Volcker Rule to be Weakened by Trump Administration Appointment

HomerThompson

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A top bank regulator at the U.S. Federal Reserve is planning several imminent changes that Wall Street has wanted involving capital rules, proprietary trading and a process known as “living wills” that aims to prevent taxpayer bailouts.

During a speech in Washington on Friday, Randal Quarles, the Fed’s vice chair of supervision, outlined for the first time a comprehensive vision for how the Fed can go about easing rules introduced following the 2007-2009 financial crisis.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...om-volcker-to-stress-tests-idUSKBN1F82B8?il=0

@Jack V Savage
giphy.gif

I see another big rally for the stock market coming from this.

I see another big rally for the stock market coming from this.

Maybe a bit of one if this goes through or, perhaps, it's already baked into stock prices. However, long term, I think doing this kind of crass deregulation will eventually lead to another severe downturn or maybe even crash.

I'm sure another Democrat will come in later and fix it all. That's how this usually goes.

Don't worry Chicken Littles. The sky isn't going to fall on your head.

Well, we will see what the actual proposal is as there are currently 0 details.
But there is absolutely no reason for this currently. It is a blatant concession to investment bankers who will crash the economy for personal gain if you give them half a chance. So DON’T give them the chance. The economy is doing fine. Are we trying to accelerate the next recession?

Hopefully the economy wont crash until Democrats are in power.

Bush 3rd term is looking great for stocks, hopefully this time around the middle class is smart enough to get off the train before the tracks run out.

Back