Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold. The Poll. **Threads Merged**

Jesus God....

The dream is still alive with Belfort fans...And I'm honestly one of them. But Jesus I'm realistic...

Finally beating a top 10 opponent who was Taylor made for his style is not a wave I'm riding on....

He's still arguably the biggest choke in MMA, and he's fighting someone who is hungry and very skilled....

He will fold....Just wait and see.

why exactly should the "dream" not be alive against rockhold? what has rockhold done that anyone should abandon hope over?

vitor nearly snapped bones arm in half, i wont be counting him out against anyone. damn sure not against someone as green as rockhold.

Wow, some of you are really underrating Rockhold. I got news for you. His striking is going to frustrate and eventually beat Belforts. You heard it here first.

so was bispings.

vitor's body is ready. dont you know?

why exactly should the "dream" not be alive against rockhold? what has rockhold done that anyone should abandon hope over?.

Because Vitor has choked against top competition his entire career. What has Rockhold done? Be very, very good. When Vitor fights someone very good, he loses pretty much every single time.

vitor nearly snapped bones arm in half, i wont be counting him out against anyone. damn sure not against someone as green as rockhold

I know it was amazing. The whole 4 seconds of it. Every remaining second of that fight he was completely and utterly dominated. Why? Because he was fighting someone very good.

Belfort by TKO from slicing Rockhold's eyelid with his glove.

Because Vitor has choked against top competition his entire career. What has Rockhold done? Be very, very good. When Vitor fights someone very good, he loses pretty much every single time.

I know it was amazing. The whole 4 seconds of it. Every remaining second of that fight he was completely and utterly dominated. Why? Because he was fighting someone very good.

lets say vitor actually did choke against top competition his entire career, what does that have to do with rockhold?

rockhold has not shown himself to be top competition has he? he hasnt even shown himself to be better than bisping. vitor gave jones the best fight hes had in ages, that speaks volumes. shogun, rampage, rashad and machida agree with me.

Rockhold either dances and prances around for five rounds and wins on points in a close fight or Vitor pastes his brain matter all over the canvas. People mentioning old Vitor and saying he gasses all the time (he still does, but obviously not nearly as hard) or has mental issues haven't realized that he has moved beyond all of that and demonstrated it ably lately. I expect him to fight smart. Luke will do the same. It's a chess match.

Rockhold either dances and prances around for five rounds and wins on points in a close fight or Vitor pastes his brain matter all over the canvas. People mentioning old Vitor and saying he gasses all the time (he still does, but obviously not nearly as hard) or has mental issues haven't realized that he has moved beyond all of that and demonstrated it ably lately. I expect him to fight smart. Luke will do the same. It's a chess match.

i swear this was the exact post you made coming into the bisping fight.

its still 100% spot on too.

So you're comparing Rockhold to Jones? That's a fucking stretch. Vitor has choked against who lately? Jones and Silva? Who the fuck doesn't? Rockhold hasn't really beaten anyone that amazing. I would say Vitor's wins over Bisping, Johnson, Franklin and Akiyama (all by finish) and nearly snapping Jones' arm are more impressive than barely beating Jacare (which was questionable IMO), knocking out Jardine and dancing around Tim Kennedy.

i swear this was the exact post you made coming into the bisping fight.

its still 100% spot on too.

It's funny. You could change Rockhold's name to Bisping and it still applies. Kind of eerie. Both of these guys can win this fight.

No, just....no.

Rockhold has been good, against the JV squad. Here's his chance to prove he's varsity material.

vitor mauled a possible top 10 hw in rumble.

vitor p4p god imo.

Belfort via TKO 3rd or 4th round.

vitor TKO/KO early in round 2, and as usual I will have anxiety the whole tiime watching him fight

Luke by a close UD.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Vitor KO anyone at MW that isn't AS though.

Back