Vitor Belfort on TRT: "I want people to know I have a conscience"

Whether it's fair or not, I believe Vitor will be remembered by mainstream MMA fans as a roider. Sports fans are harsh.

Yep he will,

Its a shame on other fighters that do it naturally and really work to the max and just aint enought to fight against this type of persons...

Sonnen didn't have an exemption and he used a synthetic testosterone before fighting Silva. Pretty open and shut case of him illegally using PEDs for an advantage in his fight against Silva.

Sonnen cleared it up.

We just want to know exactly how high his T levels are getting with TRT. I've always said I have no problem with TRT even if you roided in the past. You shouldn't be punished for life b/c of a dumb decision in your past. I've always had 2 major stipulations. I think if these could be guarenteed, many people wouldn't have a huge problem with it.

1. You can only use TRT to get and keep your levels of Testosterone at the average level for a man YOUR AGE. If you are 40 years old, you can't just jack your test levels up to the top 1% of 23 year olds. That is dishonest.

2. And you can't jack up levels during training and just squeak under the wire during a fight test (like Nate tried to do). That is also scamming the system.

We just want to know exactly how high his T levels are getting with TRT. I've always said I have no problem with TRT even if you roided in the past. You shouldn't be punished for life b/c of a dumb decision in your past. I've always had 2 major stipulations. I think if these could be guarenteed, many people wouldn't have a huge problem with it.

1. You can only use TRT to get and keep your levels of Testosterone at the average level for a man YOUR AGE. If you are 40 years old, you can't just jack your test levels up to the top 1% of 23 year olds. That is dishonest.

2. And you can't jack up levels during training and just squeak under the wire during a fight test (like Nate tried to do). That is also scamming the system.

They will always do this, one way or another. The best "rush" is when you are a few days removed from the treatment... which is 2 days more than you need to get your levels within the acceptable ranges.

Screw it. No sense discussing issues if you are going to play that card.

pure speculation. kizer has no clue as to whether vitor would get a TUE. :redface:

It was an honest question: I know Kizer said he probably wouldn't get a TUE, but has Belfort actually gone through the process to apply for one and been denied? Does Kizer and/or the committee who decides these things have all the relevant data?

I can't STAND these phony, insincere, poor excuses for apololgies. I don't want forced apologies. You got caught.

People think I... blah, blah, blah... my feelings are hurt... wqerty... remember my legacy-dooble...

Vitor is a badass who juiced. Now he is a badass who TRTs. I would much rather he told us to F off.

Sez you. FACTS ARE FACTS.

Pretty sure saying He spoke to Kizer, then Kizer denying it, then Sonnen claiming he mispoke and that his manager spoke to Kizer would constitute lying under oath.

Like you said FACTS ARE FACTS and the fact is Sonnen lied under oath.

It was an honest question: I know Kizer said he probably wouldn't get a TUE, but has Belfort actually gone through the process to apply for one and been denied? Does Kizer and/or the committee who decides these things have all the relevant data?

no, it's easier to just book him in places like canada and brazil

I think he is singled out for several reasons:
1. He has previously tested positive for banned PEDs. Given that steroid usage is a major cause of hypogonadism, it looks pretty bad.
2. He doesn't have a TUE and isn't allowed to fight in Nevada, which has the most influential athletic commission in the US. Fighting in Brazil because the US won't let you take the drugs you admit to taking looks pretty bad.
3. His career hit a resurgence that roughly corresponds to his TRT usage. It looks pretty bad.
4. Most of the other well known TRT users have TUE's, and more importantly, have been losing fights recently.

I understand, but I think Nos. 1 and 2 are related: Belfort doesn't apply for a TUE because he tested positive for steroids earlier in his career and Nevada may not grant him an exemption. In regard to that, I don't think he should be condemned in 2013 for something he did in 2006. That said, he had ample time to clear the confusion, but he decided secrecy was his best option.

Pretty sure saying He spoke to Kizer, then Kizer denying it, then Sonnen claiming he mispoke and that his manager spoke to Kizer would constitute lying under oath.

Like you said FACTS ARE FACTS and the fact is Sonnen lied under oath.

Yet, in fact, Sonnen has been cleared by the SAC. Hmmm.

Back