Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold. The Poll. **Threads Merged**

Rockhold.

He'll either get a lopsided decision or a late TKO or sub.

All these strikforce fighters are overrated. All of them.

Vitor will need a doctor's note to up his TRT dosage after Rockhold wins.

So you're comparing Rockhold to Jones? That's a fucking stretch.

Actually no. Not at all. But I'm not surprised at all that you actually somehow came to this conclusion.

Vitor has choked against who lately? Jones and Silva? Who the fuck doesn't?

Interesting. Pick 2 fights out of his entire career. What's even more interesting is the fact those are the only 2 very good fighters he's fought in the last 6 years with the exception of Bisping. Run down his career resume. He's arguably the biggest choke in the sport.

Rockhold hasn't really beaten anyone that amazing. I would say Vitor's wins over Bisping, Johnson, Franklin and Akiyama (all by finish) and nearly snapping Jones' arm are more impressive than barely beating Jacare (which was questionable IMO), knocking out Jardine and dancing around Tim Kennedy.

Well I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

I'm leaning towards Belfotrt.

lets say vitor actually did choke against top competition his entire career

No. He DID choke against top competition his entire career. It's not just some hypothetical jargon. This happened.

rockhold has not shown himself to be top competition has he?

Look, you guys can go on with the old line of thinking that somehow fighting in the UFC is the only possible way to judge ones fighting ability.

I prefer to actually observe and watch these guys fight. Luke Rockhold is top competition regardless of what takes place in this fight. I know this going into the fight.

he hasnt even shown himself to be better than bisping.

vice versa...

vitor gave jones the best fight hes had in ages, that speaks volumes.

Um....No, no he didn't....He was utterly dominated the entire fight with the exception of 5 seconds. Amazing performance.

And that was a Vitor that didn't have to cut weight and had a TUE....

Vitor TKO 2nd or 3rd. With Brazil behind him I don't see him losing

Welcome to the UFC strikefarce champ, enjoy your TRT powered KO :)

Rockhold with reach, and being younger. This is a guard changing.

Vitor finishes him in a competitive fight imo.

vitor TKO/KO early in round 2, and as usual I will have anxiety the whole tiime watching him fight

chris-gerringer-i-know-that-feel-bro-princess.jpg

Just looked at the results
Seriously?

Seriously.

Interesting. Pick 2 fights out of his entire career. What's even more interesting is the fact those are the only 2 very good fighters he's fought in the last 6 years with the exception of Bisping. Run down his career resume. He's arguably the biggest choke in the sport.

Obviously he picked those 2 fights because they are the most relevant to the CURRENT Vitor Belfort. If you're going to talk shit about Vitor's resume how can you not factor in the fact that all the times he's "choked" against "very good fighters" were when he was blaming himself and his career for his sisters kidnapping/rape/murder? A fighters mind-set doesn't affect the way they fight?

You have a 2005 join date so you've obviously been an MMA fan for at least that long and yet you're still using Fight Finder to judge fighters? Speaking of:

He's already beaten better opponents than Vitor.

In what world is Tim Kennedy, Jacare, and Keith Jardine better than Bisping, Rumble, Akiyama, Rich Franklin, Matt Lindland, Wanderlei Silva, and(arguably) Tito Ortiz? Not to mention 10+ years more experience fighting top competition.

Um....No, no he didn't....He was utterly dominated the entire fight with the exception of 5 seconds. Amazing performance.

Okay so because Jon Jones beat on him like he has EVERY legit LHW contender he's faced we should just completely ignore the fact that Vitor, who fights at MW and took the fight on short notice, is the only man to ever hurt him and make him look human?

That armbar is the reason Jones couldn't fight for 6 months. And in my opinion it was the catalyst to a seemingly new more humble champion.

And I honestly believe had Vitor not gotten squeamish when he heard Jones elbow joint popping and let go we would have a new LHW champion. I say that objectively. As a fight fan not a Belfort fan.

No. He DID choke against top competition his entire career. It's not just some hypothetical jargon. This happened.

Look, you guys can go on with the old line of thinking that somehow fighting in the UFC is the only possible way to judge ones fighting ability.

I prefer to actually observe and watch these guys fight. Luke Rockhold is top competition regardless of what takes place in this fight. I know this going into the fight.

I'm done. You've obviously got an agenda.

I have nothing at all against Luke Rockhold. I am in fact a fan of his. But Vitor is on another level. I actually feel bad for Luke. His UFC debut is against one of the most dangerous fighters in the company. But at the same time I respect him for taking the fight knowing there's a good possibility he will be brutally knocked out. As a fan of the sport, IMO, we need more "Anyone Anytime" fighters like him.

kneeinthenuts how about a bet on the fight?

vitor is going to starch your boy and you can cry about it.

Rockhold has unbelievable conditioning. People who haven't seen him fight are in for something. They'll be happy he's in the UFC.

I picked Rockhold by decision. Kid is fucking fast.

Back