local soccer mom night club trying to pick up girls and not expect to get harassed. He may have been defending himself on some level but he is every bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing and he just ate two sheep. He should know better.

I don't really contend any of that. I can't argue against it. Volkan should have been in a better environment and he was a wolf in sheep's clothing for sure. It may have been self defense if 2 guys jumped him but he probably touched them with that weird Volkan power.

I'll just say its obvious you have never been to prison. Also, you don't turn the tide against repeat offenders by making shit harder. Prison is already hell in most states and it just makes people more brutal.

Only in America, max sentence of 15 years for punching someone in the face. That's a long ass time for a street fight.
Seems reasonable when you consider growing some weed in certain states can get you 5 years or more.

I'll just say its obvious you have never been to prison. Also, you don't turn the tide against repeat offenders by making shit harder. Prison is already hell in most states and it just makes people more brutal.
Yeah it's also funny how many people call prison a university for criminals. I understand the need for punishment and retribution, but ultimately, they should also be prepared to return back to civilian life, and those goals might be contradictory.

Our prisons, when compared to prisons in other countries, are rather soft.

Yes, if you have only been in prison in the US, you will believe it is horrible. Go watch Locked up abroad - you will see.

I'm not getting into the argument of reform versus punishment, just stating the truth - our prisons treat prisoners much better than most overseas prisons do.

So if he knocked out TWO clowns, they were trying to jump him and he left them stiff

Self defense

Great publicity for DC vs Volkan

Allegedly he knocked them both out, and one was unconscious for 14 minutes.
The 14 minutes part sounds fishy to me. Who pulled out a stopwatch after the guy was knocked out? Highly unlikely that anyone would feel the need to time stamp.

That's a myth. A martial artist has every right to use his hands to defend himself just like any other person
True but use it criminally and the repercussions can be harsh. More often than not a judge will show no leniency.

Only in America, max sentence of 15 years for punching someone in the face. That's a long ass time for a street fight.
Yeah thats some crazy shit meanwhile here in Finland you can sit only 12 years for murder and not get any jail time for raping someone

Yeah it's also funny how many people call prison a university for criminals. I understand the need for punishment and retribution, but ultimately, they should also be prepared to return back to civilian life, and those goals might be contradictory.

There are other countries that have learned that prisons systems like the one in America don't work. If you put Donny from down the street in a cage with these guys he's going to come out changed, and not in a good way.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back