Vitor Belfort on TRT: "I want people to know I have a conscience"

It was an honest question: I know Kizer said he probably wouldn't get a TUE, but has Belfort actually gone through the process to apply for one and been denied? Does Kizer and/or the committee who decides these things have all the relevant data?

He hasn't applied for one since he hasn't had a fight scheduled in Vegas since he's been on TRT.

If he wanted a TUE he'd be examined by the NSAC's physician then he would likely have a hearing for it and testimony would be made from the physician and Belfort likely, then a vote would happen.

I understand, but I think Nos. 1 and 2 are related: Belfort doesn't apply for a TUE because he tested positive for steroids earlier in his career and Nevada may not grant him an exemption. In regard to that, I don't think he should be condemned in 2013 for something he did in 2006. That said, he had ample time to clear the confusion, but he decided secrecy was his best option.

Kind of like a certain hormone infused neuter we know that fights women.:icon_chee

Meh...it is what it is and we all know what it is.

I understand, but I think Nos. 1 and 2 are related: Belfort doesn't apply for a TUE because he tested positive for steroids earlier in his career and Nevada may not grant him an exemption. In regard to that, I don't think he should be condemned in 2013 for something he did in 2006. That said, he had ample time to clear the confusion, but he decided secrecy was his best option.

so if you abuse in the past, and your T levels are low partially as a result of this illegal abuse, you should be allowed to boost your T synthetically to gain an advantage over fighters who did not cheat and whose T levels are lower as a result of the natural aging process?

do i have your stance on this correct?

It was an honest question: I know Kizer said he probably wouldn't get a TUE, but has Belfort actually gone through the process to apply for one and been denied? Does Kizer and/or the committee who decides these things have all the relevant data?

You think he's just hanging out doing nothing? Of course he went through the process. Now he'll wait a bit, and try again. But that information cannot be released. (When Kizer talked about the issue, he indicated that he was aware of Belforts levels, implying that Vitor had completed some aspects of the TUE process)

There is a reason he's only had 1 fight in NV since he was busted in '06... and he looked horrible before/in that fight.

Kizer, also, does not have 100%say in the issue.

dont blame him for how he feels - the finish was spectacular - but haters will hate and steroids / TRT kills any accomplishments for some people - it is what it is

so if you abuse in the past, and your T levels are low partially as a result of this illegal abuse, you should be allowed to boost your T synthetically to gain an advantage over fighters who did not cheat and whose T levels are lower as a result of the natural aging process?

do i have your stance on this correct?

Very well said.

No but it sure hangs a big looming cloud over his current success. Just like you suggest it'd be idiotic to attribute all his success to TRT, it'd also be idiotic to ignore it.

Good post.

trt isn't the reason vitor is displaying new striking techniques. of course, sherdog idiots will say otherwise.

ill leave these here before he gets shit on.
iFY7vKcJYwSxD.gif

hgfhfg-o.gif

and steroids aren't the reason barry bonds hit a bajillion homeruns. He already won 5 mvps. But it didn't hurt

trt isn't the reason vitor is displaying new striking techniques. of course, sherdog idiots will say otherwise.

ill leave these here before he gets shit on.
iFY7vKcJYwSxD.gif

hgfhfg-o.gif

what a dumb post, who said his technique improved because of trt??

what does havign MORE testosterone in your body do? it allows you to be able to fight harder move quicker hit harder, and most importantly it helps you TRAIN HARDER!

stop posting stupid crap showing him kicking people in the heads and saying his technique isnt better because or trt..

having more testosterone helps him in the long run, if you disagree then you're just naive.. i still like vitor and everything, but to deny it helps him is just plain stupid

no, it's easier to just book him in places like canada and brazil

He hasn't applied for one since he hasn't had a fight scheduled in Vegas since he's been on TRT.

If he wanted a TUE he'd be examined by the NSAC's physician then he would likely have a hearing for it and testimony would be made from the physician and Belfort likely, then a vote would happen.

You think he's just hanging out doing nothing? Of course he went through the process. Now he'll wait a bit, and try again. But that information cannot be released. (When Kizer talked about the issue, he indicated that he was aware of Belforts levels, implying that Vitor had completed some aspects of the TUE process)

There is a reason he's only had 1 fight in NV since he was busted in '06... and he looked horrible before/in that fight.

Kizer, also, does not have 100%say in the issue.

It would appear that there's conflicting information on the matter.

He tested positive for something in 2006, but there was an interview with an endocrinologist posted here several times that would lead me to believe that hypogonadism in most athletes is quite a strong indicator of steroid use within the present year. I think the ACs know this, but can't do much about it. So they come down hard anytime they can make an accusation stick.

It would appear that there's conflicting information on the matter.

i'm not sure of the details, what i do know is that kizer has been vocal about what he thinks would happen if vitor would try to get a TUE in NV.

and his last 4 fights have been outside the US.

until i see strong evidence to the contrary, i'm comfortable in my position on this.

what a dumb post, who said his technique improved because of trt??

what does havign MORE testosterone in your body do? it allows you to be able to fight harder move quicker hit harder, and most importantly it helps you TRAIN HARDER!

stop posting stupid crap showing him kicking people in the heads and saying his technique isnt better because or trt..

having more testosterone helps him in the long run, if you disagree then you're just naive.. i still like vitor and everything, but to deny it helps him is just plain stupid

This.

If you think that TRT doesn't help in any way whatsoever, you are an idiot. No one said that TRT taught Vitor how to kick or anything, that's a straw-man argument.

I'm a little confused.

So he admits that he thinks it's wrong, he's apologizing for it, but is he going to go off it? Or is he going to continue to use, feel guilty about it, and just keep apologizing to us?

Man, I'm glad bonds could never hit before roids. Thank God for roids!

swinging a bat=swinging a bat.

show me where vitor was throwing spinning kicks before getting with his new coaches.

Back