Volkan Calls Out Gus AGAIN..Ariel Helwani - 'I've Tried To Reach Out To Alex, Have Heard Nothing'

Gus would be crazy to take this fight. Jones literally has no one else to fight except him and Volkan. Every other LHW is coming off a loss with the exception of, Shogun believe it or not.

So Jones has a choice between to guys, Gus one a scorching 2 fight win streak or Volkan on a 5 fight streak who barely squeaked by OSP and lost 6 fights ago to a Bellator scrub.

high risk low reward to fight the guy still.

Gus will try to get the belt fight.

In the entire mighty UFC LHW division Jones has 2 names left Gus and Volkan that I shit you not we have sherdog members with more twitter followers then him, no one freaking knows him he needs more fights, more exposure don't go by rankings.. UFC sure won't.

The Brock fight is not realistic even if everyone wants it and the negotiations go perfectly we are still 6-7 months away.

So Jones vs Gus is next unless Jones really doesn't want to fight him again.

Volkan relax bro and fight some grapplers you sure as hell will need the extra experience.

I don't know why so many people like gus. He won't fight a top guy like volkan because he know he will probably get knocked out,

Look at this fucked up situation

Jon Jones now wants money fights, he deserves one at this point if he wants it

Gus wants to fight Jones only and will definitely duck volkan

Volkan wants to fight top contender like gus but gus wants to fight Jones only for belt.

Ufc and dana will need to step in eventually. I see Jones taking a money fight with perhaps Brock in future and gus will be forced to fight volkan. This is the scenario I hope for...

No idea how everyone thinks gus deserves shot.. he got dominated clearly by the top 2 guys anthony and DC, then wins a shitty decision against Jan and knocks out a shot glover. For fucks sake. Gus knows this will probably be his only shot before he gets beat up again and goes back to the end of the line

high risk low reward to fight the guy still.

Fighting the #3 guy who is a new face, young, and building hype for the title shot is not a reward? But beating on a over the hill Glover, and a bum like Jan Błachowicz is.

"I don't think Gus is hurt, I think he's scared"

-

Kenny Florian

So this Ariel Fuckin Helwani is the new matchmaker.

Jones gonna pull a Bisping and have the two #1 contenders kill each other off?

From the looks of it, with jones wanting Brock and gus wanting jones, they might try and set up Volkan and Shogun, which as a huge shogun fan I definitely don't want to see.

gus ducked mousasi for his first title shot

gus and DC both openly said they ducked each other while jones was fighting glover, because they didnt want to eliminate each other and didnt want to "give jones an easy path"

gus got his second title shot off of a KO loss

i am not surprised by gus trying to duck another challenger and trying to get another shortcut to a TS

There is literally no one for Volkan to fight. So he makes a logical call out for him. Gus/Volkan can headline Poland card and winner fight Jones lates this year around New Year's time

Gus knows theres a very high chance he could get beat by Volkan and therefore will try and avoid... Gus is smart, be like Gus.

gus and DC both openly said they ducked each other while jones was fighting glover, because they didnt want to eliminate each other and didnt want to "give jones an easy path"

i am not surprised by gus trying to duck another challenger and trying to get another shortcut to a TS
Damn. Thought you would think more of Gustaffson for some reason

Difference here Jones already has a win over one, and neither have done anything title shot worthy.

what other result? those two sitting on their bums and waiting for title shot? fuck that

So...?

lesnar2.png

Jones isn't fighting Brock anytime soon, his WWE contract is up in April or May and even if he wanted to compete tomorrow he couldn't because he's retired, and so his suspension is frozen right?
I'd say book Jones Vs Gus and Oezdemir Vs Shogun. All 4 guys are the only guys up there right now off of a win. Winner of Shogun-Oezdemir fights the Champ. I hope to god Shogun beats Oezdemir in that situation. IDK why but I've been feeling a lot of nostalgia for Shogun recently and would love to see him fight Jones again. Even if he gets murked.

Did they really say that?
What kind of bullshit is that? They don't want to give Jon "an easy path" , but they're ok to give themselves one?
I don't get this mentality. There is one belt, it's at the top of the mountain around another guy's waist. If you want it, you should have to knock other guys off that mountain to get to it first. There's no damn line

Back